Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

drat that was cool. super saiyan god/blue never felt like they had the same kind of weight that the previous super saiyan transformations did (even 3 was badass the first time it happened and you didn't realize it was useless yet), but this one delivered in full

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Funny how far "Let your body move you not the other way around" can get you. Parts of it felt really Kenshiroesque too.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it's been since i've had full body tingles

those episodes, holy moly

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Oh my god, Frieza is going to get his revenge for the whole healing him thing?! HAHAH!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Freeza playing nice with the team so he might get the MVP shout is super good.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Vegeta didn't believe in the spirit bomb and made sure it failed. Even Frieza contributed.

Super instinct or whatever Limit Breaker actually is called seems to be the actual Super Saiyan like transformation of the gods. Blue is just appropriating rudimentary god ki into a species trait and boosting power in a limited fashion. grey eyes, however; seems to be utilizing God Ki in ways most of the literal GoDs can't pull off. Hell, if Goku can actually utilize it without popping into a Spirit Bomb singularity, he might even be able to generate his own God Ki.

Also gently caress Jiren up to this point, he is the avatar and hero of limited animation. "OH HE JUST HAS SO MUCH WILLPOWER HE CAN LOOK AT A BEAM AND MAKE GOKU STRUGGLE. SO STRONG".

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Oct 8, 2017

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I get the feeling Pennywise there made Jiren in anticipation of this whole tournament thing. Maybe we've been overlooking the Neo Cell all this time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

jiren pretty clearly existed before the tournament came up

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Manatee Cannon posted:

jiren pretty clearly existed before the tournament came up
All that means is Pennywise the Clown knew some poo poo was coming. He seems to have a more creator perspective on Jiren than a 'teacher' perspective.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I could legit see Belmod having created Jiren either as his ultimate replacement so he can retire without any concerns, or even sort of his universal protection switch, embodying his concept of justice through protecting the innocent, using fightmans.

I wanted to say "maybe he used the Super Dragon Balls at one point to wish for a loyal fighter who would never lose" or something, but I'm pretty sure there's plenty of evidence against that.

Honestly though, having posted that, it feels really fanfic-y and stupid. So probably not.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

When has something being really fanfic-y been a point against something being likely in Super?

e:

Hmm

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 8, 2017

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
drat, this episode set was so good.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Goddamn this was like the best introduction for a new form since I don't even know when.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Super Instinct attack are loving sick as hell, I loved how he was straight up bruce leeing his way from attack to dodge in cool fluid motions. Absolutely not regular goku moves.

But here's currently the best part of Super Instinct. It isn't Super Saiyan, thus, it isn't something only Saiyans can do. Other characters of other races could get in on this, like the obvious Vegeta or Frieza, but maybe others in their own way. It doesn't seem to be like Kaioken where you'd likely die if you weren't goku.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

So could theoretically non saiyans attain this? Since this didn't seen to be a super saiyan form.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

havenwaters posted:

You know at the end of 110 Frieza's talking about how this reminds him so much of Namek.

He's going to give Goku his energy like Goku gave energy back to him after he was cut in half on Namek.

Since he took that God energy from those assassin's earlier, that's a pretty neat loving foreshadowing to this event. You're being led into believing he's gonna kill Goku with it and then instead he gives him some God energy so he can use that form of his. There's no point for Freeza in poking his head out as he was promised the wish if he survives the tournament, so he has every interest in keeping the other players going.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

C-SPAN Caller posted:

So could theoretically non saiyans attain this? Since this didn't seen to be a super saiyan form.

The way the Gods talked about it, it isn't something that is limited to anyone. However, it isn't something that is easily learned or achieved even by Gods of Destruction, which is why Whis was loving over the moon watching Goku pull it off and Beerus was absolutely loving furious that it happened. They also didn't think a mortal could do it, but Goku.

So this is possibly the key for characters that aren't saiyan to be relevant again. Unlikely, but the limit of super saiyan has just been broken.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 8, 2017

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Jiren was taking damage from the hits from goku.

And from the preview Hit is at least going to get some blows through the guard.

U11 wanted to intimidate everyone with their invincible warrior, Goku made him figuratively bleed.

Instict Frieza When!?!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I can't wait for some game or something to make instinct Yamcha.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Justin_Brett posted:

Jiren and Goku were obviously the main draw but I like that Brianne apparently decided the instant she heard about them that she was gonna wish her way into godhood on the Super Dragon Balls, and also apparently discussed it with one of Universe's actual gods, who went "Yeah that sounds cool!"

A type of god entirely out of line with the format of the celestial bureaucracy too, Egypt-GoD is really high on love

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Also that was the quintessential modern Vegeta moment when he talked to Goku after he lost that temporary power.

