Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Just spend a while chucking people from the tournament into the time chamber, see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Haha galaxy donut xD so random

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I find it funny that Future Trunks is essentially the Fusion Master in Heroes, since he's fused with three different people by this point.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Was this posted yet?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I mean, Goten was created to let Gotenks happen back when the Majin Buu arc was supposed to be the end of Dragonball. He's not meant to do anything else.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he's meant to give the pilaf gang ptsd flashbacks

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Kanos posted:

Imagine what would happen if Goten, Bulla, and Pan trained under Whis from childhood.

Chichi would never stand for it.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

Train her too.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

OB_Juan posted:

That's why I mentioned Whis setting up a sponsorship or something. One of Chi-Chi's big beefs with Goku being a dumb idiot fightman is that he's a mooch who has no prospects and doesn't provide for his family. If Goku got gainfully employed being a Fightman(which Chi Chi seems to have no beef with, considering she made him get a job as a security guy that one time) coupled with the prestige of being the God of Destruction's Champion I'm pretty sure she'd be a lot more amenable to Fightmanning being the family trade.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Momomo posted:

I find it funny that Future Trunks is essentially the Fusion Master in Heroes, since he's fused with three different people by this point.

To add more to this: Xeno Trunks can Fusion Dance with Xeno Goten for Xeno Gotenks and Xeno Gohan for Xeno Gohanks, both of which are variations of already-existing fusions (GT Gotenks and Future Gohanks, respectively) as well as use the Potara with Xeno Vegeta to form Xeno Vegeks (not to be confused with Vegenks, his EX-Fusion counterpart).

Fusions is no less kind to him, allowing his Z self to EX-Fuse with Vegeta (Vegenks) and Jaco (Janks) and his Super self to fuse with this timeline's Trunks (EX Trunks), as well as having the Fusion Dance results of himself and Gohan (Future Gohanks) and Tapion (Taks) as separate characters (that can't be obtained outside of Japan). I also spent nearly the entire game fused with his different versions, ending the game with Super!Super Saiyan Trunks.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Kanos posted:

That's why I mentioned Whis setting up a sponsorship or something. One of Chi-Chi's big beefs with Goku being a dumb idiot fightman is that he's a mooch who has no prospects and doesn't provide for his family. If Goku got gainfully employed being a Fightman(which Chi Chi seems to have no beef with, considering she made him get a job as a security guy that one time) coupled with the prestige of being the God of Destruction's Champion I'm pretty sure she'd be a lot more amenable to Fightmanning being the family trade.

Mr. Satan had the right idea in the first few episodes of DBS. Never really did thank him properly for saving the goddamn world, have some cash bro

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
gotenks isn't just a dumb kid, he's two dumb kids stacked up in a trenchcoat, so wacky moves are completely justified

that said i would've appreciated a little more seriousness after everyone he knew and loved got killed by buu, again

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Kurui Reiten posted:

Train her too.

The more women train, the more they turn into housewives.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This is probably worth pointing out:
https://twitter.com/Spy_0taku/status/920056312653852672
https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/920061420489854976

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Next movie villain: Gag manga characters gone too far.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Sweet they should make some wacky non-canon movies with Super like they did with Z.

Hopefully we don’t just get Resurrection B: Now Broly’s Blue.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Beerus realises that Arale is the strongest in the universe and makes her his disciple.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Sweet they should make some wacky non-canon movies with Super like they did with Z.

Bro-kale-y.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I'm kinda disappointed we haven't checked in on Goten and Trunks on 17's island lately. I hope that weird minotaur thing is okay. :ohdear:

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

graham cracker posted:

I'm kinda disappointed we haven't checked in on Goten and Trunks on 17's island lately. I hope that weird minotaur thing is okay. :ohdear:

We're going to get back to the island after the tournament and it'll turn out somehow the minotaur has had a massive litter of children and also all the poachers are in jail.

"What the poo poo? It's only been 48 minutes!"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Raserys posted:

gotenks isn't just a dumb kid, he's two dumb kids stacked up in a trenchcoat, so wacky moves are completely justified

that said i would've appreciated a little more seriousness after everyone he knew and loved got killed by buu, again

If you think about it, they were the perfect counter to the goofy Fat Buu, the problem is that they ended up fighting the much more serious Super Buu instead.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Broly vs Kale: Guest starring Turles and Goku Black

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It'll be a mirror universe invasion. Caulifla and Kale have goatees

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Broly vs Kale: Guest starring Turles and Goku Black

Raditz is there too, but he's just there to hang out with Goten.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

maybe they'll just keep adapting super arcs into movies, rather than the other way around like how this all started

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm hoping that Vegeta's brother and his wife get to meet the U6 sayains, somehow.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

HitTheTargets posted:

I mean, Goten was created to let Gotenks happen back when the Majin Buu arc was supposed to be the end of Dragonball. He's not meant to do anything else.

