Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/toonami

Toonami/Adult Swim doing a Dragonball Kai marathon on their stream at the link, Buu just emerged last episode, so should be getting into Majin Vegeta VS Buu stuff soon I think? I don't know how far this is gonna go

It'll probably go up to where the show left off on Toonami this week(right after Buu kills Babidi)

Babidi is really annoying after Buu gets released. All of his dialogue follows the same pattern *Buu gets hit* "oh no Buu is dead! *Buu gets up* "Haha, nothing can ever stop Buu!" *repeat for several episodes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, Babadi really did not have ANY clue what he was doing, or what Buu really was or could do.

The only thing he was good for was drawing out one's natural power. To think, he could have given us Majin Gohan

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Buu really should have killed Babidi right off the bat to establish that he's an independent being and all. A couple episodes of going from "HOW COULD YOU DEFEAT BUU THE GREATEST BEING ALIVE" to "MUAHAHAHA I KNEW YOU COULD NEVER DEFEAT BUU" turned a cool rear end evil wizard bug man into a really boring magic hype man.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

sexpig by night posted:

Yea Buu really should have killed Babidi right off the bat to establish that he's an independent being and all. A couple episodes of going from "HOW COULD YOU DEFEAT BUU THE GREATEST BEING ALIVE" to "MUAHAHAHA I KNEW YOU COULD NEVER DEFEAT BUU" turned a cool rear end evil wizard bug man into a really boring magic hype man.

That or it might just worked better if Babidi just died from being beheaded by Piccolo. Would work the same, with Buu going on a rampage over the death of his 'father'.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Rirse posted:

That or it might just worked better if Babidi just died from being beheaded by Piccolo. Would work the same, with Buu going on a rampage over the death of his 'father'.
Buu hating Babidi's guts is an important part of Hercule convincing him to be a good guy, so having Buu be completely uninvolved in his death might weaken that plot point.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The point of Babidi and the Supreme Kai was that neither had any goddamn clue what they were getting involved with except 'Buu is strong'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea you gotta have Buu take Babidi out because the point still needs to be that he really had no clue what Buu was other than 'strong' and Buu actually had different feelings and agendas than Babidi's evil rear end.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does Toonami normally livestream for free? I don't have a cable sub with cartoon network anymore so being at their whim with what episodes of the dub they want available sucks.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The point of Babidi and the Supreme Kai was that neither had any goddamn clue what they were getting involved with except 'Buu is strong'.

Earth was caught up in a war between two incredibly incompetent morons.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

IcePhoenix posted:

Does Toonami normally livestream for free? I don't have a cable sub with cartoon network anymore so being at their whim with what episodes of the dub they want available sucks.

they do a lot of random livestream stuff on the adultswim website, though it's not like you can go pick episodes or tv shows. you can just watch whatever's going at the time.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Earth was caught up in a war between two incredibly incompetent morons.

Piccolo and Kami? Goku and Red? Goku and Dr Gero? Champa and Beerus?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Kild posted:

Gero was not incompetent, or a moron really, as the androids show, he did however create something he could not control like any proper mad scientist, and suffered from his transgressions. otherwise entirely accurate.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kild posted:

Hey now, Earth was never in any real danger because of Champa and Beerus's rivalry. If anything, they had a chance to move to a better universe.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man, imagine how hosed Beerus would have been if they had lost that tournament.

Literally all of his warriors for the tournament came from Earth. Even Freeza in a weird way

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Burkion posted:

Man, imagine how hosed Beerus would have been if they had lost that tournament.

Literally all of his warriors for the tournament came from Earth. Even Freeza in a weird way

"Ahhh quick Whis, where is this Namak place Goku talked about!? Is there anyone left alive in Frieza's army!?"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A hypothetical Universe 6 Fusion team would be something like

Hit, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Kale, Cauli(?), Buu(If Not Asleep), Piccolo, Frost, Magetta

I guess Beerus would have to SUPER gently caress around and dredge up like

Freeza, Cooler, Cell, Future Trunks, Other Future Trunks, Kid Buu, King Cold(?), Future Android 16?, Super Namekian After He Makes A Bunch Of Them Fuse, Goku Black??

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Beerus would not use Kid Buu, Cell, Frieza, or any of the other dead villains because they are dead and the only reason he could use Frieza was because he was a) the only villain who had not repented and moved on yet, and b) because Goku called in a favor. Future Trunks wouldn't help because why the gently caress would he?

