Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Captain Celebrity reminded me a bit of Booster Gold, and it made me wonder how Horikoshi would handle a time-travelling hero/villain from the future.

Question for everyone: what tropes/elements/plot beats from western comics would you like MHA to put a spin on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Bizzaro universe where everyone fights their evil alternate.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

amigolupus posted:

Question for everyone: what tropes/elements/plot beats from western comics would you like MHA to put a spin on?
Hero pretends to turn to the bad guys in order to get something from them, has to fight their friends.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

amigolupus posted:

Heroic speech that turns bad guys into good guys.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hail Hydra.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Galactus

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Edge of Deku-verse.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

amigolupus posted:

All Might gets a cool car, I guess.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Josuke Higashikata posted:

All Might gets a cool car, I guess.

this but also more gadgets in general. and not discreet things like deku's leg braces, i want carousel reversal spray level of gadgets

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

this but also more gadgets in general. and not discreet things like deku's leg braces, i want carousel reversal spray level of gadgets

An oculus rift and fleshlight for Mineta?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

anything that brings more Mei

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Josuke Higashikata posted:

An oculus rift and fleshlight for Mineta?

well we never did see what the inside of his room looks like

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ochako I think you're taking this Halloween thing a little too far.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I get the intent, but the effect was kind of ruined for me. The clown makeup made me think she was some kind of cheetah-woman hybrid, and now I can't not see it.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

amigolupus posted:

Captain Celebrity reminded me a bit of Booster Gold, and it made me wonder how Horikoshi would handle a time-travelling hero/villain from the future.

Crisis on Infinite All Mights.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Multiverse bullshit is the last place I want this series to go.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Silver2195 posted:

It's repeatedly stated that Quirks are biological abilities with biological limits. So no reality warping. Someone with a Quirk that created an indiscriminate biohazard would be a big deal, though.

Well, there's the zombie guy from the OVA. Man, what a lovely quirk. Fortunately for the people in the MHA world, I don't think he's canon.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Radish posted:

Multiverse bullshit is the last place I want this series to go.

But what if we get to see a One For All Lemillion?

That's literally the only interesting thing I can think would come from an arc like that. I also hope it doesn't happen.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I don't mind little vignettes based on "what if ... ??"s (seeing a One for All Lemillion would be kinda neat) but when you start trying to make then actual cannon the whole thing breaks down. MHA isn't running on a hundred year old characters that had backstories which no longer made sense so I'm not too fearful that it's going to come up.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Radish posted:

I don't mind little vignettes based on "what if ... ??"s (seeing a One for All Lemillion would be kinda neat) but when you start trying to make then actual cannon the whole thing breaks down. MHA isn't running on a hundred year old characters that had backstories which no longer made sense so I'm not too fearful that it's going to come up.

Let's see what your thoughts are on this 100 years from now

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SpacePig posted:

But what if we get to see a One For All Lemillion?

That's literally the only interesting thing I can think would come from an arc like that. I also hope it doesn't happen.

One For All Deku's mom left shoe.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I'm pretty sure a One for All Lemillion would win all fights forever. He's already super precise with his current ex-Quirk, so I only imagine what that + being invincible and super strong would do.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

Let's see what your thoughts are on this 100 years from now

When I was your age we only had one Deku, not Universe 1 Deku and Universe 32 Deku and Universe 90 Duke and Universe 880 Uked!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Stain kills the Shounen Universe.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I hope mei shows up after this arc and makes half the cast new costumes

Uraraka needs ultra heavy power armor

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Heroes and villains must work together to defeat GALAXY FUCKER.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Farg posted:

I hope mei shows up

Me, too. She's the best.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I can't wait for the Gwen Might spinoff.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
All Mei-t.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
A universe where all for one is the hero and all might is the villain

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

How about one set fifty years in the future after Deku kills Ochako with his radioactive semen?

Oh please God no

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

How about one set fifty years in the future after Deku kills Ochako with his radioactive semen?

Oh please God no

Nah, Deku just sells his marriage to Ochako to the devil so he can save his mom.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
"Haha, I've switched you all into different bodies! Now that you're all using quirks you're not used to, there's no way you'll be able to stop me!"

Give me all the dumb silver age bullshit.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hori's favorite American comic hero is spiderman just FYI

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

One For All 2099

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

"Haha, I've switched you all into different bodies! Now that you're all using quirks you're not used to, there's no way you'll be able to stop me!"

Give me all the dumb silver age bullshit.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait for the warlock to show up and tear Small Might's wound off of him and throw it onto All for One to make sure he doesn't become an issue in the future.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tokoyami and icy hot is probably the best conversion. Momo is best overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
It's neat that Momo in Bakugo's costume is way more reasonable than Momo's actual costume.