I promise Gotenks wasn't even a thought in Toriyama's head when Goten was created

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Blockhouse posted:

I promise Gotenks wasn't even a thought in Toriyama's head when Goten was created

Dragonball is literally Toriyama's life. Im pretty sure he thinks more about the series than people give him credit for

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ammat The Ankh posted:

There'd be no point to it, Super Extreme Budokai already gave Broly a God form that is, of course, also playable in Heroes.

It's literally just SS3 Broly but with eyebrows and longer bangs though, it's a very lazy design. It's even lazily named, just "Broly God". Not even LSS God, just "Broly God".

g0lbez posted:

Dragonball is literally Toriyama's life. Im pretty sure he thinks more about the series than people give him credit for

It's not that Toriyama doesn't think about Dragon Ball, it's that Toriyama doesn't think in advance about Dragon Ball. He is the anti-Oda (rather, Oda is the anti-him), he's amazing at coming up with ridiculous poo poo in even more ridiculously short amounts of time. During the time the manga was serialized, Toriyama would only work the last two days or so and spent the rest of the week being lazy.

Toriyama works in a way that makes no sense with Japan's model and somehow works perfectly.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Toriyama rules, basically.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

no they shouldnt. the vast majority of shounen movies are trash the only reason bog and rof were good was because toryiama was writing the story and as a result things were allowed to have consequences

in short

Shinjobi posted:

Toriyama rules, basically.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Toriyama is reality's gag character.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I can't wait for the U6 Lord Slug movie.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
It’s going to be Ressurection of F 2 because Freeza is getting revived after the tournament duh???

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
Watch it go and be the movie version of the Universe 6 vs 7 tournament.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Resurrection B

Broly's Back Baby!!!!

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Kithkar posted:

Watch it go and be the movie version of the Universe 6 vs 7 tournament.

You know if they do this for every arc I'd be cool with it. There's so much stuff that could be streamlined

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I wouldnt mind if the movie is just the ToP again but from everyone elses perspective

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I honestly dont get the sense that Saiyans are a race of weaklings. Remember that even without special training and even when they were primitive, the average power level was something like 1000. Yes, power levels are bullshit, but the point is that even when they were a race of cave people who didn't really do martial arts per say (just brawled with each other with no finesse or anything, didn't know anything about ki), they were wicked loving strong. And even after they got access to technology and worked with Freeza and started fighting stronger aliens, they only did that for a few years before Freeza wiped them out. They didnt get the opportunity that the Universe 6 Saiyans did to prosper and develop a culture of their own, which is why U6 Saiyans seem like they are naturally stronger (though I dont think they are).

But even within the short time that they were working for Freeza, the U7 Saiyans were getting stronger. It stands to reason that if Freeza didnt wipe them out, the average power level (yeah, I know) would go up way beyond 1000. Who knows, maybe in time having a power level of 100,000 would be considered mediocre? And this is seemingly without knowing how to control their ki or undergo special training to better themselves, just relying on innate brute strength. Vegeta was at 18,000 and once he learned how to control ki and got some zenkai boosts, he was like 100x stronger within a short time. Less talented Saiyans like Raditz could probably get huge gains, albeit not as much as Vegeta.

And once Vegeta actually started training like the other Z-Senshi did, his power jumped up again within a short time. So if the U7 Saiyans got the same opportunity as the U6 Saiyans (were left to develop their own warrior culture where everyone trained and bettered themselves), the average power level could be something like 1,000,000 or more.

Goku and Vegeta had gotten strong enough to scare the gods and angels (or at least Goku has), within their own natural lifetimes. The reason the gods and angels are so drat strong is because they've lived for 1000s of years, so they've had time to get that strong. But Vegeta and Goku are catching up to them within their natural lifetime. Hit is 1000 years old. Who knows how old Jiren is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Remember that Goku and Vegeta have both died twice, and normal Saiyans would never have been able to come back to life like they did. Compare Goku at the beginning of Z to Hit, a man who rivals the gods without any training whatsoever, and it really does make the Saiyans seem super disadvantaged. I actually really like this, since anyone that wasn't a Saiyan was considered weak before, now there's a lot more wiggle room for characters.