Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, he's green, right? Maybe he's gonna be the Symbol of Peas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, Deku's super-tracksuit needs to be tossed out entirely.

Mina's costume, however, is perfect in its garishness.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mina's next costume is a full Xenomorph cosplay. ALIEN QUEEN RISES.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Aurora posted:

deku isn't going to become the symbol of peace

bold opinion when he said he became the greatest hero in chapter 1

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Kild posted:

bold opinion when he said he became the greatest hero in chapter 1

it's been established that the symbol of peace is a bad idea

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He should have gone with this costume. Scare all children.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's treated pretty positively imo. The only issue with it being All Might can't sustain it himself.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the point is that the symbol of peace was one person and that yes all might was great and positive but it's impossible for one person to be the symbol of peace because of the vacuum it leaves if they can no longer be a hero for any reason

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Deku will get that scary costume and become the symbol of war after brutally murdering Overhaul, whose bird mask will remain at the centre of his bloodstained costume throne.

Or the manga could remain good and it's more likely he builds a more cohesive hero association (or whatever it's called, I forget) with him at the top.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Aurora posted:

the point is that the symbol of peace was one person and that yes all might was great and positive but it's impossible for one person to be the symbol of peace because of the vacuum it leaves if they can no longer be a hero for any reason
That doesn't make it bad in itself. Neither does it make it impossible because All Might successfully did it for at least a couple decades. Just because it wasn't a perfect solution doesn't mean it wasn't a good one.

The actual point is finding a sustainable way of doing it because the current way is too fragile even when it's being held by someone like All Might. That is, improving on the what was good to make it better.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Aurora posted:

it's been established that the symbol of peace is a bad idea

I think intrinsically the greatest hero is at least a symbol of peace. But there being A symbol of peace or at least a huge gap between #1 + #2 is definitely unsustainable. But if Deku drags everyone up with him and establishes a huge network or whatever the story winds up doing he'll still be the guy doing that; the guy establishing sustainable peace. He'd be the guy getting the MHA Peace Prize or whatever..

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ya but deku isn't gonna be the sole symbol of peace if there even is one

e: yeah basically kild

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aurora posted:

this is why deku and bakugo will both be #1 hero and all of class 1-A will be in the symbol of peace league

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aurora posted:

If several people are the symbol of peace and Deku is one of them then Deku is the symbol of peace, along with his pals and peers.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

he's a symbol of peace, not the symbol of peace, like all might was

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Rhonne posted:

He should have gone with this costume. Scare all children.

I love how so many of the early character designs make them look loving insane, even the heroes.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aurora posted:

You're right I'll accept that.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Aurora posted:

yeah but he'd still be the main symbol of peace if he's the greatest hero.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

deku will die and be remembered by a statue labeled "the symbol of peace"

Aurora fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 12, 2017

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hell yeha, semantics

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

TheKingofSprings posted:

What are the best superhero costumes out of the main characters

Awesome: all might's silver age, bakugo, mina, tooru, iida

Literally the most functional costume ever: tooru

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Xarbala posted:

Hell yeha, semantics

haha hell yeah my dude gotem

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Endeavour is extremely cool

Best Jeanist is the best in the denim category

Best Sparkling outfit: Aoyama

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Sorry guys, didn't mean to derail the thread with my dumb comment about vigilantes. I like both series a lot and I think they both bring interesting things to the world of mha. I just wish the villains in the main series got actual screentime and character development sometimes.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

fractalairduct posted:

Sorry guys, didn't mean to derail the thread with my dumb comment about vigilantes. I like both series a lot and I think they both bring interesting things to the world of mha. I just wish the villains in the main series got actual screentime and character development sometimes.

Vigilantes is cool and benefits from having most of it's "arcs" be just 2-3 chapter affairs. It's not something that'd work for the main series but having the comic be a series of sorta but not entirely disconnected one-shots that reveal more about the world of MHA and some of its characters is a nice easy read for a spin-off series.

I'll say the man series actually has pretty solid villains though. The VA are great, Shigaraki's already changed a lot from how he began and character's like Toga and Twice have gotten a lot of focus and screentime to develop their personality.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ The main character's quirk in Vigilantes is actually absurdly good once he figured out the whole "stop by accelerating in the opposite direction" trick. It's basically like Ingenium/Iida's quirk except better in almost every way.

dogsicle posted:

this is why deku and bakugo will both be #1 hero and all of class 1-A will be in the symbol of peace league

It seems like Deku is destined to surpass Bakugou by a lot. Like, he was already able to keep up with him at just 8%, and I really doubt that Bakugou is gonna be able to train his explosions to be 10x as strong as they are now and allow him to move 10x as fast. Heck, I have no idea how Bakugou would be able to fight him at the 20% he's using against Overhaul. A lot of other characters at least have some sort of extra utility, but Bakugou is a straight combat type for the most part.

