Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Rhonne posted:

People in the anime thread are now debating if Bakugou would join the villains. The wait for season 3 is going to kill me.

I honestly have to keep catching myself. I posted about Bakugo up to a point, but now that the villain debate has started, I have to take a step back.

I, too, thought Bakugo might end up being a villain while I was reading, but thought that it would be stupid to have happen. I'm glad it didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just go full "Game of Thrones poster on the internet" and pretend you don't read while being really really good at theorising.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well I've never read the manga before but I'm pretty sure that tintin is gonna feature heavily in the anime at some point. just a guess tho

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I thought he was gonna go villain and was very relieved he didn't

e: tintin that is. Bakugou would never be a villain

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Just go full "Game of Thrones poster on the internet" and pretend you don't read while being really really good at theorising.

Okay, I'll admit, I gave in and sort of did this when I really shouldn't have. At least there's other people making the same point, so it's a conclusion you can naturally reach with the available information :negative:.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's fun seeing people have all the same arguments we had though.

Can't wait for the "All Might is totally going to die against All For One here" arguments.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm not even looking in the anime thread, the urge would just be too strong.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

The Lord of Hats posted:

Okay, I'll admit, I gave in and sort of did this when I really shouldn't have. At least there's other people making the same point, so it's a conclusion you can naturally reach with the available information :negative:.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I've actually seen this happen so many times on this subforum that, if I happen to read a manga that's getting an anime and check out the anime thread (so, basically just MHA, though OPM was in that situation a while back, and had that problem in the manga thread too actually with webcomic readers), when I notice someone accurately predicting future stuff I sometimes check to see if they're a manga thread poster who is doing this sort of thing. Sadly, more often than not that is the case. (I report them when I see this happening, since calling them out in the thread would confirm that their predictions are actually spoilers.)

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i dont fully watch the anime just eps and fights here and there but the all might vs ofa climax is going to be next level good based on how they did the nomu fight

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

tbp posted:

i dont fully watch the anime just eps and fights here and there but the all might vs ofa climax is going to be next level good based on how they did the nomu fight

I would not be surprised if they were slowly crafting that in between working on season 3 as they know that they have to make that fight absolutely amazing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Hunt11 posted:

I would not be surprised if they were slowly crafting that in between working on season 3 as they know that they have to make that fight absolutely amazing.

The did a really good job on the fight at the USJ, so I can't imagine they'd get the All for One fight wrong. It's probably where most of next season's budget will go.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

deku's fight with muscle madness during the training camp is probably gonna get a lot of focus as well

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
one thing i think a bunch of ppl have probabyl said in here before but i dont know about because i didnt read it all is that i like that mha does a good job breaking some tropes of shonen stories by making it about responsible use of power and how "gung ho bushido death all the way to win" isnt necessarily a great idea

which is what makes the moments like when deku said "gently caress it if i dont blow my arm back and potentially lose it forever this kid will literally die" even cooler

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Manatee Cannon posted:

deku's fight with muscle madness during the training camp is probably gonna get a lot of focus as well

It's gonna look super gross, I can't wait.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So the next season of the anime has gotta end on YOU'RE NEXT, right?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

tbp posted:

one thing i think a bunch of ppl have probabyl said in here before but i dont know about because i didnt read it all is that i like that mha does a good job breaking some tropes of shonen stories by making it about responsible use of power and how "gung ho bushido death all the way to win" isnt necessarily a great idea

which is what makes the moments like when deku said "gently caress it if i dont blow my arm back and potentially lose it forever this kid will literally die" even cooler

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So the next season of the anime has gotta end on YOU'RE NEXT, right?

If they go for 1 cour, they'll probably end it on either the beach or everyone heading back to school, and if they go 2 cours, Deku vs Bakugou

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I don't like this comic, it makes me like Sasuke

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Terper posted:

If they go for 1 cour, they'll probably end it on either the beach or everyone heading back to school, and if they go 2 cours, Deku vs Bakugou

Can they cover all of Summer Camp AND UNITED STATES OF SMASH! in one cour? That seems a bit much. Then again, rereading the manga and the arcs do just fly by. I hope they get to Deku vs. Bakugo because that is the best moment in the comic so far.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I don't like this comic, it makes me like Sasuke

It fails to consider the fact that at that point Sasuke really did need to have some sense beaten into him.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Sasuke is cool even if he's a dick

also his powerset is way more interesting than naruto's "use rasengan"

(the best part of naruto himself is kurama)

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
transforming bunshins into knives and using deception is p cool too

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Please, here in ADTRW, we call them Attack on Titan posters.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Aurora posted:

Sasuke is cool even if he's a dick

also his powerset is way more interesting than naruto's "use rasengan"

(the best part of naruto himself is kurama)

naruto fights got less and less cool as they got bigger

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Same.

Elfgames posted:

Ninja Ball Z

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Elfgames posted:

Absolutely. The up close and 'grounded' fights like Rock Lee VS Gaara or Naruto VS Neji are head and shoulders above anything involving Susano'o or the Rasenshuriken.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Next week is gonna have Uraraka put her Murder Face on which cements her as best girl.

I'm excited.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Absolutely. The up close and 'grounded' fights like Rock Lee VS Gaara or Naruto VS Neji are head and shoulders above anything involving Susano'o or the Rasenshuriken.

Nah

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hell maybe you should try watching Bee vs. Sasuke's group

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Sorry, I will apologize for forgetting Bee trashing the Sasuke group and literally almost murdering Sasuke, that week was a high I had forgotten Naruto could reach. The rest I stand by, though. Even when it seemed like things were getting back to physical fights VS energy blasts with Sage Mode it didn't stick for long before he went Super Saiyan. Even Guy's final fight, as cool as it was, wasn't as impressive as the more technical earlier fights, it was just overwhelming power that worked until it didn't.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Eej posted:

Next week is gonna have Uraraka put her Murder Face on which cements her as best girl.

I'm excited.

The look on her face when she says "Let... go of him?" was sooo gooood. Halfway between dawning realization and murderous intent.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
*best girl that isn't Hatsune Mei

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

Please, here in ADTRW, we call them Attack on Titan posters.

i don't know about attack on titan because it's somehow even worse than game of thrones which is the lowest bar i accept

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Rhonne posted:

People in the anime thread are now debating if Bakugou would join the villains. The wait for season 3 is going to kill me.

Except some people can't really shut up and already spoiled he becomes goodimproves himself :shrug:

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Oh gently caress, just realized that the next season of the anime will bring back the nerdraging about one million percent. I hope they go with an alternate wording.
Looking forward to see how many (wrong and bad) people won't Believe in All Might, tho.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If you are unable to resist theorising in the anime thread you're bad and a baby and worse than the "nudge nudge wait till you see what's coming hehe" posters

LupusAter posted:

Oh gently caress, just realized that the next season of the anime will bring back the nerdraging about one million percent. I hope they go with an alternate wording.
Looking forward to see how many (wrong and bad) people won't Believe in All Might, tho.

Horikoshi even had to include an author's note explaining it wasn't actually 1 million like two chapters later.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Aurora posted:

Hell maybe you should try watching Bee vs. Sasuke's group

That is only fun because it is Sasuke getting wrecked for 90% of the fight before eye bullshit allows him to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

EmmyOk posted:

"nudge nudge wait till you see what's coming hehe" posters

:suicide: the worst