Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Stolen from the Schadenfreude Thread

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

SoundMonkey posted:

are you canning meat-containing pasta sauces or sterilizing substrate for gourmet mushrooms?

Nah, just lower acid stuff like corn and applesauce that grandma totally used to open bath can but the USDA seems to really not want you to do it that way anymore so I started pressure canning it.

Also, had no idea about the AL pressure cookers (mine are.....one is avocado and one is harvest gold so you can figure out how old they are.....I wouldn't mind replacing them because of a stove swap)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Well at least you wont need to install the tip prevention strap that way.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

What? That's a great place for a recept...

:stare:

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

I feel like there was some spousal bickering involved with this.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That chest of drawers looks supremely cheap.

Should’ve just cut off the overhang.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Oh, motherfucker.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Unless they're a decent woodworker, sawing the side of the dresser off is going to be at least as fugly as that, and at least the drywall can probably be patched later.

The sane person response is "oh, that won't fit there", though.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

loving ISIS terrorists, definitely can't trust them to do competent furniture measurement / installation. :haw:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Javid posted:

Unless they're a decent woodworker, sawing the side of the dresser off is going to be at least as fugly as that, and at least the drywall can probably be patched later.

It's not that hard to cut a straight line with a circular saw. Even if you didn't round off the cut and re-stain/re-finish the wood, it'd still look better than ripping the drywall out does.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

It's not that hard to cut a straight line with a circular saw. Even if you didn't round off the cut and re-stain/re-finish the wood, it'd still look better than ripping the drywall out does.

Yeah, but which is more likely with the kind of people that think cutting a slot in wall is an acceptable solution.

1 - They have a 7.25" 60 tooth fine finishing blade, use a clamped rail as a guide, and cut so there's an 1/8" tolerance to hide the amputated side of the top.

- or -

2 - They use the 24 tooth blade that came with the saw and just eyeball that sucker.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Just patch the drywall and call it built-in.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, but which is more likely with the kind of people that think cutting a slot in wall is an acceptable solution.

1 - They have a 7.25" 60 tooth fine finishing blade, use a clamped rail as a guide, and cut so there's an 1/8" tolerance to hide the amputated side of the top.

- or -

2 - They use the 24 tooth blade that came with the saw and just eyeball that sucker.

When you say 'saw' do you mean 'breadknife'?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Proteus Jones posted:

- or -

Before you even get to that decision, I think it's a pretty big assumption that that top is actual wood you can restain and not cheap particle board covered in veneer that will look like dogshit no matter how nicely you cut it.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

The cut would be against the wall, who cares.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Jaded Burnout posted:

The cut would be against the wall, who cares.

Have you cut veneer? The top side is going to look like poo poo.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

I have not.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I have cut veneer and the result was a lot better than a loving HOLE IN THE loving WALL.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Having a circular saw is a big if, though. That's actually what bugs me about this design show my roommates watch. The hosts come in and redo one room on the cheap, always making their own version of a designer item, and at the end they talk about how much it cost to do it all. But that cost never factors in having a carpenter's truck full of tools to make poo poo with.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Maybe it's a rental, so they don't want to cut up the dresser. They can just cover that hole with a little toothpaste and it'll be fine!

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Ashcans posted:

Maybe it's a rental, so they don't want to cut up the dresser. They can just cover that hole with a little toothpaste and it'll be fine!

^^ My money would be a renters as well. That is 100% the kind of thing renters tend to do over homeowners.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
I guarantee that all of you care more about how that cut looks than the meth head that did it.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

HycoCam posted:

^^ My money would be a renters as well. That is 100% the kind of thing renters tend to do over homeowners.

This is why it sucks to own rental property.

I'm so sure you are correct here.

These same people would have NEVER done this to a house they actually own most likely.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

If it fits, it sits?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Motronic posted:

This is why it sucks to own rental property.

I'm so sure you are correct here.

These same people would have NEVER done this to a house they actually own most likely.

About one month ago I finally sold my house that I had rented for ~4 years. Being a landlord is terrible unless it's your full time job.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

when you have some wood left over from the deck and want to make a fancy staircase but then oh no

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Look there's a reason that 4x4 ended up in the scrap pile in the first place.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That there is a pre‐stressed 4×4.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Even more special are the milled, pointed post ends with the railing nailed on top. My only hope is they are stable enough to hold a row of beer.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

That 4x4 is precisely the quality I've come to expect from the local home depot.

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

Here. It's pretty boring, actually.

Twenty-foot ceilings. In a bathroom.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Don't be so precious, pretending you've never had some really tall shits.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Jaded Burnout posted:

Don't be so precious, pretending you've never had some really tall shits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S376iimvXIQ

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Would the smell of a stinky poo poo harmlessly rise up to the 20 foot ceilings? Would the steam and warmth of a hot shower do the same?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Platystemon posted:

That there is a pre‐stressed 4×4.
Actually, it looks like it's post-stressed.

:haw:

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Would the smell of a stinky poo poo harmlessly rise up to the 20 foot ceilings? Would the steam and warmth of a hot shower do the same?

The article says they had to re-re-do the shower because of that, yeah.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

quote:

Now as much as we love the look of this room, this is where we have the biggest regrets... In fact, we messed up big time on the shower...so much so that we will be slightly redoing it in the next month or two. Our problem is that in a normal house, you can do an open glass shower like we did because your ceiling is usually a foot or two above the glass, keeping the heat in. However what I didn't account for was the fact that we have 20 ft. ceilings in there and so all the warm air is immediately sucked up, leaving you pretty cold. So we will be adding a second shower head... and adding hand held sprayers and possibly a few body sprayers. We will only have to tear out a channel of tile to add the plumbing and then repair that, so it won't be TOO costly or time-consuming, but still a bummer for sure!

So I guess their fix is to heat the whole room with the shower.

One Legged Ninja
Sep 19, 2007
Feared by shoe salesmen. Defeated by chest-high walls.
Fun Shoe
It's the American Way! :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Assuming that's two hand held sprayers and at least three body sprayers, that's seven water sources pummeling your wealthy, nude body from all angles.