Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Coq au Nandos posted:

gently caress Ultraman, watch Ex-Aid.

Counterpoint: It takes dorky Ultra characters less than 13 episodes to stop tripping over their feet "comically"

Alter Counterpoint: Replace the existing One Piece anime with the cast just reading the manga on camera in-character, I'm pretty sure the pacing would improve 75%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX8Hy77ne6o

This time it's a flying wheel, Idunno

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsVNL4XxDoo

Island of Illusion! This one...went places. :stare:

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
In some non Sentai/Rider/Ultra news, it seems that GARO's new anime series will be simulcast after all.

Subs will be on Crunchyroll - http://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/916083363328483328

and a Simuldub will be courtesy of Funimation - (no twitter link atm, so you'll need to scroll down a bit here instead sorry) - http://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/09/01/coming-funimationnow-fall-2017/

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope it's good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are the Garo anime related to each other or the live action shows?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Are the Garo anime related to each other or the live action shows?

Nope.

Thank Christ.

Well, I guess this new one COULD be. It's set in the future, while the other two are set in the past, though two different eras of history and across the planet from one another. Both of the first two are incompatible with the other though, and Crimson Moon might be the single worst Garo media ever produced.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/KRargumentbot/status/916090735732109312

Cursed tweet.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Should I be thankful that I can't parse that

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yes

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFn9OQkiZnw

Last one for tonight. I have a problem.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We have the quotes for God Maximum Mighty X and they might be the best we've ever gotten.

The greatest godly intellect! KUROTO DAN! KUROTO DAN! God Mighty X!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blaze Dragon posted:

We have the quotes for God Maximum Mighty X and they might be the best we've ever gotten.

The greatest godly intellect! KUROTO DAN! KUROTO DAN! God Mighty X!

He really is the gift that keeps on giving :allears:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's also level One Billion.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Is Vanishing Line another "subscribers get to watch on Friday, others week after, gently caress you non-Americans" deal like most Funi licenses tend to be?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE4YSQi1oVk

Another one! I was expecting more out of an episode featuring a monster called the Samurai Fan Man, but this one was kinda by-the-numbers.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's also level One Billion.
Dan Kuroto DEUS is the hero we need.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjFbBithYmc
Today on Power Rangers, Rita takes a day off due to exhaustion which is kind of the best. Also the best? Timmy P's Real Brand Mayonnaise.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CUaml_MZmQ

Saban has to make that footage count, so Rita's hatched a plot to sap the Green Ranger's powers. Will his friends be able to stop it in time? No

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

So, folks, I've been out of the loop a bit, but Build dragged me right back into Rider.

I missed Ex-Aid almost entirely, to the point where I have no idea if it was good or not. Are there any opinions on that? I've seen one or MAYBE two episodes, for reference.

EDIT: Awesome, that's a pretty helpful point both of you. Gonna put it on the list then, I don't want to miss out just because the goofy start didn't hook me.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 7, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I really liked Ex-aid in the end, but it takes a bit to get going. Though I'd probably be more charitable to the early episodes now that I know it succeeds at developing and endearing you to those goofy and/or rear end in a top hat doctors.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Ex-Aid starts okay, and gets amazing after the first ~10 episodes pretty much all the way until the end.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

People couldn't stop talking about it last thread, so I assume it's good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Here's the bad thing about Ex-Aid: It takes about 3-4 hours (start of episode 12) before it turns from "okay Rider series" to "really loving good rider series". It's excellent from that point onward, but "no, it gets good, I promise" is like the most basic-bitch of promises.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Here's the bad thing about Ex-Aid: It takes about 3-4 hours (start of episode 12) before it turns from "okay Rider series" to "really loving good rider series". It's excellent from that point onward, but "no, it gets good, I promise" is like the most basic-bitch of promises.

Yeah, I initially dropped it since it seemed to lean a bit heavy on a MotW storyline before actually getting deep into the plot and getting good.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
so years late, I'm getting into Akibaranger.
Like I tried a year or two back, didn't like the whole Delusion, otaku jokes, overt sexiness as humor thing, but now I'm giving it more of a chance... episode five gave me feelings I did not sign up for, and reality is falling apart now in episode seven.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

On an American note, I decided to watch a bit of Zeo and it takes two full episodes to get to a fight against the fodder enemies. Is the pacing hosed throughout, or just in the beginning?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

man people keep acting like Ex-aid starts bad when the start is perfectly good.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syr5QRn0Y6E

Continuing my march through the first season of MMPR with an episode where Jason beats up a giant monster's heart.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Are you making a YouTube playlist? I kinda wanna put this in the OP.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Elfgames posted:

man people keep acting like Ex-aid starts bad when the start is perfectly good.
First five episodes are alright.

Lizard Wizard posted:

On an American note, I decided to watch a bit of Zeo and it takes two full episodes to get to a fight against the fodder enemies. Is the pacing hosed throughout, or just in the beginning?

They wanted to drag it out with shock teasing and so on since it was the first time such a major shakeup had happened. Episodes 3-14 are pretty normal. 15-21 are a goddamn disaster. 9 is hilariously weird for being Power Rangers first experience trying to translate a blatantly humor-based episode of Sentai and keeping their grim faces and determined yelling over footage of rangers riding horses and the megazord attacking a model train. It didn't strike me as too weird at the time, but now it's like an omen to the world that Turbo is coming.

EDIT: 13 is the one with the most "dial-up modem" internet tutorial and Hollywood hacking. 9 is the weirdly funny "trying hard to remain serious" one.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 8, 2017

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

Are you making a YouTube playlist? I kinda wanna put this in the OP.

I have been, and I'd be honored! Just stick in a disclaimer in or something that the source quality is inconsistent as hell until episode 12, and maybe a link to skip to that one. I might redo the earlier ones (and fill in a few gaps) once I reach the end of season 1.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 8, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

I have been, and I'd be honored! Just stick in a disclaimer in or something that the source quality is inconsistent as hell until episode 12, and maybe a link to skip to that one. I might redo the earlier ones (and fill in a few gaps) once I reach the end of season 1.
Done and done. You're in the last reserved post, now titled Other Toku-Related poo poo.

Edit: Have you been posting about it in the dedicated Power Rangers/Super Sentai thread? If you haven't, you really should.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

First five episodes are alright.

they're as good as just about any part of W

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Elfgames posted:

they're as good as just about any part of W

w had some real bad parts

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Build is still keeping up a good pace, but I hope it doesn't run out of steam. It's probably at least a safe bet to say that Faust probably won't be the main antagonists for the entire series, similar to how Kuroto gave way to Masamune.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

Edit: Have you been posting about it in the dedicated Power Rangers/Super Sentai thread? If you haven't, you really should.

I definitely will now that I know there is such a thing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did I miss the scene that established that Misora is braiding Banjou's hair while he's asleep?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

Did I miss the scene that established that Misora is braiding Banjou's hair while he's asleep?

Wouldn't you? He's such a soft boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
Huh, if my theory that Sento is actually a bodyswapped Katsuragi is true, you could view the tuft of hair sticking up as a bit of subtle foreshadowing. Just this episode I realized it's curved a bit like a devil's horn.

Though that might be a bit of a reach.