Jaco would obviously be the one to lead the Universe 7 team.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man, I'm trying my best to give Beerus anything here. It's not my fault he lives in a dead universe

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

His team would be made up of Jaco, General Rilldo, the Para Para Brothers, and whatever other lovely GT aliens they could find.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I still think him recruiting Future Trunks and Other Future Trunks would be brilliant

Maybe both Mais too

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kid buu was already revived on earth so he's not an option

presumably earth's afterlife would come with the planet itself, meaning freeza wouldn't be available either

cell already passed on so he's not an option for anyone period

I feel like future trunks wouldn't be available either? how do alternate timeline earths factor in when your planet is moved. would he be in u6 now too?

also goku black was erased out of existence

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Burkion posted:

Man, I'm trying my best to give Beerus anything here. It's not my fault he lives in a dead universe

Actually given he let Freeza and Buu gently caress around for years without stopping them, it kind of is his fault.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Burkion posted:

I still think him recruiting Future Trunks and Other Future Trunks would be brilliant

Maybe both Mais too

Trunks+Mai counting as one person team, citing the Ice Climber Exception in appeal to the Zenos

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

With the advent of new universes with robots being viable opponents, not to mention the androids, I'd like to see Bulma make a robot/mech/android of her own to help in a major battle. Or have Briefs go full Dr. Light and make a Megaman style Wonderboy character. They're so smart but it's never applied in battle?
I have lots of other bad ideas, too!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

graham cracker posted:

With the advent of new universes with robots being viable opponents, not to mention the androids, I'd like to see Bulma make a robot/mech/android of her own to help in a major battle. Or have Briefs go full Dr. Light and make a Megaman style Wonderboy character. They're so smart but it's never applied in battle?
I have lots of other bad ideas, too!

No good

Goku already fills the Megaman slot

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Black August posted:

No good

Goku already fills the Megaman slot

He does steal the abilities of enemies. Plus, remember the old DBZ intro that showed his veins were some akira wire poo poo before he lights up that ki blast? These are facts.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

sexpig by night posted:

He was fairly decent after Buu healed him. He had a good deal of showman ship and charisma when he started threatening the world and showing them Buu's rampage. He became better once he got a better handle on what Buu could do. Though he still had the issue of putting all of his eggs into one not easily controlled basket. Keeping Dabura around would have helped him immensely and likely would have prevented his death.

Though I think the good guys were kind of stupid for not taking advantage of him back when he was still alive. Buu did very little to protect him, and Babadi was a coward. Threatening him into sealing Buu likely would have worked.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Though I think the good guys were kind of stupid for not taking advantage of him back when he was still alive. Buu did very little to protect him, and Babadi was a coward. Threatening him into sealing Buu likely would have worked.

The good guys being stupid is what led to Buu being freed in the first place.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The good guys being stupid is what led to Buu being freed in the first place.

ditto the loving androids. i started rewatching the cell saga recently and goku gets warning about the androids and he lets them be cause "i wanna fight those androids!"

also he slaps chichi through the wall of their house

just rewatching that and remembering all the people saying "why'd they make goku stupid in super :qq:" is making me laff

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

DBZA is as much exaggeration as it is fabrication

Goku has a goddamn universe-threatening fighting addiction and is a canonically brain damaged IDIOT

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"I knew I shouldnt have gotten a dry clean only cape"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Y’all think Beerus would be in trouble without earth but forget Monaka

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
we're up to 19 minutes of real time tournament fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qywsIn_jKgo&t=1s

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kashuno posted:

we're up to 19 minutes of real time tournament fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qywsIn_jKgo&t=1s

My favorite parts will always be how everything (including the clock) freezes during time skip

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Burkion posted:

A hypothetical Universe 6 Fusion team would be something like

Hit, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Kale, Cauli(?), Buu(If Not Asleep), Piccolo, Frost, Magetta

I guess Beerus would have to SUPER gently caress around and dredge up like

Freeza, Cooler, Cell, Future Trunks, Other Future Trunks, Kid Buu, King Cold(?), Future Android 16?, Super Namekian After He Makes A Bunch Of Them Fuse, Goku Black??

Put the brain-controlling parasite and the super human evil water on team U7, have them just control the strongest fighters of the ToP and win that way.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Piccolo's a super difficult cosplay, so I'll give props to this guy for doing a good job of it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Monaghan posted:

Piccolo's a super difficult cosplay, so I'll give props to this guy for doing a good job of it.

Yeah his solution for Piccolo's arms works well.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
www dot da black goku dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Has Zamasu ever done a black kamehameha in the show anyway.