Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Goku was like "Good guy Frieza! Cool! I want you to be my best buddy and fight at your fullest and we have a fun fight and then maybe you'll train and get better and I can fight Golden Frieza but WITHOUT the whole incredible hatred and killing my planet thing and it'll be great!" and then Frost turned out to be an rear end in a top hat and Goku just lost all interest in him. Then he found his NEW best friend in Hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If he wasn't as powerful as Namek Frieza I doubt Goku would have even bothered fighting him long.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Frost is probably as powerful as Namek-era Freeza. The difference between him and Freeza is that Freeza actually learned something from losing to Goku and Trunks, and put some effort into improvement.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Serge Painsbourg posted:

Frost is probably as powerful as Namek-era Freeza. The difference between him and Freeza is that Freeza actually learned something from losing to Goku and Trunks, and put some effort into improvement.

Frost is stronger then that given that he was stronger then Piccolo.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Frost is stronger then that given that he was stronger then Piccolo.

Was he really though?

Piccolo over powered him, and was definitely going to win with the special beam cannon.

Compare that to what Piccolo could manage against Final Form Freeza on Namek, which was flail angrily for five seconds.

I honestly think Piccolo could have taken Frost in a straight fight. Goku just underestimated him.

Piccolo is also hilariously under sold as not even being as strong as some one on the level of Zarbon.

Basically Super has a very loving weird memory when it comes to how powerful characters are

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Tagoma was far stronger than that when he fought Piccolo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah Piccolo was going to beat Frost, but it was via tactics and trickery not over powering him. And Piccolo had far surpassed Namek era Freeza.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

here's the thing

Power Levels

Frost is weaker than Freiza and that's all we know and should care about

anyone is now exactly as strong as the fight demands, with the caveat Not As Strong As Goku

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

g0lbez posted:

Is the dub worth watching if I'm already caught up with the sub? I'm bored and wondering if the old english voice cast brings anything new to the table

Like you guys suggested I rewatched the dub and for anyone on the fence it's definitely worth a rewatch if you're caught up with the subs and have nothing better to do. The cast knows exactly who the target audience is here and there's a lot of hilarious and self-aware lines and Beerus sounds so much like a smarmy rear end in a top hat it's amazing

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
For a demonstration of Appule's unlimited power, play xenoverse 2 where he can juggle beerus

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

How many of the twelve universes could Kid Buu have taken out? The world may never know...

I'm gonna go with the four bottom rung ones!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

does any universe but 7 have something that can destroy something utterly like the spirit bomb? or a sealing thing like the mafuba? otherwise idk how you actually kill buu in the first place

u6 and u11 clearly have stronger fighters than kid buu but really it depends on whether he could absorb someone like hit or jiren before they could react, like what happened with gohan

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Just Hakai Him.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That's the thing, if Buu did to other Universes what he did to Universe 7, the GoDs would be a non factor due to his murder spree of the Kais

It's really only dumb luck that Beerus wasn't erased from existence because Shin managed to survive

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

dumb motherfucks should be shaking U7s hand for turning Buu from "empties U7 of all life and afterlife and absorbs literally everyone, likely before murdering the Kais of every other universe, biggest loss of universal life since U12-U18" to "sleeping overpowered fatass"

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Burkion posted:

That's the thing, if Buu did to other Universes what he did to Universe 7, the GoDs would be a non factor due to his murder spree of the Kais

It's really only dumb luck that Beerus wasn't erased from existence because Shin managed to survive

Yeah, but them fighting Buu themselves was clearly before Beerus and the idea of Gods of Destruction were created.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if you mean it was before toriyama thought up beerus then sure, but nah they existed before that. beerus just sleeps through everything

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Black August posted:

here's the thing

Power Levels

Frost is weaker than Freiza and that's all we know and should care about

anyone is now exactly as strong as the fight demands, with the caveat Not As Strong As Goku

Here's the thing about Frost's power level. Zeno erased his punk rear end so now it's zero.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
There was a brief preview of the special next week, nothing really of note, except that Godkiller Goku doesn't have slit cat eyes like the preview artwork made it look.

TheHan fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Oct 1, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you mean it was before toriyama thought up beerus then sure, but nah they existed before that. beerus just sleeps through everything

The first one. Beerus being a lazy rear end makes it not a huge contradiction (although they could have called Whis to wake him up), but I doubt any Kais from other Universes would fight him personally.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Justin_Brett posted:

The first one. Beerus being a lazy rear end makes it not a huge contradiction (although they could have called Whis to wake him up), but I doubt any Kais from other Universes would fight him personally.

