Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I long for the day I see my yellow kai friend uploading new videos to GodTube

I hope he becomes Mr. Satan's second wacky roommate. Or hell, let him live in Kame House. I feel like there's at least a 50% chance that Tournament of Power ends with all universes being fused and half the participants just decide to hang out on Earth.

Nobody ever does remember to wish back King Kai, circle of life continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
How could they not wish the innocents back it's Dragon ball.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

I think the theme he's referring to is 'the main characters don't actually accomplish anything and fail at every turn but the Gods/Angel bail them out of their fuckups anyway'
Right. The show's been about what were previously the most characters ever being at the mercy of gods they cannot actually defeat, and different forms that relationship can take. BoG/RoF has Beerus and Whis being somewhat sympathetic to Goku and co by training and helping them., the U6 vs. U7 Tournament introduce the idea of them being more or less playthings for divine and petty rivalries, Zamasu is a vengeful angry god, and the current arc has stressed the seeming apathy by which the Grand Priest and Zeno rule the universes. It's all variations on, idk, maybe subjugation is the word.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 11, 2017

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Black_Oni 165 posted:

I have one comment about the tournament thus far.

Ribrianne needs to either do something, or die already

In terms of moveset she's actually the most realised right now, I think. She's demonstrated several named moves. She'll probably be a shoo-in for future games and such.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

All of her named moves are pretty much the same exact thing though

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Right. The show's been what about what were previously the most characters ever being at the mercy of gods they cannot actually defeat, and different forms that relationship can take. BoG/RoF has Beerus and Whis being somewhat sympathetic to Goku and co by training and helping them., the U6 vs. U7 Tournament introduce the idea of them being more or less playthings for divine and petty rivalries, Zamasu is a vengeful angry god, and the current arc has stressed the seeming apathy by which the Grand Priest and Zeno rule the universes. It's all variations on, idk, maybe subjugation is the word.

This is a good post because I never gave this aspect thought before and now I think you could even be right.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Furthermore, think about the time machine, and how it creates timelines. Bulma is able to create Zeno, gods, and angels. It's..kinda weird. Mortals are top dog.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Saagonsa posted:

All of her named moves are pretty much the same exact thing though

Yeah?

Same thing with any of the numerous Freeza soldiers yet Appule always makes the cut

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

In the world of Dragon Ball where most characters tend to have one gimmick, one big beam attack and generic ki blasts, Ribrianne's repertoire is pretty diverse.

Vegeta only has different spins on big beam attacks and he's doing well.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ribrianne's gimmick is getting old already.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cran posted:

A semantic bungle that results in Zamasuverse getting restored along with the other universes is my ideal timeline.

Next arc Z-Fighters have to team up with revived Universe-Zamasu to take on an even greater threat

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Just wish for zeno to be able to count higher than his fingers, problem solved.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I was kinda hoping that the arc would end in people turning on the gods, but that never seemed likely.

Besides, if they were going that way, it seems like they would bring Trunks along.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Just wish for zeno to be able to count higher than his fingers, problem solved.

Actually with two Zenos, they're going to make 20 universes.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

a cartoon duck posted:

In the world of Dragon Ball where most characters tend to have one gimmick, one big beam attack and generic ki blasts, Ribrianne's repertoire is pretty diverse.

Vegeta only has different spins on big beam attacks and he's doing well.

no he also has that thing where he throws a tantrum and spams useless tiny ki blasts that never do anything!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder if Vegeta has ever been asked to explain the differences between his attacks.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
You can't even get Vegeta to talk about the differences in his kids.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Vegeta's response to anything these days is "tch".

While the special was loving amazing, the real hero has yet to enter the show; Ultra Instinct Yamcha and his epic battle against his arch enemy

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

extra row of teeth posted:

Vegeta's response to anything these days is "tch".

While the special was loving amazing, the real hero has yet to enter the show; Ultra Instinct Yamcha and his epic battle against his arch enemy

You are a treasure.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kashuno posted:

This is why I don't buy the whole "Oh no they will wish back the universes Zeno had already destroyed" thing as a plot point. If they do, so what? Zeno can literally just be like "eh gently caress it"

One Zeno can count to 4 one can count to 8. There's 12 universes. They're gonna get restored and goku will help the zenos split their duties.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i think the legit funniest/best possible thing would be if all the drat mortals start learning how to do ultra instinct because they've seen and felt goku do it. the GoD's would poo poo a loving brick and I imagine the angels would have some sort of response to a whole gaggle of mortals learning to surpass gods

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh my loving god Vegeta, even motherfucking Freeza gave some energy to the spirit bomb, what the gently caress's your excuse

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh my loving god Vegeta, even motherfucking Freeza gave some energy to the spirit bomb, what the gently caress's your excuse

Someone had to guard against Princess hypocrite

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Spiritus Nox posted:

pik_d posted:

Someone had to guard against Princess hypocrite

Yeeah, nobody points out that she was going to try to interrupt someones special attack (despite the fact everyone got together to watch in awe of her gang's special transformation), and Vegeta was the only one covering Goku.

