Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

In a Melisandre chapter she notes that her bed hasn't seen much use since Stannis left Castle Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Stannis used to bang Selyse, probably every month, but he did it out of a sense of duty and not because he was attracted to her, this is explicitly stated in the books though I can't find the quote.

He was obviously attracted to Mel though.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

I assumed that he was performing conjugal duties with Selyse and nothing more, because she is canonically very unattractive. It was obviously a political marriage.

I was very surprised to see Melisandre thinking that she hasn't had sex with Stannis for a while, because I just couldn't see him doing that. Stannis has a stick up his rear end the size of the Great Pyramid in Mereen.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Mad Hamish posted:

I assumed that he was performing conjugal duties with Selyse and nothing more, because she is canonically very unattractive. It was obviously a political marriage.

I was very surprised to see Melisandre thinking that she hasn't had sex with Stannis for a while, because I just couldn't see him doing that. Stannis has a stick up his rear end the size of the Great Pyramid in Mereen.

Yeah but have you peeped them titties?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

TK-42-1 posted:

Yeah but have you peeped them titties?

On Melisandre or on Selyse?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Weren't the numerous miscarriages a thing in the books too? Even if they didn't go so far as to have a creepy rear end pickled sons room.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

counterfeitsaint posted:

Weren't the numerous miscarriages a thing in the books too? Even if they didn't go so far as to have a creepy rear end pickled sons room.

Yes, she had several still born pregnancies.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Benjen taking the black was probably some kind of grand scheme to help protect the secret of Jon's parentage in some roundabout way.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Benjen took the black because he figured there would be hella dude on dude gangbangs at the wall.

He wasn't wrong.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Can you blame him? Benjen took one look at Westeros and gave it a big "no thank you" -- nothing but watered down beer, cheap flea bottom floozies and chasing around emaciated wildlings for the rest of his days! A fella can do worse.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

bloom posted:

Benjen took the black because he figured there would be hella dude on dude gangbangs at the wall.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
They wish they got flea bottom floozies but they're stuck with mole's town, which is like, a dozen buildings or something. I'm sure the prostitutes are the only unmarried folks there and they aren't getting any younger.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

They wish they got flea bottom floozies but they're stuck with mole's town, which is like, a dozen buildings or something. I'm sure the prostitutes are the only unmarried folks there and they aren't getting any younger.

Yeah, but lets face it, there will be offspring of an earlier generation. Very gurm indeed.

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008
I just wanted to chime in and say goddamn the world of ice and fire is great

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Like, the book?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

what the gently caress is a book

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008

Kuiperdolin posted:

Like, the book?

Yea the book is great

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Collateral posted:

Yeah, but lets face it, there will be offspring of an earlier generation. Very gurm indeed.

look it just doesn't strike me as a growth community

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

His Purple Majesty posted:

Yea the book is great

It really is just the best. Deserves it's own thread, by gum. Maybe you should start one.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

PupsOfWar posted:

shouldn't be surprising that two ugly, generally unpleasant people do not have a rockin' sex life

Well, you would know!!

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
that's exactly wrong, ugly ppl try harder

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

[quote="“TXT BOOTY7 2 47474”" post="“477094560”"]
that’s exactly wrong, ugly ppl try harder
[/quote]

trust me he'd know.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Syncopated posted:

Well, you would know!!

look all I'm saying is after a certain point you should just shave the rest off

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Benjen Daario took the black so he could go seduce the dragon queen.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

counterfeitsaint posted:

Benjen Daario took the black so he could go seduce the dragon queen.
Euron is Daario Benjen.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

look it just doesn't strike me as a growth community

The population practically doubled until someone broke it to the mayor that the new refugees were actually moles.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

anyone young and virile will leave molestown for the raging party city that is winterfell

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

anyone young and virile will leave molestown for the raging party city that is winterfell

I'm operating on like no sleep right now and my brain parsed it out as molest-own.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

ruddiger posted:

I'm operating on like no sleep right now and my brain parsed it out as molest-own.

Who knows? Knowing the content of these books, that might be the intended reading.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

ruddiger posted:

molest-own.
Seems about right once we look at the generational thing.

NihilCredo posted:

It's still stupid to only have one or two sons when you can afford more (hell, royal families and pseudo-royals like the Kennedys still like to have spare heirs to this day), but not quite as absurd as it would have been in the real Middle Ages.

Limiting children is a luxury of birth control. Aside from a pretty sketchy Tansy Tea, do they even have birth control?

counterfeitsaint posted:

I don't recall any other brothers getting to ride to their ancestral homes for feasts and royal visits.

He could have been out recruiting, or some other official business. But most likely it was just a plot device and completely overlooked, never to be spoken of again - much like Tyrion doing backflips and poo poo.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I just took it as an example of some Night's Watch brothers being more equal than others.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I think you'll find that now that the Wall's gone, it doesn't matter why anyone took the black anymore :colbert:

Am I right?

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

kcroy posted:

He could have been out recruiting, or some other official business. But most likely it was just a plot device and completely overlooked, never to be spoken of again - much like Tyrion doing backflips and poo poo.

I think he was down there as a representative of the watch because the King was there. Which makes sense.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

kcroy posted:

Limiting children is a luxury of birth control. Aside from a pretty sketchy Tansy Tea, do they even have birth control?

Several women characters mention drinking 'moon tea' to prevent pregnancies.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

kcroy posted:

If nothing else they have pulling out

also the ice wall demonstrates they're familiar with barrier type prophylactics

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

His Purple Majesty posted:

I just wanted to chime in and say goddamn the world of ice and fire is great

Look at this noob giving E+L money.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Listening to AFFC (fourth readthrough gosh, I'm a weirdo) and goddamn does Arianne suck.

The chapters being twice as long and half as exciting really grinds the pace of AFFC down to a crawl. The gurm is a mad man.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm just you can't wait to get back to the thrilling whirlwind of adventure that is all the other AFFC chapters.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

SaviourX posted:

Look at this noob giving E+L money.

Geez it's 2017, people can pirate things, don't assume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm just you can't wait to get back to the thrilling whirlwind of adventure that is all the other AFFC chapters.

Oh I meant, every chapter is twice as long and half as eventful, but Arianne's chapters are seriously the worst.