Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bye, Frost :)

Now poo poo's getting good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
And we got to see Max Power Freeza and Frost

That's just beautiful

loving love you Freeza, and I love that his transformation is straight up stock footage like any good HERO OF JUSTICE

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

furosutu and furisa

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Am I the only one who still gets super hype seeing the opening? I usually skip most opens but Super's I sit through the whole thing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Carlosologist posted:

Am I the only one who still gets super hype seeing the opening? I usually skip most opens but Super's I sit through the whole thing

I absolutely do the same, it's so good.

Also, I just rewatched the last bit to watch Frost get owned again (still funny as hell) and I feel like Fr(i/e)eza thinks/knows Gohan was still holding back when they were fighting.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

F

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Gohan has been doing nothing but holding back, often to maybe stupid degrees.

Dude's pacing himself for the big finale.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Episode owned, it couldn't have happened with anyone other than Gohan too.

Maybe Piccolo, but it's not like they're gonna give him that cool a moment.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Frieza is so good

he's really justifying bringing him back for this tournament

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

fuckin lol Frost got his poo poo run and got erased, good riddance

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Poor Frost, you were never allowed to be anything more than a second-rate Frieza clone.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Freeza is very cool and also ice cold.

I refuse to believe that next episode preview about Jiran doing anything. Clown God getting creepy though.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

wrong thread.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

I skip to the 3 minute mark of every episode because that's when the opening and recap ends

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm assuming that Jiren is going to end up noselling the spirit bomb because he's a legitimately heroic dude and Goku's gonna be like 'aw poo poo.'

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Carlosologist posted:

The song is so good

WOO HOO

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Carlosologist posted:

Hell yeah, the first 5 seconds of Goku and Jiren punching each other as the music increasingly ups the tempo is like DBZ distilled.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Caidin posted:

Freeza is very cool and also ice cold.

I refuse to believe that next episode preview about Jiran doing anything. Clown God getting creepy though.

Next episode is the one hour special in two weeks that's basically Goku vs Jiren so he will probably do something.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
*clicks thread*
*forgot it’s saturday and sees lots of spoiler text*
*click back*

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Kashuno posted:

*clicks thread*
*forgot it’s saturday and sees lots of spoiler text*
*click back*

ADTRW is so different these days, Zorak would've gone on a probation massacre with the amount of spoilers being thrown around.

It's still much better overall, you just need to watch the new episode, then read the thread.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I like that Frost's end was getting outdone by Freeza and mocked for not being nearly good enough. He really was the Cooler Freeza.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Somebody better record a 45-minute whinefest about Frost for me to ignore.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

ImpAtom posted:

I'm assuming that Jiren is going to end up noselling the spirit bomb because he's a legitimately heroic dude and Goku's gonna be like 'aw poo poo.'

He'll absorb it like Trunks did, there's your new form. But I don't think that'll be the climax of the tournament.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
How is Goku going to convince anyone to cooperate for a spirit bomb except people from his own team?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Only the very last spirit bomb required cooperation, he can just suck the surrounding planets dry.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RealFoxy posted:

How is Goku going to convince anyone to cooperate for a spirit bomb except people from his own team?

Let's be super honest

Outside of Universe 11's three guys, the only other people on the level of universe 7 are Kale and Hit.

One day, when Cauli becomes a Goddess, she should be able to rank up there, but for now nope.

Like we're legit at the point where Universe 7 has nothing but power houses left. Piccolo is now the weakest member of the team, and he could still wreck poo poo.

Unless those Namekians that hypothetically exist over at Universe 6 are secretly super powerful, anyways. And even then- Hit might just lend Goku some power. Kale too, if Cauli encourages her.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Somebody better record a 45-minute whinefest about Frost for me to ignore.

I wish they had let Frost be something more interesting than "Frieza, but no as good", but this was a pretty good way to get rid of him if they weren't going to do that.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

He'll absorb it like Trunks did, there's your new form. But I don't think that'll be the climax of the tournament.

He's shown throwing it in the preview for next episode, unless Jiren throws it right back at him.

I'm thinking he experienced some of that sweet Hakai action when Freeza trapped him in that destruction ball, and will tap into some of that to get to the next level

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

CharlestheHammer posted:

Only the very last spirit bomb required cooperation, he can just suck the surrounding planets dry.

What surrounding planets?

Rhonne posted:

I wish they had let Frost be something more interesting than "Frieza, but no as good", but this was a pretty good way to get rid of him if they weren't going to do that.

I wish they stuck with the "Frieza, but a good guy" angle like they teased when he was first introduced. A Frieza that would rather team up with Toppo than with, well, Frieza.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Today's episode made the switch with Buu worth it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I liked all the fight noises Frieza made.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Frieza owns
Gohan sucks
Spoilers own

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
That ended pretty much exactly how it should have. I don't see Frost so much as Frieza lite (despite what parallels the show makes) and more like, I dunno, Raditz who isn't meant to be taken as a big deal. The only think that makes him like Frieza is that they're the same race, which is only interesting because we barely have any of them at all.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If the rationale for Goku's next form is "hmmm what if I eat the spirit bomb" then it'll be the best thing ever

I think it'll be something where he absorbs the energy of the bomb as a SSB and it does some trippy poo poo

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Frost raging out at being thrown aside at the end was a lot like Freeza's rage after Goku spares him cut in half on Namek.

I think Frost was pretty cool (nice) and having his story end with such finality is a nice change of pace

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RealFoxy posted:

he'll ask the Zenos to raise their hands if they wanna see something cool and build a spirit bomb big enough to end all of existence

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm betting Jiren is just going to bat the Spirit Bomb right back at Goku if not shatter it with his fists.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
so has anyone noticed that some of the same tracks are used in both DBZ Kai and DB Super? Like... this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FytTIM4T0vc Zamasu music was in the tournament arc of kai. What's up with that? I feel like there might be a few other crossover musics in the series, and I'm certain i heard Judgment Day more than once in Kai.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYezwZ6_cS0 this one too is used a lot in Buu Kai.

Lupus Rufus fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
1. Episode was super good. Frost got super owned.
2. I bet Freeza knows Gohan has his hidden power poo poo, and knows he will be needed to win the fight
3. Goku is totally gonna absorb a spirit bomb for his new form, and make a godly ki spirit bomb