"Kakarot, what the gently caress was that back there?!"

"Dude, I dunno lol."

"...I'm gonna go punch some people now."

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Vegeta did actually contribute to the Spirit Bomb, by taking out Ribrianne before she could snipe Goku, even if he didn't contribute any energy to the process.

Did Vegeta send any energy to the big Spirit Bombs of the past?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rand Brittain posted:

Vegeta did actually contribute to the Spirit Bomb, by taking out Ribrianne before she could snipe Goku, even if he didn't contribute any energy to the process.

Did Vegeta send any energy to the big Spirit Bombs of the past?

I don't think so, no. Every time he's either been the target of the spirit bomb, dead, or keeping the bad guys off Goku while he charges it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I can't believe Goku is good

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Agree with everyone that these episodes were very good. In particular I really liked the new music introduced (the serious orchestral Limit Break Survivor was new, right?). I can't wait for it to be way overused in future episodes!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Black August posted:

Goku moves ever closer to his primal form of Son Wukong

Also yeah he's now stronger than a Destroyer in that state, Goku is a threat to the angels, and has a wicked color palette while doing it

Freiza in that state is gonna be loving wild

I love that we can all agree Freeza is definitely going to achieve this form.

After all, if a monkey could do it...

Freeza goes to train for five months.

Something IS up with Freeza. Dude does not give a poo poo about Jiren, and wasn't even worried when he saw Goku's new power. Could his mastering of Destruction Energy have done something to him?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Decided to just go to bed last night and watch the episodes when I woke up; h o l y s h i t.

Jiren is a loving monster.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I don't think Freeza's situation is that complicated.

He is in this for all of the marbles. He might play around with the idea that he's going to start making own goals on filthy monkeys, but he's not actually going to do it until it can't cost him anything, because he wants those Super Dragon Balls so he can be god or have all the Hostess Fruit Pies or whatever he actually wants.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Freeza is evil but he ain't stupid, betraying anyone at this point will just get him erased.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Frieza's deliberately hanging back to let everyone else burn themselves out and soften up Jiren, he's definitely going to make a big play at the end of the arc to get that MVP placement and get the Super Dragonball wish

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like how the new form is less of a "legendary power-up" and more of a martial arts thing. Goku just pushed himself so far that his head took a time-out while his body became a death machine fighting on pure instinct with the spirit bomb acting as a reserve battery.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's a very cool way to do a new transformation and much more interesting way of conveying power than just no-selling the opponent

Pretty hosed up though that even in his extremely hype new form which had like a one minute use time Goku still barely held the advantage against Jiren

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I really liked how they showed Jiren's strength too. Dude is strong, unlike anything seen in DB before these two episodes. Given how confident Belmod and the U11 Kai were in Jiren's power, it wouldn't surprise me if the Kai created Jiren's shell and Belmod powered him up. Wasn't U11 near the top of the competing universes? It would make sense that the higher the mortal level, the more in tune the Supreme Kai and GoD are.

Jiren definitely mastered some form of Ultra Instinct too, just by how he used his energy in 109 and resisted Goku all through 110. Also, he seems to have the same desire for fighting since he let Goku finish the Spirit Bomb, but doesn't let it define his life.

Underrated moment: when Goku and Ribrianne were discussing what to wish for, Goku put Chi-Chi, Gohan, and Goten before himself. That was a sweet little moment

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Frieza is going for the MVP award because he's obviously doesn't believe that U7 will let him have the wish that they'd win.

But the MVP award is beyond their choice and if he wins that, there's nothing they can do about that, so being a good boy who contributes to Spirit Bombs and recharges Goku when he's toast is going to be many + points in the valuable player category.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The coolest thing was right after Goku unlocked his Ultra Instinct bullshit, he kicked and all of a sudden he was already on top of Jiren, it looked like even himself didn't get what the gently caress was happening.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So according to Dokkan Battle and the ad for the figurine of it, this is called Ultra Instinct "Omen"

Meaning it's probably not even the full thing

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

Jiren definitely mastered some form of Ultra Instinct too, just by how he used his energy in 109 and resisted Goku all through 110. Also, he seems to have the same desire for fighting since he let Goku finish the Spirit Bomb, but doesn't let it define his life.

I dunno, this is just me throwing random ideas at the wall, but Jiren's deal feels like more of an equal and opposite thing, what with all the talk of willpower in contrast to Goku's unconscious movement. Basically Jiren just thinks about someone getting punched and they're immediately punched, and Goku counters by not thinking about movement at all anymore.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
In addition to the Ultra Instinct figure, they advertised this

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

In addition to the Ultra Instinct figure, they advertised this

That is clearly Thin Jiren, his ultimate form. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace