Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

I dig and appreciate all of the housing pictures! I grabbed Stay-Moist manor bit haven't done anything particularly interesting with it. I'm waiting for Coldharbour Surreal Manor to come out before I go crazy all in on housing. I want my own personal demiplane, dammit!

Malthuras posted:

How is the warden playing? I quit right before morrowind came out, but was really considering trying it out. I had a sorc before, so just curious.

I love my Warden, and feel that regardless of build they have mad sustain... but I've never seriously played anything other than a Warden and heard some pubbie complaining in zonechat that they were seriously under-powered. My guess would be more solo-friendly but less perfect in an idealized group than say, stamsorc. I usually don't feel like a liability in groups, mind you, and I suck at this game.

Also, more importantly: they have bears. And no matter how much I suck at this game, my bear doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Malthuras posted:

How is the warden playing? I quit right before morrowind came out, but was really considering trying it out. I had a sorc before, so just curious.

Warden is the worst class in the game, right behind whatever everyone's personal favorite class is. That one is the worst, especially when paired with whatever race they decided to go with.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

But for real, warden is pretty neat. Good tank/side healer.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

dragon knight is still the coolest

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Just chiming in to say that I got an invite to the guild and they are indeed chill. This game is fun but it's best played with goons

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
hey, I just bought the game. account name cthulhu22, i play an argonian named Thunder-Bringer

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Do any goons do vDSA? How long does it take and is it ball-bustingly difficult? Reading around, the consensus ranges from "not bad with a decent group" to "5 hour slog until everyone memorizes all the mechanics." However, pugging in this game had taught me a solid 50%-75% of players are pretty terrible.

I'd like to get the 2h from there since I'm having a surprising amount of fun with the alcast stamsorc build, but I don't want it bad enough to spend entire weekends farming a lovely group version of vMA. Are the weapons just as rare and difficult to come by?

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away

JackBadass posted:

But for real, warden is pretty neat. Good tank/side healer.

So it can do a bit of everything? Nice

I had a magsorc before, didn't quite level all the way but was having fun and good god can that class grind well.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

Hakarne posted:

Do any goons do vDSA? How long does it take and is it ball-bustingly difficult? Reading around, the consensus ranges from "not bad with a decent group" to "5 hour slog until everyone memorizes all the mechanics." However, pugging in this game had taught me a solid 50%-75% of players are pretty terrible.

I'd like to get the 2h from there since I'm having a surprising amount of fun with the alcast stamsorc build, but I don't want it bad enough to spend entire weekends farming a lovely group version of vMA. Are the weapons just as rare and difficult to come by?

It requires 2 good dps, an healer that can also do ok damage and heal at the same time, also who can tank the last boss, and a tank that can 100 percent self sustain with zero heals while tanking 2 to 4 elites and taking unpurgeable fire damage for an extended period.

And thats just the last arena.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
P2Wardens are amazing; you get to throw chickens, run around with neverending Heals, and can even option in the Bear when you want fun but hate having useful ultimates.

Anybody who doesn't like them clearly has no Chill and/or $40.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

DoriDori240 posted:

It requires 2 good dps, an healer that can also do ok damage and heal at the same time, also who can tank the last boss, and a tank that can 100 percent self sustain with zero heals while tanking 2 to 4 elites and taking unpurgeable fire damage for an extended period.

And thats just the last arena.

The last time I did it on vet, it took me over 5 hours.

2 of those were just on the last boss.

Eventually, the 2 dps and the healer managed to kill Hiath while I, every pull, tanked all the super elites.

gently caress Hiath forever.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Aramek posted:

The last time I did it on vet, it took me over 5 hours.

2 of those were just on the last boss.

Eventually, the 2 dps and the healer managed to kill Hiath while I, every pull, tanked all the super elites.

gently caress Hiath forever.

This sounds awful. I attempted normal dragonstar arena solo, got through like 3-4 before I couldn't keep myself alive anymore. It would be nice to actually do vDSA though since I've never made it through at all.

On that note, I still need to get a loving bow from vMA, it's the bane of my existance, I've gotten a bunch of 2-handers and something else that I broke down in a fit of rage.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
Anyone looking to do vDSA should hit me up in game (@thefloobyest) because I always want to do it but most groups are hot garbage and that's being generous. Yes, it can be a slog, but if you're smart you can get through it relatively painlessly.

Except Hiath. gently caress Hiath.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Farmed over 200k tel var today thanks to unemployment. Got my last 2 Xivkyn polymorphs out of it too.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Except Hiath. gently caress Hiath.

Hiath burns forever in my trophy throneroom.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Scyantific posted:

Farmed over 200k tel var today thanks to unemployment. Got my last 2 Xivkyn polymorphs out of it too.

So I guess there's no chance now of you hooking me up with a huge stack of bootleg marriage certificates?

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

If anyone is on the fence about this game, Amazon has it for $16 right now. https://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Online-Morrowind-PC-Standard/dp/B01N39FFYS

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

To any ZOS devs who read this thread:

Let us queue up for individual BG modes. I am sick and tired of being forced into nothing but Capture the Relic matches for like every 3 out of 4 queues. Will this lead to everyone queueing up for Deathmatch? Sure, but that just means that people don't want to play the other terrible modes.

Issues:
  • Domination is nothing but "who can PvE the fastest."
  • Capture the Relic is ruined by one team deciding to single out another team and make them miserable at the cost of losing the match
  • Chaosball is simply a race to find a good hiding spot for your tank to hunker down while everyone else spams heals on them.
  • Deathmatch has the fewest amount of issues simply because it's a free-for-all. The main issue is teams deciding to camp another team's spawn, which sort of resolves itself eventually.

How to fix BGs:
  • Domination: Make it so that if a flag is contested, it will not capture based on numbers. Reduce the speed at which flags capture.
  • Capture the Relic: Either scrap this mode entirely, or rework it into Single-Flag CTF. Three team CTF does NOT work with each team having their own flag, it's way too drat easy for one team to ruin the game by forfeiting their winning chances to camp another team and make their lives miserable. Three teams, one flag, that's how it should work.
  • Chaosball: Increase the severity of the healing debuff to prevent supertanks from stale-mating the match, or give the carrier an inevitable death after a long enough time
  • Deathmatch: Add a damage debuff around each team's spawn to prevent spawn camping.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 5, 2017

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I just stay away from Battlegrounds. It always looked like a terrible idea.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
They would work better if the rudimentary stuff (Solo/Group queue, Matchmaking, etc) was added.

The main issue(s) are what Scy pointed out though. Most of the match types aren't designed for three teams and so are grossly imbalanced. The fact you can accidentally end a CTR or Dom match in <2 minutes speaks volumes about the objectives. At the very least those modes should have victory conditions that fit into the 15-minute time limit and account for the fact the 1 team not stuck fighting will have free reign to pve objectives. Deathmatch is a good example, you need 35 killing blows to win and the objective directly promotes players fighting each other, so even with a strong team that takes awhile because all 3 teams are actively participating. If Deathmatch only went to 13 kills it would be in the exact position CTR/Dom are in now.

The more ambitious but least likely scenario is ZOS add some actual progression. 1 Week leaderboards and RNG Mails off a pitiful item pool are pretty weak incentives. There needs to be more if ZOS wants BGs to flourish. Anything from a new pvp currency, vendors, player customizable teams, loving anything to make going into BGs meaningful.