You know how would have been really useful in this Overhaul fight? Todoroki. Just fill the room with ice.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Ytlaya posted:

^^^ The main character's quirk in Vigilantes is actually absurdly good once he figured out the whole "stop by accelerating in the opposite direction" trick. It's basically like Ingenium/Iida's quirk except better in almost every way.

It seems like Deku is destined to surpass Bakugou by a lot. Like, he was already able to keep up with him at just 8%, and I really doubt that Bakugou is gonna be able to train his explosions to be 10x as strong as they are now and allow him to move 10x as fast. Heck, I have no idea how Bakugou would be able to fight him at the 20% he's using against Overhaul. A lot of other characters at least have some sort of extra utility, but Bakugou is a straight combat type for the most part.

You know how would have been really useful in this Overhaul fight? Todoroki. Just fill the room with ice.
I dunoo what'll be done to keep the stronger students in line with Midoriya as time goes on but I got the impression Hori might be showing us that he's getting close to surpassing Bakugou because he dialed his final punch (that landed deep) to 5% because his arms were still injured. If that was an 8% punch it could have been over.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

i wasn't really coming at it from a power level angle, more that they each idolize and embody parts of the current symbol of peace, all might. so i feel like it would be sufficiently sweet to see them succeed him and either share or be constantly swapping 1st and 2nd spot.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cosplay.

Tsuyu.

Momo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think getting rid of All for One will do a lot of good in making whatever new system they create more sustainable. All Might's approach didn't work because AfO permanently ruined him. There still would have been a vacuum when he inevitably passed away of old age, but without that injury All Might would have had the time to properly train and groom a successor.

I mean, the system is still a flawed one, but it would have been sorta manageable had All Might not taken the type of injury that he did.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Eh, you don't need someone just like AFO to destroy a One For All user or threaten all of society.

Quirks have been established to basically be anything- only quirk manipulation seems to be a really, really super rare power.

There's a wide variety of bog-standard superpowers that could manifest as a quirk that if possessed by a criminal could easy put them on an AFO level of dangerous or worse. Most of the highest-level XMen powers would be a world-changer in MHA. A reality-bender, phenomenally powerful psychic, or even just that one kid from the depressing XMen story whose ability was to emit a combination of gasses and radiation that instantly vaporize all living tissue for miles around him.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shinjobi posted:

I think getting rid of All for One will do a lot of good in making whatever new system they create more sustainable. All Might's approach didn't work because AfO permanently ruined him. There still would have been a vacuum when he inevitably passed away of old age, but without that injury All Might would have had the time to properly train and groom a successor.
He was wounded several years before he even met Deku. He had 'time' but he didn't "have time" because he had become so all-important that he couldn't bring himself to take time off from constantly going out as a hero, which is basically the point.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I decided to get caught up on Vigilantes today

Captain Celebrity is a pompous ultra-jerk and the exact kind of person Stain would target

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Say Nothing posted:

Cosplay.

Tsuyu.

I really appreciate that they took time to get big, goofy gloves to replicate Tsuyu's big, goofy hands. It's honestly one of my biggest complaints with most fan art, so seeing it in cosplay in extra refreshing.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Eh, you don't need someone just like AFO to destroy a One For All user or threaten all of society.

Quirks have been established to basically be anything- only quirk manipulation seems to be a really, really super rare power.

There's a wide variety of bog-standard superpowers that could manifest as a quirk that if possessed by a criminal could easy put them on an AFO level of dangerous or worse. Most of the highest-level XMen powers would be a world-changer in MHA. A reality-bender, phenomenally powerful psychic, or even just that one kid from the depressing XMen story whose ability was to emit a combination of gasses and radiation that instantly vaporize all living tissue for miles around him.

It's repeatedly stated that Quirks are biological abilities with biological limits. So no reality warping. Someone with a Quirk that created an indiscriminate biohazard would be a big deal, though.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Silver2195 posted:

It's repeatedly stated that Quirks are biological abilities with biological limits. So no reality warping. Someone with a Quirk that created an indiscriminate biohazard would be a big deal, though.

and would be found at like age 4 and hopefully helped and treated

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

Momo should be able to do that, though the range might be limited and she'd probably need a nice gas mask.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mustard exists

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Silver2195 posted:

Ok now explain teleporting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

RatHat posted:

Ok now explain teleporting
BAMF