Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

a cartoon duck posted:

Has Zamasu ever done a black kamehameha in the show anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqKoUJyG-Eo it starts much darker than it ends up being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamasu
Nov 4, 2016

I'm just being self-absorbed.
It doesn't matter if no one's listening.

Kashuno posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqKoUJyG-Eo it starts much darker than it ends up being

That's the good stuff. :discourse:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Man, I enjoyed the Zamasu arc but it's all a blur to me now somehow, it wasn't even that long ago.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Zamasu was some fun poo poo, but it felt like a story arc that really could have benefited from a prior season of setup for the payoff

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Zamasu arc was actually really good in creating mystery and ratcheting up the tension.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

not really

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The pacing was pretty dire at parts of it, so that's probably why it's kind of a blur these days. If I remember right they end up running away from Zamasu in the future twice to go regroup.

I still like that arc a lot, but it really needed some editing.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I honestly liked Kale's normal(?) Super Saiyan form a lot better than the roided out Legendary Super Saiyan form.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's easily the best SSJ form from Universe 6

The muscle really helps her not feel like a twig that should get broken in half the moment she punches some one.

That's not directed at just Cauli, for the record, but also AND ESPECIALLY Cabba.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The latest episode of DBZ Kai on demand for me was the episode where Goku goes SSJ3, and while I know the form ends up being stupid, the build up to it was pretty cool. I hope Caulifla hits that form.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
It seems like they didn't have a good ending in mind, and rather than cut things short in an unsatisfying way they muddled through to make something happen. It obviously has to end with the God Button, they build to another ending entirely before going "lol nope", and there's also some parts where they're just vamping for time.

On the whole though, it's like a B or B+ maybe.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Burkion posted:

It's easily the best SSJ form from Universe 6

The muscle really helps her not feel like a twig that should get broken in half the moment she punches some one.

That's not directed at just Cauli, for the record, but also AND ESPECIALLY Cabba.

goten and trunks had more muscle in the buu saga than caulifla or cabba do now. it's weird how noodle-y they are

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Here's my summation of the Goku Black arc.

1) Go back in time after almost getting killed in the future.
2) Prepare for the battle in the future in the present.
3) Go back to the future and almost get killed.

Then you just go back to step one and repeat the cycle about 5 times.

Time machine more like Time OUT Machine.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

HitTheTargets posted:

It seems like they didn't a good ending in mind, and rather than cut things short in an unsatisfying way they muddled through to make something happen. It obviously has to end with the God Button, they build to another ending entirely before going "lol nope", and there's also some parts where they're just vamping for time.

On the whole though, it's like a B or B+ maybe.

Yeah that's kinda the worst part. Kinda feels like Toei had their own vision for Future Trunks as a character, but were also constrained by Toriyama's plot outline, and they just tried having it both ways. It's a shame but at least Trunks beating Zamasu with the combined power of humanity made for a cool scene.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Goku mentioning SSj3 to Cauli confirmed for me she's going to hit 3 for her 'final form' during the tourny, and will both A. Make it do something amazing for once and B. IMMEDIATELY eat poo poo the seconds after her one shining glory because it's goddamn SSj3, you idiot, you moron, you gullible loving twit, Goku set you up to fail

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Caulifla will just skip straight to the limit breaker form or whatever we're calling it nowadays and beat up Goku and Jiren at the same time

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Black August posted:

Goku mentioning SSj3 to Cauli confirmed for me she's going to hit 3 for her 'final form' during the tourny, and will both A. Make it do something amazing for once and B. IMMEDIATELY eat poo poo the seconds after her one shining glory because it's goddamn SSj3, you idiot, you moron, you gullible loving twit, Goku set you up to fail

Pretty much this.

Why the hell does Dragon Ball hate SSj3 so much??

