Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

multijoe posted:

I would really like to see DBS try and explain how Zamasu killed Jiren. Even his absolute immortality seems implausible as a tool against Jiren's absurd level of power

wrong universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm going to guess that Jiren is that strong because the justice-loving people of his universe are literally all sending him their energy. This explains why he is insanely strong, why he's reluctant to fight any more than is absolutely necessary (because people are literally dying for each punch), and, as a bonus, even explains how Zamasu was able to kill him (because people weren't flooding him with their delicious life force then).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Augus posted:

wrong universe?

I thought they said zamasu killed everyone in every universe. u7 isn't where he's from either

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't the grand priest notice all the angels showing up to crash on his couch one right after the other and figure something was going on with all the GoDs dying one right after the other? Did Zamasu kill the angels too? Who didn't Zamasu kill?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The obvious answer is that Jiren had died of natural causes by then.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Luckily for Zamasu, Jiren's species only lives to 20.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
He killed everybody on Earth, got bored, and then went into the future where everybody was dead already and said "Eh, good enough."

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I don't think U7 was the last place on his list, so he could've just not gotten around to U11. I mean there's like, 20 planets in U7 alone. Multiversal genocide takes a while.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Manatee Cannon posted:

I thought they said zamasu killed everyone in every universe. u7 isn't where he's from either

I think he said he killed all the gods, though that's still ridiculous. Maybe he just killed the other Supreme Kais and didn't bother with the angels.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well he wouldn't have to since killing the supreme kai also kills the god of destruction, which then sends the angel packing

the fact that shin dying is all it would take to remove beerus and whis from the equation says a lot about this system

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Just thinking, Universe 6 has been hammered pretty hard at this point, those Namekians better have some good tricks up their sleeves.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Whomever is writing Freiza right now deserves a raise. All of his lines right now are perfect, his delivery is magic and I'm loving sad whats-his-name had lung cancer to not make it even better in the dub.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the key is that Shin needs to train so nobody ganks him because that's totally something that would happen to Shin

also, how well known is the Supreme Kai-GoD connection anyway? that seems like something they'd keep a secret

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

I think he said he killed all the gods, though that's still ridiculous. Maybe he just killed the other Supreme Kais and didn't bother with the angels.

To be exact he murdered the Supreme Kai's as them dying takes out the GoD and Angel.

After that he started murdering Mortals, starting with Goku's home planet cause he is a petty dick.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Crabtree posted:

Whomever is writing Freiza right now deserves a raise. All of his lines right now are perfect, his delivery is magic and I'm loving sad whats-his-name had lung cancer to not make it even better in the dub.

Chris Ayers is doing better from what I can tell. Still healing after his surgery, but not dying anymore I believe.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Carlosologist posted:

the key is that Shin needs to train so nobody ganks him because that's totally something that would happen to Shin

also, how well known is the Supreme Kai-GoD connection anyway? that seems like something they'd keep a secret

It's likely only known by the Gods themselves and the mortals that absolutely must know about it.

Too bad that the one person that decided to act upon it happened to be a God himself.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I hope they just say “Jiren is hella strong” and it never is any deeper than that

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
There are some people that really, REALLY hate U2 and its loving disturbing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I haven't watched it but Brianne got an angry video like Caulifla did. It's probably awful.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I also hope Jiren is just naturally a crazy strong dude. No weird tricks or gimmicks

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

MonsterEnvy posted:

Chris Ayers is doing better from what I can tell. Still healing after his surgery, but not dying anymore I believe.

Regardless, I doubt he's going back to voice acting any time soon. Or ever for that matter.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

Regardless, I doubt he's going back to voice acting any time soon. Or ever for that matter.

Well, he does actually have over a year to recover and decide if he's getting back in the biz, Frieza's next appearance isn't until episode 93 I believe?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

I haven't watched it but Brianne got an angry video like Caulifla did. It's probably awful.

OK, I'd really like to read the rationale on this one. She doesn't even get that much focus.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Junpei Hyde posted:

OK, I'd really like to read the rationale on this one. She doesn't even get that much focus.

