Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The Cell saga is easily the best in the series and the fight with Gohan is probably the best as well, tied with Gokus first fight with Vegeta

People saying Cell is boring is weird to me. Frieza was boring. He sat in a chair and was Pure Evil. He's more fun in Super now that he's got restraints on him but in DBZ he was boring as gently caress

Buu was more fun than Frieza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Why didn't they drag Garlic Jr. out of the dead zone for the tournament?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Why didn't they drag Garlic Jr. out of the dead zone for the tournament?

and replace who? The loser is p weak

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Yeah, all the dude has for him is "is immortal". He's not immune to getting rung out, and killing is illegal in the tournament anyway.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Should just got Giygas Zamasu, but he might been with his universe and they wouldn't been deleted.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kashuno posted:

and replace who? The loser is p weak

Tien.

Ain't nothin' in the rules that says Garlic Jr. wouldn't be allowed to drag people into the dead zone.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Garlic Jr. is a filler character.

Also Android 21 is really lending credence to the theory that Bulma's mom is an android.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Garlic Jr has historically lost to ring out more than any other Dragonball character who would want him in this tournament

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Bring back Tapion.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe
Buyon should have been chosen. /s

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Bring back Devilman.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhonne posted:

Bring back Devilman.

Can't kill, so he'd be useless.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Tien.

Ain't nothin' in the rules that says Garlic Jr. wouldn't be allowed to drag people into the dead zone.

I legit think Yamcha would have handled that sniper dude a whole lot better.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Guldo would could clean up against the big leaguers in this tourney, Hit's 0.5 seconds has nothing on 'long enough to just pick you up and drop you off the stage'

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Guldo lifting anyone is a funny joke.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

I legit think Yamcha would have handled that sniper dude a whole lot better.

He would've pulled out a baseball and a bat and knocked him out. Beerus would scream: HOME RUN!!! and while the rest of the GoDs got mad, Zeno would get wrapped up in the spectacle and let it go

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurora posted:

She's hot mate

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Guldo lifting anyone is a funny joke.

Frieza with four months training: gains power to rival a GoD, but still falls short compared to Jiren

Guldo with four months training: can now hold his breath for 30 seconds and carry his own body weight, defeats every opponent with a series of DIO-esque time pranks

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

multijoe posted:

Frieza with four months training: gains power to rival a GoD, but still falls short compared to Jiren

Guldo with four months training: can now hold his breath for 30 seconds and carry his own body weight, defeats every opponent with a series of DIO-esque time pranks

DIO's stairs prank is still the best thing in Jojo's. The man can really commit to a bit.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They should bring back Burter, he's the fastest in the universe afterall.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Guldo Brando - Time Prankster

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Rhonne posted:

They should bring back Burter, he's the fastest in the universe afterall.

The Rabbit dude took his title because he's the fastest in the multiverse.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Darko posted:

The Rabbit dude took his title because he's the fastest in the multiverse.

Burter took less time to get his poo poo kicked in so who's really the fastest in the end?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

With all the callbacks to the old series it stills irks me that none of the Nam Vets mentioned Guldo when Hit showed his ability.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Petiso posted:

With all the callbacks to the old series it stills irks me that none of the Nam Vets mentioned Guldo when Hit showed his ability.

Guldo wasn't even a decent match for Namek Saga Krillin, I'd be surprised if even Freeza remembered him.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Which of the speed gimmick people has the cutest boy/girlfriend is the real question.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Which of the speed gimmick people has the cutest boy/girlfriend is the real question.

I mean Jayce is right there so...

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bring Back Bojack

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Augus posted:

Bring Back Bojack

Bojack Horseman would make this arc better, I agree.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rhonne posted:

Bojack Horseman would make this arc better, I agree.

Back in the 90s I was in a very famous TV show works for both Bojack AND Goku!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

TheHan posted:

Guldo wasn't even a decent match for Namek Saga Krillin, I'd be surprised if even Freeza remembered him.

Guldo almost killed Krillin and Gohan in a 2v1 fight, no problem

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Bring back Captain Ginyu.

Have him Bodyswap Jiren, game over.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Bring back Captain Ginyu.

Have him Bodyswap Zen-oh, game over.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CharlestonJew posted:

Guldo almost killed Krillin and Gohan in a 2v1 fight, no problem

It's surprising how little people actually remember about that part of the show given how often it was repeated on tv.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbf if your touchstone for the namek saga is the original anime, it must be hard to keep what happened straight when 90% of it is filler

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
With the fact that Caulifla and Kale are just expected to get stronger as the fight goes on, they should've just brought Uub and Goku would be like "Well you're gonna get stronger and better here anyway so see ya later kid"

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Kashuno posted:

With the fact that Caulifla and Kale are just expected to get stronger as the fight goes on, they should've just brought Uub and Goku would be like "Well you're gonna get stronger and better here anyway so see ya later kid"

Uub is two.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

even better?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gohan was kicking rear end at 4 that's no excuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

remind me how old Goku was when he murdered his grandpa?