Half the reason matches suck now is a lot of teams are just trolling for kills, because there's literally no reason to play the objectives once you're already on the leaderboard for the week.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BG CHRONICLES PART II

Context: lovely nightblade gets mad when he tries to ambush me and gets dunked on. Spends about 5 minutes talking poo poo in his spawn while his team is getting dumpstered. Same guy also gets me down within execute range and cannot manage to finish me off before I regain enough resources to break off and reset the fight and come back on his rear end.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

I'm with you on the BG issues/wishes. I really wanna like battlegrounds, but they just don't work right now. It's not a matter of winning or losing, it's a matter of making them fun.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
I'll be curious to see how Crazy King turns out but also LOL they're gonna be CP-enabled then so boy oh boy the shittiness of CTR/Chaosball is only gonna go up.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BG CHRONICLES PART III:

Dude was referring to this little run here in a previous BG

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Anyone interested in an updated ezpz no grind magsorc build that will carry you through VMA while you do your laundry?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Sure. I've been running my magsorc threw skyreach this week and would love to do something more constructive with it.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Yes please! Gonna roll a lizard magSorc soon, I keep hearing how awesome they are. Just have to think up a name, assuming the most obvious choice ("Rides-the-Lightning") is already taken.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I mean BG's in MMORPG's generally have plenty of problems, are the BG's in this game at least fun?

I think the most fun I have had in a BG was Hutt ball in SWTOR.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

SWTORs pvp was really fun and when I played the game I basically lived in the pvp queue so if ESO could just copy and paste all of that that'd be swell because battlegrounds as is are p much the opposite of fun

i've said it multiple times but dumping the whole 3 team thing for 2 teams that are 6v6 or 8v8 would go a long way improving things, the whole 4v4v4 thing just doesnt work

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

BadLlama posted:

I mean BG's in MMORPG's generally have plenty of problems, are the BG's in this game at least fun?

I think the most fun I have had in a BG was Hutt ball in SWTOR.

No they really aren't very fun.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

frgildan posted:

Sure. I've been running my magsorc threw skyreach this week and would love to do something more constructive with it.

Yes please!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

count_von_count posted:

Yes please! Gonna roll a lizard magSorc soon, I keep hearing how awesome they are. Just have to think up a name, assuming the most obvious choice ("Rides-the-Lightning") is already taken.

Mine is Shocks-And-Awes.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I would like an invite please @LumberingTroll

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

count_von_count posted:

I did Honks-When-Horny

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Yep, this was definitely worth 25,000 gold.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Humble bundle's got a thing going where you get ESO, 750 crowns, 15 days of ESO membership and a pet. Plus Quake Champions, AND their knockoff gwent game for 12 bucks.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

Y'know, if you're still on the fence. Either way, get ready to download like 110 gigs if you're going to commit to ESO, you are not gonna play that poo poo today.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 7, 2017

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

So I decided to play this again after taking 6 months or so off. I tried to install the Mac version because I'm lazy and don't feel like rebooting into Windows every time I want to play. But I can't get it to work. The default install location doesn't have enough space, so I chose one that does, except the launcher still insists I only have like 30 GB free, which is definitely not true. I can't figure out if I'm missing something extremely obvious or what. I ended up just installing the pc version again, but it's kind of annoying.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Fargin Icehole posted:

Humble bundle's got a thing going where you get ESO, 750 crowns, 15 days of ESO membership and a pet. Plus Quake Champions, AND their knockoff gwent game for 12 bucks.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

Y'know, if you're still on the fence. Either way, get ready to download like 110 gigs if you're going to commit to ESO, you are not gonna play that poo poo today.

Yo as someone who just putzes around doing PvE poo poo really badly, to anyone on the fence, this game has a fair amount to offer.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

food court bailiff posted:

Yo as someone who just putzes around doing PvE poo poo really badly, to anyone on the fence, this game has a fair amount to offer.

And as an added bonus, if you don't own any DLC, you never have to worry about the randomizer throwing you lovely DLC dungeons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

JackBadass posted:

And as an added bonus, if you don't own any DLC, you never have to worry about the randomizer throwing you lovely DLC dungeons!

I wouldn't say the DLC dungeons are lovely, but a few of them (ICP, COS and BF) are a bit tougher and require people to not be retarded, typically only do them with goons and not pugs.