So you know what? Vegeta is good, and even though he's not a team player, he's actually looking at everything in the long run, which is cool and good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

Future Trunks arc was the best Dragonball has ever been, except everything after Trunks cut Zamasu in half.

you're full of poo poo

Caros
May 14, 2008

Fargin Icehole posted:

Yeeah, nobody points out that she was going to try to interrupt someones special attack (despite the fact everyone got together to watch in awe of her gang's special transformation), and Vegeta was the only one covering Goku.

So you know what? Vegeta is good, and even though he's not a team player, he's actually looking at everything in the long run, which is cool and good

Special attack yes, transformation no. People constantly take shots at Goku when he tries to form the spirit bomb, but the only one to ever attack a transforming opponent in DBZ was Trunks, and everyone knows he lacks any sort of class.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Caros posted:

Special attack yes, transformation no. People constantly take shots at Goku when he tries to form the spirit bomb, but the only one to ever attack a transforming opponent in DBZ was Trunks, and everyone knows he lacks any sort of class.

Of all the people to have that in common, it's Trunks and one of the two people responsible for Trunks being who he is. Impressive.

I'm going to take a guess here and say that, had 17 not shot the Fireballs, 18 would have. Just to complete that trio.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Caros posted:

Trunk's sheer level of pragmatism is why he's iced 5 main villains and Goku's only got 1.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Mordaedil posted:

Future Trunks arc was the best Dragonball has ever been, except everything after Trunks cut Zamasu in half.

Giygas Zamasu was the weirdest poo poo and it was great

edit: it also gave us some insight into how powerful Zeno is, apparently enough to instantly erase immortal sentient universes

g0lbez fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 12, 2017

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I got a Rocky vs Drago feel out of the last episode.

On the one side Goku has always been either confident, collected or at least determined yet just from feeling Jiren's ki he unvoluntarily twitches and starts sweating which has never happened to him before that I can remember. Not even against frigging Beerus, which really helped sell the how much outclassed Goku was bit.

On the other side we got Jiren, whose personality or motivation we don't know much about, he is just seemingly an unbeatable wall for the hero to overcome, and he follows someone else's order to break the hero in order to crush the hope of the opposition.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

lezard_valeth posted:

I got a Rocky vs Drago feel out of the last episode.

I like this reference. Btw I totally called this.

GokueGoesSSJ3 posted:

He'll absorb it like Trunks did, there's your new form. But I don't think that'll be the climax of the tournament.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How much "time" is left in the tournament anyways?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

25 minutes, I think.

seiferguy posted:

Ribrianne's gimmick is getting old already.

Yeah.
We get it, Ribrianne is the kawaii magical girl archetype but she's fat and ugly. Hilarious!

Hopefully she's ringed out soon.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Ribrianne is cool and funny.

When Goku goes through his forms fighting Jiren, SS2 looks the coolest. Should've done the big dramatic SSJ3 transformation though. Even if it's worthless it looks cool and that's what this tournament is being scored on right?

The key line was the kai from another universe saying neither could have achieved their level from normal training. Jiren was trained by the clown god of destruction, Goku was trained by Whis. That's why Whis is so happy, someone finally understood his training, and with that he's also the first mortal to understand what I assume is the angel's technique of fighting.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Oct 12, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I finally watched the special.

I feel like i have gone back in time to when was i was watching dragon ball z as it aired
The episode was amazing! The hype was real.

Can't wait for sunday to come.

Frieza is totally going to give goku some energy

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Sefal posted:

Frieza is totally going to give goku some energy

Yeah for sure I'm wondering what his role is going to be in the end though controlling the destruction energy was some definite foreshadowing. Anyway nfl players still love Dragon Ball https://twitter.com/Mike_Daniels76/status/917941236580999169

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Well it's official Hit jobs to Jiren

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kashuno posted:

Well it's official Hit jobs to Jiren

Eh, they've been tricky with their spoilers before. I wouldn't be shocked if there's a twist to it. One of the going theories on reddit is that Hit is going to trap Jiren with his stored time, since Jiren isn't mentioned in the episode 112-114 previews at all

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
One thing I still like about Ribrienne is how many new named techniques she has. Make new techniques, people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Belmond said that Jiren can't be defeated by anyone. That means he is stronger than the angels, the Grand Priest, and Zeno himself. If Zeno tried to erase Jiren he would resist it like Freeza resisted the Hakai.