Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Zamasu arc was more fun than the entire movie of RoF, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can't wait until the dub gets to the Zamasu arc, which I think is close now. 11 episodes off so 2018 will be starting off with that

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The arc really did feel like it could've been a movie, since it was so self contained, and brought back fan favorite Future Trunks.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Future Trunks arc was still the best, c'mon now.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The weirdest part about all of this is how the final cut of the RoF movie version uses Future Trunks hiding from Black as a weird framing device.

Did that version even get a DVD/Blu-ray release? So bizarre.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Momomo posted:

The arc really did feel like it could've been a movie, since it was so self contained, and brought back fan favorite Future Trunks.

And Vegetto, and new upgrades to both him/them and Trunks. You're right, it really has all the hallmarks of a DBZ movie.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

probably would have been better as a movie. you'd skip the part where they run away a few times at least

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Manatee Cannon posted:

probably would have been better as a movie. you'd skip the part where they run away a few times at least

It would just be turned into one giant fight which isn't better.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

not really? trunks comes back,goku black comes back to taunt them, trip to u10, showdown with zamasu in the future. they don't need to go through every fight and a lot of things happened between them

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Have you seen the average DBZ movie.

They tend to be the first half plot second half fight.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so? it'd still cut a lot of stuff that dragged that arc down and obviously there's gonna be a big, long fight scene in a dragon ball movie. idk why that's a problem

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Because it's boring as poo poo and part of why the movies suck.

Long drawn out fights scenes are the worst.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The running away from Black and Zamasu is good IMO. I like that Goku and Vegeta had to resort to like Imperfect Cell tactics just to survive.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they ran away like 3 times. if it was just the once, fine. but they really padded that poo poo out

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah I vastly prefer the multiple retreats over a long boring fight scene.

Doesn't make them good mind you.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Yeah I like them having to retreat multiple times, but using the time machine twice made it feel like blatant plot padding. It would have been nice if the group was forced to lay low and hide out in the future version of familiar settings like Kame House, Kami's lookout, maybe even the ruins of the old World Tournament arena.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
In which episode is the English Dub at? I just found out that the Latin dub is at the Zamasu Arc and it started a month ago.

Like jfc Cartoon Network let the dubbers see their families at least on the weekends.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

lezard_valeth posted:

In which episode is the English Dub at? I just found out that the Latin dub is at the Zamasu Arc and it started a month ago.

Like jfc Cartoon Network let the dubbers see their families at least on the weekends.

the dub is currently at the episode where Vegeta rings out Magetta via bullying

still a ways to go, I was honestly surprised Funimation didn't try and do a simuldub way back when the show started

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Mogomra posted:

Future Trunks arc was still the best, c'mon now.

I realize saying it that way made it sound like a bad thing, since most DBZ movies suck, but I didn't really mean it that way. I remember rumors way back of there being a third new movie before we found out about Super, and it just feels like it would fit pretty well.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it'd probably have been good if it was a movie because toryiama would have more influence

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Carlosologist posted:

still a ways to go, I was honestly surprised Funimation didn't try and do a simuldub way back when the show started

They straight up weren't allowed to. I heard from a former Funimation employee that they weren't even allowed to say Dragonball Super when it was initially out.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Toei was *NOT* happy about the Dragon Ball Z blurays

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Burkion posted:

Toei was *NOT* happy about the Dragon Ball Z blurays

Uh, why?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Funimation put them out without Toei's approval.

Dragon Ball Kai was basically supposed to be The Remastered Dragon Ball Z and the BluRay release.

Funimation apparently didn't know or didn't care about that and put DBZ itself out.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's the dumbest thing. Thank God Funi knew better.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I thought the u6/7 tournament arc was better than the future trunks arc

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I liked the tourney arc but man it has so many problems stemming from being Supers first real arc.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

True but Future Trunks arc has tons of problems stemming from it being a Future Trunks arc so :shrug:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Future Trunks arc problems are they rule to much.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The best arc so far has been the Copy Vegeta arc, obviously

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Future Trunks arc was the best Dragonball has ever been, except everything after Trunks cut Zamasu in half.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

Future Trunks arc was the best Dragonball has ever been, except everything after Trunks cut Zamasu in half.

No that is peak Trunks

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mordaedil posted:

Future Trunks becoming the vessel of hope for his entire hosed up world in order to defeat an impossibly powerful opponent and then being left to rebuild the shattered remains of the planet would have been infinitely better than what actually happened. :smith:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Trunks actually defeating Zamasu would have gone against everything Super is going for thematically, at least so far anyways with the return to these Journey to the West elements.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 11, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Sure Zamasu arc may have been good but consider this: a baseball arc

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Kashuno posted:

Sure Zamasu arc may have been good but consider this: a baseball arc

considered and approved. have goku wish for a multi unvirse baseball tournament

yamcha is the main character

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Trunks: A Nerd.
Yamcha: Banged Trunks' mom.

Yamcha is definitely cooler and should be the protagonist.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
I've put a harshly critical eye to most things Super's done because I haven't been able to get over the retelling fumbles, and one of my hangups was over the Future Trunks Arc having no real consequences but a second Zen-O, and it painted my impression of the arc for a while.

But, I think it's been long enough now, and I seriously think it might be my favorite arc in all Dragonball, maybe second to Namek. It hit all the right notes for me, had multiple genuinely surprising twists, and two of the best animated fights I think I've seen from TV anime.

...Also it's easy to look back on it with favor since I'm not digging the ToP on the whole.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
ToP is really good, especially lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Special was hot as hell. I have serious qualms about the arc's overall pacing; I feel like every three episodes could be two, I don't care for U7 getting the whole piece of the pie, and I'm sore about Tien and Gohan looking like buffoons.

I don't hate the ToP. What's good is good. Just, I'm not terribly into it.