Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Alan_Shore posted:

Lol why would anyone spoil DBS, the amazing punchy show. "I can't take the suspense! I must know who is punched before I see it!"

Cue reams of spoiler bars before people start just blatantly mentioning them

You only say that because Db/z were spoiled and over with before you were born. Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rudoku posted:

You only say that because Db/z were spoiled and over with before you were born. Probably.

Man, I remember massive GT spoilers before the Buu Saga was even half way done here in the States.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i remember renting dragonball GT final bout before i ever saw a single episode of DBZ

that had about as many spoilers as possible to cram into a single thing

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Alan_Shore posted:

Lol why would anyone spoil DBS, the amazing punchy show. "I can't take the suspense! I must know who is punched before I see it!"

thank you for your hot take on spoilers in TYOOL 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Alan_Shore posted:

:waycool:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Alan_Shore posted:

drat this guy's a badass

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

This is your one chance to watch Dragon Ball without knowing how everything happens! Don't throw it away!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Sorry, but we been spoiled the end for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8uw4Pv5_JY

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

drat this guy's a badass

Goddamn if watching a show without needing to know spoilers makes me a badass then I shall bare this burden

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

Sorry, but we been spoiled the end for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8uw4Pv5_JY

Looking at it now, Goku taking Uub to 'train', likely with Whis, is not okay.

I mean, iirc Goku said he will live in his town but uh, let's be real I can't see Goku living in a town ever.

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 4, 2017

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Kelp Plankton posted:

i remember renting dragonball GT final bout before i ever saw a single episode of DBZ

that had about as many spoilers as possible to cram into a single thing

This was the greatest era to grow up in. I remember watching the Frieza saga on Cartoon Network and being deep in the "5 minutes" fight. Then I'd log on to Temple O' Trunks or something and read all about what was coming next. Like Frieza was gonna be a robot? And some new guy was gonna beat him in a few seconds?

And downloading little grainy realplayer clips of the Japanese episodes. Like 10 minutes to download Trunks doing the Burning Attack, but it was worth it. When I found out about Buu my mind was blown - how could somebody be that strong?!?!? So strong Goku had to go Super Saiyan 3?!?!?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.templeotrunks.com

nearly 10 years since the last update but she's married to the kanzenshuu dude it seems?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Goku finally being able to move like Whis seems like a big deal, wonder if Vegeta will figure it out

wait, this will totally piss Beerus off since he can't do it either. Intrigue for the next arc!

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 4, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Finally, Goku's supernatural ability to copy martial arts techniques comes back after so loving long.

you have no idea how sad I was that he never copied Hit's time skip powers.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Still don't know how thats going to help him against a guy that can no-sell all his attacks

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

has goku copied an attack even once after the kamehameha? I can't think of any examples offhand. maybe the solar flare since that's not explicitly taught to him but everyone can do that one so either it's really simple or tien showed everyone how to do it at some point

for real tho when does he do this. enemies goku has fought and not copied a single thing from off the top of my head: tao pai pai, piccolo, raditz, nappa, vegeta, ginyu, freeza, cell, buu, beerus, hit, goku black/zamasu. whis, king kai, and roshi taught him all his moves

e: o and some nameless yardrats taught him instant transmission as well

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

nearly 10 years since the last update but she's married to the kanzenshuu dude it seems?

Her updating the site was a running gag on the podcast for years

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I just realized that Gohan and freakin' Freeza work better as a team than Gohan and his own dad.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Alan_Shore posted:

These are all taken from essentially a japanese TV guide so while they're a little spoiler-y they also leave plenty left unsaid.

That being said I also stopped posting them because we went from zero to untagged spoilers in 15-ish posts :v:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
That said, that Goku gets a new powerup of some kind has been plastered all over promotional materials since forever and a day.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Holy crap, nostalgia bomb. My DBZ site of choice was Pojo.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The fact that it's called Temple of Trunks is goddamn hilarious in light of his freshly and furiously blossomed mass deicide complex

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I remember posting on Planet Namek back in 2001 or so.

As for spoiling Dragon Ball Super, i dont mind since I spoiled DBZ for myself back in the day. I remember reading these manga summaries written by some guy whose name I cant remember, but they were really long text files just summarizing each chapter. Lots of eye strain.

Part of it was because Dragon Ball fans were such douchebags to newcomers. "Oh, you've only seen the dub on tv and, through absolutely no fault of your own, don't know who Trunks/Cell/Majin Boo is? Idiot newbie. Educate yourself"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Darko posted:

I just realized that Gohan and freakin' Freeza work better as a team than Gohan and his own dad.
Gohan works with antagonists well.

In fact you could maybe argue it was Gohan that reformed Piccolo and Vegeta.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Spiderdrake posted:

Gohan works with antagonists well.

In fact you could maybe argue it was Gohan that reformed Piccolo and Vegeta.

He wasn't very important for Vegeta, that was mostly Bulma and Future Trunks. He was 100% responsible for Piccolo though.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If not for Gohan's run in, Vegeta would have probably killed Goku and stomped off back to work for Freeza, with nothing to show for it but now being stronger than Cui.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Blaze Dragon posted:

He wasn't very important for Vegeta, that was mostly Bulma and Future Trunks. He was 100% responsible for Piccolo though.

Vegeta never truly went full blown reformed until he sacrificed himself to Buu. He hugged Trunks right beforehand and everything too.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I remember when I was a kid, renting a Dragon Ball fighting game that had GT era Goku, Trunks, and Pan in it, along with Final Form Frieza, Cell, and Super Buu all while the show was still in the middle of Namek on Toonami.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Black August posted:

Jiren gets hit by the ball,

And after a pause, is seen to be holding it, and then throws it back.

Late but didn't Kid Buu do this exact thing, it just didn't last because Goku was stronger...er.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

I remember when I was a kid, renting a Dragon Ball fighting game that had GT era Goku, Trunks, and Pan in it, along with Final Form Frieza, Cell, and Super Buu all while the show was still in the middle of Namek on Toonami.

Final Bout for the PS1.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah, I remember my cousin had that and I got to see Vegito (Vegetto) and Super Saiyan 4 Goku and got real excited for stuff that wouldn't be on tv for like five years.

Course the game is hilariously awful these days, but I will always love it for the small glimpse of future stuff it had.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blue Star posted:

I remember posting on Planet Namek back in 2001 or so.

Planet Namek gave me Dragon Ball AF, that allegedly had Super Saiyan Arbuckle Mode. The joke, and its awful MS paint depiction still tickles me pink to this day.

I miss Kaio's Korner.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Planet Namek gave me Dragon Ball AF, that allegedly had Super Saiyan Arbuckle Mode. The joke, and its awful MS paint depiction still tickles me pink to this day.

I miss Kaio's Korner.

this one?

or this one

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Neither. It was like a child with handless stumps tried to use ms paint and draw a goku.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Fun Fact: I was posting on the Planet Namek message boards when 9/11 happened.

That's my 9/11 story.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
One of my favourite points watching dragonball was how I reacted when a second Zamasu showed up in the future.

I don't think I would have reacted that way with spoilers.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

(yes, the artist screwed up the date)

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Summaries have been released up to 114, but I wouldn't read 112s, as it is the first to spoil something that I would have kind of liked to be surprised by. It's not huge, but just personal preference.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh my loving god Kale is the one who gets the most power.

maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Wait, so (new episode spoilers)

Goku fights Jiren and then... they just break it off and continue to do their own thing again?

Colour me disappointed.