I think the big difference between 7 and the others is that Beerus is outright hostile to the Kais. Old Kai and King Kai seem pretty terrified when he wakes up, and since he's known to imprison Kais in swords for eternity the Supreme Kais probably thought waking him up would be worse than having Buu around. Other universes have Supreme Kais that we actually see working with their God to do their job. Except Champa, but that's not surprising since he's just as bad as Beerus.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Dragon Ball Super kinda starts to borrow back from Dragon Ball or One Piece "Power Levels" where it's not about physical strength all the time, sometimes people are just playing smarter than you, which is why Roshi was able to do so well in the tournament.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Fat Kaioshin probably knew all the good food planets to visit to keep Beerus calm.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Have a feeling the reason Old Kai got put into a sword is because the other Kais asked him to erase Buu after one of them died and he rather get to sleep. And Old Kai probably pissed him off enough to turn him into a sword as he can't just erase him, but rather turn him into insurance instead if the other Kais get eaten.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I enjoyed the Super dub going full on DBZA with Magetta's voice.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
why are we not talking about the extended preview for next week's episode?

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/commen...it&utm_name=dbz

splooge

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Absorbing a genki dama to become a limit breaker confirmed, I guess

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
That preview is hilarious because the entire time Jiren looks bored

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
That's obviously Goku fusing with Jiren.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

OctoberCountry posted:

I enjoyed the Super dub going full on DBZA with Magetta's voice.
I never expected them to go full Microsoft Sam, and all the noise makes it a bit hard to hear, but it was perfect otherwise.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Webbeh posted:

splooge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG3fFrfvLjA

go to 8m

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKKexZL5P0Y

Hit's voice in the dub since he's finally talked.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Webbeh posted:

splooge

Oh my god he does the 'I'm gonna loving kill you' looks he gives to Frieza when he goes SSJ!!

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Burkion posted:

Bringing this up since I just watched Vegeta VS Frost in the dub

I don't think Frost was even as powerful as base form Freeza was in RoF. I really don't.

Dude is just straight up not very strong. The only weird thing is Piccolo having issues with him, but really, Piccolo I think was stronger than Frost. Goku seriously overestimated him.

Goku or Vegeta could have beaten Frost in base form with some difficulty, and Vegeta one shots the guy while holding back and pulling his punch as just a SSJ.

And it makes sense.

Frost's whole deal is that he's a sneaky snake, clever and cunning.

Freeza was many things. Sneaky, Clever OR cunning are not his bag. Frost really isn't just Freeza But Pretends to Be Good. He's a whole different kind of villain, one who is by his very nature much weaker than Freeza.

Freeza was raw power personified, and he ruled as such. Frost got by on his wits and intelligence because he REALLY isn't that strong.

It also makes sense because of course Goku was loving around with Frost. Vegeta didn't, and the fight lasted exactly as long as it should have.

This is sort of what irritates me about how Gohan is portrayed in the tournament. He was getting knocked around a bit by Frost, since when we saw him last episode, he was holding his arm like he was hurt and kneeling down like he was worn out. We saw that Gohan at full power is about on par with SSB Goku since Goku had to kaioken to beat him when they sparred, and Frost is way below that. Gohan really just ended up looking like a bitch this whole tournament.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

bobjr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKKexZL5P0Y

Hit's voice in the dub since he's finally talked.

He's Mcree now, owns.

TTS Magetta also owns.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Carl Seitan posted:

This is sort of what irritates me about how Gohan is portrayed in the tournament. He was getting knocked around a bit by Frost, since when we saw him last episode, he was holding his arm like he was hurt and kneeling down like he was worn out. We saw that Gohan at full power is about on par with SSB Goku since Goku had to kaioken to beat him when they sparred, and Frost is way below that. Gohan really just ended up looking like a bitch this whole tournament.

Goku knocked his son around a little too much now he's in no condition to fight anymore

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

He's Mcree now, owns.

TTS Magetta also owns.

Isn't he also Jotaro?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Isn't he also Jotaro?

Haven't watched Stardust Crusaders so idk how he sounds in that, but it's the same guy yeah.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Carl Seitan posted:

I think Gohan might just be tired out and not at 100% because he is out of pratice and hasn't been in a long battle in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
So wait...is Jiren getting defeated in the special then? What the gently caress is the rest of the tournament gonna be when that happens?

Also Gohan keeps losing fights because he's holding back. which doesn't effect how strong he'll be later, only punching people does that.