It might be "Brianne sucks because he's an ongoing fat joke and not much else" which is a valid complaint, or it's just "fuckin bitches in my anime the SJWs strike again" which, you know. Isn't.

(It's probably that second one.)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

She is fat and pink, therefore tumblr

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Blockhouse posted:

It might be "Brianne sucks because he's an ongoing fat joke and not much else" which is a valid complaint, or it's just "fuckin bitches in my anime the SJWs strike again" which, you know. Isn't.

The video title is 'this character is ruining Dragon Ball Super!', so.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I would give the benefit of the doubt and say there's also "she is bad because she is ridiculous and silly and ruining my serious fightman show" which of course will have reasons why Majin Buu doesn't count.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Crabtree posted:

There are some people that really, REALLY hate U2 and its loving disturbing.

Yeah, they have some good songs.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I watched the video

It's a joke, I think.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Flubby posted:

I really like Champa telling Hit he did good. This is the same Champa that was about to kill all his fighters in the previous tournament for failing him. He and Beerus have had this arc of slowly coming around to actually caring about the people that live in the Universe they rule, and as usual it's at a time when it's too late and they're only realizing it when they're at risk of losing everything.

The kicker is that for all intents and purposes Hit is Champa's ace in the hole and he's down like its nothing.

Those were the words of someone who knows they're probably dying.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ribrianne is mostly just disappointing thus far. I hope she gets to be more than a joke character before this is over

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Zamasu could have blown up the planet Jiren was on. While I wouldn't be shocked if he, like Freiza, doesn't need to breathe in space, that would stiill kill Vegeta, and might even kill Goku if he couldn't just zoop to a planet with air.

Zzulu posted:

Yeah I also hope Jiren is just naturally a crazy strong dude. No weird tricks or gimmicks
I figure he has to have SOMETHING going on beyond just "Is real loving strong." I don't think Ultra Instinct was a direct power level boost in the sense that Super Saiyan or Kaioken are.

TheKingofSprings posted:

The kicker is that for all intents and purposes Hit is Champa's ace in the hole and he's down like its nothing.

Those were the words of someone who knows they're probably dying.
He's got three Saiyans in there. He's not the favorite but he's still got a chance, the fat bastard.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Manatee Cannon posted:

well he wouldn't have to since killing the supreme kai also kills the god of destruction, which then sends the angel packing

the fact that shin dying is all it would take to remove beerus and whis from the equation says a lot about this system

Gods of Destruction and Supreme Kais are supposed to function as partners because they're both intended to be vital parts of the system they work in. Given that the nature of their individual roles necessitates the GoD being immensely more powerful in combat than the Supreme Kai, it makes sense to provide a failsafe of some sort if the GoD decides to be an idiot and just lord it over the Kai rather than doing his loving job. I think the theory is that the lifelink means the Supreme Kai can present an ultimate sanction to a GoD if needed despite the difference in power. This symbiosis seems to work really well in the functional universes, with the Supreme Kais and GoDs seeming to have very close and mutually accepting working relationships.

Unfortunately, Beerus found a loophole to gently caress that all up and now U7's Supreme Kai is a naive moron who knows nothing about his job and is too terrified to find out, allowing Beerus to be a lazy rear end in a top hat.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I refuse to believe there are people who hate Ribrianne.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I think she's pretty boring and sucks the life out of any scene that she's in, but that's because her single joke is played out now

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I don't hate Rebrianne, I just wish she was written better. Which is kinda like hating her, I guess, because I don't feel like obesity is funny.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it'd be better if she wasn't a weak joke character. like buu being a doofy fat bubblegum man belied the fact that he was insanely strong and durable, but ribrianne can't even take base vegeta in a straight fight. that means u2's ace is weaker than cabba

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I liked how the mystery of where Goku disappeared to from the perspective of the other characters was solved so quickly. "Where did Goku go? Oh, he's up there, peepin' on Jiren."

Also,

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I made it to episode 37 and am debating whether or not I should continue with the dub or move onto the sub. I grew up with dub Dragonball... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I made it to episode 37 and am debating whether or not I should continue with the dub or move onto the sub. I grew up with dub Dragonball... :(

stick with the dub if you like, alternatively move to the sub and watch the dub as it comes out like a lot of people here do