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Can't believe Caulifla already mastered the Limit Break form

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Of course SSJ3 didn't work. The Buu Saga is the saga of transformations backfiring on people who rely on them too much.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Sometimes I wonder at the nightmare of a timeline where Goku never got any transformations and had to take on the whole mess in base form, learning to actually fight smart with his frickin' Sears catalogue of hosed up super techs

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Black August posted:

Sometimes I wonder at the nightmare of a timeline where Goku never got any transformations and had to take on the whole mess in base form, learning to actually fight smart with his frickin' Sears catalogue of hosed up super techs

Goku could have solved the Frieza problem with Evil Containment Wave like as soon as he popped out of that healing pod.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

deadly_pudding posted:

Goku could have solved the Frieza problem with Evil Containment Wave like as soon as he popped out of that healing pod.

Frieza would be neat in such a context, as a villain who does have transformations, and ones he can keep pushing and pushing to god knows what level

I am still in love with him being such a yan bitch that he copied Super Saiyan for himself

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Black August posted:

it would have helped his overall growth if dbs is anything to go by, the ssj transofmrations were a mistkae.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
SSJ was good, anything beyond that was a mistake until Blue

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

deadly_pudding posted:

Wouldn't he have died? Or is that only a thing if you do it like six times in a row or are an old gently caress who's been jerking off to aerobics videos for the last hundred years?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I feel like Cabba being small and thin is more excusable since that's basically his character. Meanwhile Caulifla is supposed to be this gang leader that's somewhat intimidating but just looks the same as him except taller.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tien and kami used the mafuba without dying in dragon ball iirc. in super, trunks and goku use it and are fine

Kashuno posted:

SSJ was good, anything beyond that was a mistake until Blue

ss2 is peak super saiyan even now imo. blue's ok but I was kinda underwhelmed by it under they added kaioken to it

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

tbp posted:

it would have helped his overall growth if dbs is anything to go by, the ssj transofmrations were a mistkae.

I like to apply video game logic to it for a kick

SSj is a multiplier or some idiot bullshit, so clearly Goku should be leveling his base form as high as it can go instead of constantly relying on transformations to give him just enough of an edge to overpower things, instead he clicks that crap on like a security blanket

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Justin_Brett posted:

I feel like Cabba being small and thin is more excusable since that's basically his character. Meanwhile Caulifla is supposed to be this gang leader that's somewhat intimidating but just looks the same as him except taller.

I think its more a stylistic choice to visually differentiate them from U7 saiyans, who are all about that bulk.

re: Zamasu arc, there were some great loving moments (every scene with Zamasu/BG interaction was gold) in it, but the pacing was terrible.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 2, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nessus posted:

Wouldn't he have died? Or is that only a thing if you do it like six times in a row or are an old gently caress who's been jerking off to aerobics videos for the last hundred years?

Originally it killed you, people figured out how to make it not.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Pretty sure it kills you but Goku and the others have like x50,000 the HP of ol' Roshi

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The U6 saiyans are in the transition stage between cell gohan size and buu gohan, which is why that other saiyan who was in the space police or whatever looked normal

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Remember when the Kaioken hosed the user up and then Goku went twenty times past the safety limit

Or how the Tri Beam uses up the user's life force and was basically a suicide beam

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Black August posted:

Pretty sure it kills you but Goku and the others have like x50,000 the HP of ol' Roshi

Roshi literally used the Containment Wave in the ToP.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It was, actually.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Raserys posted:

The U6 saiyans are in the transition stage between cell gohan size and buu gohan, which is why that other saiyan who was in the space police or whatever looked normal

That doesn't even make sense. Gohan was never a twig.

Even when he wasn't super roids ala the Cell Games, he was just kind of chunky kid sized.

They're like gangly teenagers

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Roshi literally used the Containment Wave in the ToP.

yes

and it nearly killed him

unlike everyone else who spams it

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Didn't roshi use the mafuba 4 times?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Burkion posted:

That doesn't even make sense. Gohan was never a twig.

Even when he wasn't super roids ala the Cell Games, he was just kind of chunky kid sized.

They're like gangly teenagers

they're stretching out, the rest has to catch up later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Black August posted:

yes

and it nearly killed him

unlike everyone else who spams it

I thought it was his Max Power Kamehameha that almost killed him, the Mabufa on NotNaruto didn't seem to bug him much.