Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Welp, time to register dragonball2019-2059 and fill each site with an epic tale of Higher Dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kale movie now pls

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Universe 7 saiyans are the distilled essence of inferiority complexes. They're never good enough. And if they are, they're already dead.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kashuno posted:

It’s going to be Ressurection of F 2 because Freeza is getting revived after the tournament duh???

Revival of Frost.

It's a really short movie.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rhonne posted:

Revival of Frost.

It's a really short movie.

Freeza revives Frost and convinces him that this was a long con so they could get the element of surprise and take over the multiverse together. Then as soon as Frost turns his back, Freeza laughs, calls him a dickhead, and shoots his face off.

But not before telling Frost that homing destructo discs that move independently of your own will are totally sweet and work 100% of the time, no way they can ever backfire, just fire and forget and you'll win.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Blue Star posted:

I honestly dont get the sense that Saiyans are a race of weaklings. Remember that even without special training and even when they were primitive, the average power level was something like 1000. Yes, power levels are bullshit, but the point is that even when they were a race of cave people who didn't really do martial arts per say (just brawled with each other with no finesse or anything, didn't know anything about ki), they were wicked loving strong. And even after they got access to technology and worked with Freeza and started fighting stronger aliens, they only did that for a few years before Freeza wiped them out. They didnt get the opportunity that the Universe 6 Saiyans did to prosper and develop a culture of their own, which is why U6 Saiyans seem like they are naturally stronger (though I dont think they are).

But even within the short time that they were working for Freeza, the U7 Saiyans were getting stronger. It stands to reason that if Freeza didnt wipe them out, the average power level (yeah, I know) would go up way beyond 1000. Who knows, maybe in time having a power level of 100,000 would be considered mediocre? And this is seemingly without knowing how to control their ki or undergo special training to better themselves, just relying on innate brute strength. Vegeta was at 18,000 and once he learned how to control ki and got some zenkai boosts, he was like 100x stronger within a short time. Less talented Saiyans like Raditz could probably get huge gains, albeit not as much as Vegeta.

And once Vegeta actually started training like the other Z-Senshi did, his power jumped up again within a short time. So if the U7 Saiyans got the same opportunity as the U6 Saiyans (were left to develop their own warrior culture where everyone trained and bettered themselves), the average power level could be something like 1,000,000 or more.

Goku and Vegeta had gotten strong enough to scare the gods and angels (or at least Goku has), within their own natural lifetimes. The reason the gods and angels are so drat strong is because they've lived for 1000s of years, so they've had time to get that strong. But Vegeta and Goku are catching up to them within their natural lifetime. Hit is 1000 years old. Who knows how old Jiren is?

Goku and Vegeta would have both gotten snuffed out and killed before they reached a patch on their current level of power if not for the luckiest of circumstances. They've been brought back from the dead multiple times, have received personal one on one training and assistance from gods and angels, and have benefited from fighting their way through a rogue's gallery of apocalyptic cosmic horrors. The strongest Saiyans in existence before Freeza blew up their race were complete weaklings in the greater context of their own universe despite spending literally all of their time fighting, with none of them even approaching even dorks like Zarbon and Dodoria; the Ginyu Force could have probably killed the entire Saiyan race simultaneously, Oozaru or no.

Meanwhile, you have dudes like Hit and Freeza who are god-like in strength despite the thought of training apparently never occurring to them before who gain insane power boosts easily on the same level as Goku going to Namek just by applying themselves; Freeza went from "died to Trunks like a mook" to "stronger than SSB" in four months of training. Hit went from "fighting evenly with SSB" to "overpowering SSB Kaioken x10" in about 10 minutes of concerted effort. It's not that Saiyans are necessarily a race of total weaklings, because compared to humans and such, they're absolutely not. It's just that compared to the big boys of the setting we've seen they absolutely are.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Guess it could be a numbers game then, is there any left of Hit/Freeza's species that can reproduce?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

socialsecurity posted:

Guess it could be a numbers game then, is there any left of Hit/Freeza's species that can reproduce?
Based on some throwaway dialogue in Xenoverse, people in things like the Ginyu Force and so on are super-powerful mutant freaks by the standards of their species. Given just how powerful Frieza and his pops were, I'm sure other members of his species would be pretty beefy compared to Farmer with Shotgun, of course.

It seems like "humanity" is inherently a technological race like those guys the Saiyans wiped out, given that the strongest people who were born of two human parents are #17 and #18.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm hype for a Broly/Kale fusion movie where their fused form can only be defeated via the power of dance. Can Goku and Vegeta look past their differences to master the forbidden dance, lambada?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress that. I want a Broly movie where he tries to kill Kale's main squeeze, and all the other saiyans just sit back and watch a world get torn apart.

Just a massive loving hoss off.

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 17, 2017

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Barudak posted:

I'm hype for a Broly/Kale fusion movie where their fused form can only be defeated via the power of dance. Can Goku and Vegeta look past their differences to master the forbidden dance, lambada?

They can do one better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K22vIWbRGeo

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I don't think Hit has never trained. Dude's what, 2000 years old? If you're thinking of the u6/7 tournament what I think he said is he can't get physically stronger, so he relies on improving his technique. I took that to mean he's at his physical peak already.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

This is all I ever asked of the internet

You can close it now, the entire internet, tia

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

gently caress that. I want a Broly movie where he tries to kill Kale's main squeeze, and all the other saiyans just sit back and watch a world get torn apart.

Just a massive loving hoss off.

I want this but only, and ONLY, if they find out they're actually unable to scream "KALE" and "BROLY" in their berserker rage, and so compromise by just roaring "SAAAAAHN. GOOOOOOOKKKUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!" at one another during the entire brawl

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Also, having finally watched the latest episode, I can fully say it worked:

I am now 100% ready for someone to beat the poo poo out of Jiren.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
I like how Jiren isn't necessarily being positioned as a villain. He's just the most freakishly strong being that we've ever seen. He's fighting for his universe the same as everyone else out there. But I don't need or want Jiren to be defeated or humbled in any way. At the same time we're now in a position where it feels like the Z Fighters are out of options. They're in an even worse position than they ever were against Buu, Cell, Zamasu, etc.

I feel like we've got a Kale Ex Machina coming up, given what we've seen so far. But it is cool that Goku can absorb a loving spirit bomb and use it to boost his power level jesus gently caress.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I don't think Hit has never trained. Dude's what, 2000 years old? If you're thinking of the u6/7 tournament what I think he said is he can't get physically stronger, so he relies on improving his technique. I took that to mean he's at his physical peak already.

I thought it was that he's physically strong as gently caress, yes, but that he never worked on improving his time stop. He got it initially, it lasted a split second, he was like "good enough". Fighting Goku, he started trying things like kiai and poo poo and actually pushing it, and discovered "oh hey, this can actually do a lot more than I thought it could" because he never put ANY effort into it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Frieza trained for the first time in his life and within 6 months he was on a level with the gods so it's not like Hit not really putting the effort in is something out of the ordinary for this series.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

He probably trained to learn martial arts and how to fight, since he knows how to do that, but he explicitly talks about how he never bothered to try boosting his time powers because there was never any need to. He talks a lot about growing mid-combat, Piccolo freaks out because "holy poo poo this guy can literally improve his powers that fast???", and Vegeta has a moment where he gets freaked out because Hit is beating the Saiyans at their own game of bullshit mid-battle powerups except Hit didn't need to get his rear end kicked to do it.

The specific word Hit and Piccolo use to refer to what Hit is doing is seicho, which means growth, and his power up is actually extending the length of his time stop mid-fight. After the fight we see him go develop new techniques altogether, like his "hiding-in-the-time-dimension" thing. It's pretty clear that until he met Goku and had something to motivate him to improve himself he had never really bothered to train because his basic fighting skills and his initial time skip were enough to beat anyone he had ever fought.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ProjektorBoy posted:

But it is cool that Goku can absorb a loving spirit bomb and use it to boost his power level jesus gently caress.

Better than that, he fell into a SPIRIT BOMB BLACK HOLE created from them both adding so much energy and force tying to push it that it collapsed in on itself into a tiny ki singularity and goddamn tore him into its gravity while he was raging out of control in SSBKKx20

like holy gently caress Goku at least you truly justified this one for once

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
my wild guess is jiren is some fusion of two stupidly strong people or a ki experiment gone wrong? i cant really believe hes just a normal rear end dude who got that strong by himself arms crossed

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
What Hit was getting across in his fight is that he can't suddenly just power up and become much stronger by shouting as he is not holding back that way. He also has no transformations. So the only way for him to increase his power is improvement on his abilities.

Hit's a very different fighter then most Dragon Ball opponents. Relying more on a powerful ability then just being stronger then his opponent.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

What Hit was getting across in his fight is that he can't suddenly just power up and become much stronger by shouting as he is not holding back that way. He also has no transformations. So the only way for him to increase his power is improvement on his abilities.

Hit's a very different fighter then most Dragon Ball opponents. Relying more on a powerful ability then just being stronger then his opponent.

It doesn't really matter if he powers up by yelling and transforming or if he powers up by magically willing his time stop to last five times longer, he's still powering up and improving himself because he never had incentive to do so before.

It would be like saying Goku figuring out how to Kaioken x20 without literally dying isn't really a powerup because he's improving a technique.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kanos posted:

It doesn't really matter if he powers up by yelling and transforming or if he powers up by magically willing his time stop to last five times longer, he's still powering up and improving himself because he never had incentive to do so before.

It would be like saying Goku figuring out how to Kaioken x20 without literally dying isn't really a powerup because he's improving a technique.

I am just saying it's a different type of power up.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
if hit was only powering up his time stop he still wouldn't have any durability or attack to handle these tough customers

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Can't believe we are getting a dragon (base)ball movie starring yamcha

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Kashuno posted:

Official Leaks - here are the upcoming movies:

Deliver!!! Monaka's Super Perfect Delivery Record in Jeopardy!

The Ultimate Home Run! Yamcha is The Savior of Earth!

This is the Final Great Battle! Return to Driving School - Piccolo VS Goku!

All 3 are canon and I have written them all in my head (Toriyama please hire me).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If we don't get a canon "Goku and Piccolo learn how to drive" episode in Super I'll be very cross at Mr. Toriyama.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dias posted:

If we don't get a canon "Goku and Piccolo learn how to drive" episode in Super I'll be very cross at Mr. Toriyama.

Didn't we see piccolo drive in Super? At the very least we saw them drive in the manga

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
All you have to do is believe that episode happened and it happened.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kild posted:

Didn't we see piccolo drive in Super? At the very least we saw them drive in the manga

We saw them playing a version of Mario kart in the manga. Complete with vegeta screaming about he will beat Goku, followed by failing.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

OB_Juan posted:

Chichi would never stand for it.

She can stop Goten, but both Mister Satan and Gohan are super pumped about Pan becoming the strongest in the universe and Videl doesn't have the personality to have an opinion one way or another.

Also my wish for a new movie would be a spin-off starring the U6 saiyans. I doubt it'd happen but it would be neat.

fake-edit: Also my impression of Hit was less that he never trained and more that he's been the apex fighter of U6 for so long that it's been centuries since he last put effort into self-improvement. It's kind of a thing in Dragon Ball that you don't reach new heights until you realise that a new height even exists to reach for.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Again, Dr. Gero is the only DB character who didnt just stagnate at his opponents power level. He sat down and was like, if Im going to kill Son Goku I am going to build death machines so out of his league and capable of getting even more powerful that there is no way him or any of his stupid friends can stop me unless a tiny bird flaps its wings at his son.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dias posted:

We see Goku driving in the original manga (not Super), and he clearly must've learned how to drive somewhere, so that episode is 100% canon. It's just not shown in the manga because stillness and lack of colour would not be fitting to such a masterpiece, clearly.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Just do that Simpsons softball episode, but with Yamcha.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Rhonne posted:

Just do that Simpsons softball episode, but with Yamcha.

Someone please post that fanart pic.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Blaze Dragon posted:

We see Goku driving in the original manga (not Super), and he clearly must've learned how to drive somewhere, so that episode is 100% canon. It's just not shown in the manga because stillness and lack of colour would not be fitting to such a masterpiece, clearly.

What we didn't see was the horrific wreck 5 seconds later

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

What we didn't see was the horrific wreck 5 seconds later

Saiyan driving skills work like their fighting skills, the only problem is the horrific loss of life that results in the process.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Arc starts with Goku unable to make a right turn, crashes, goes to hospital and comes back able to instant shift transmission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Barudak posted:

Arc starts with Goku unable to make a right turn, crashes, goes to hospital and comes back able to instant shift transmission.

Look man

We're already in a pretty bleak and doomed timeline

Do NOT make it worse by crossing us into the one where Super Saiyan GT 500 is a thing