Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Burkion posted:

I don't see why more people aren't excited about Ultra Instinct

It's a technique that almost ANYONE could learn

the humans finally have an out to get on everyone's level!

Nobody but Goku and Vegeta will ever learn it because nobody else has hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kashuno posted:

Can't wait for the episode of Goten and Trunks back on the island, having fully mastered UI by fighting poachers.

You mean Marron impressing the boys by doing it.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

You can't genuinely believe that anyone other than Goku and maybe Vegeta and Freeza will get this.

The series outright pointed out that even the GoDs couldn't fully learn it, you think Krillin will?

Two children were able to effortlessly do a transformation that a few years prior was only legend

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

You can't genuinely believe that anyone other than Goku and maybe Vegeta and Freeza will get this.

The series outright pointed out that even the GoDs couldn't fully learn it, you think Krillin will?

Kriller time will come at last

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Krillin will learn UI after Goku learns a new technique this is 10 times better.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If hair is the only thing you need, finally UI Yamcha and UI Jackie Chun have come!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Spiritus Nox posted:

Kriller time will come at last

Amen.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm still not sold on this whole Super Sayijin God thing. I thought SSJ was itself supposed to be a ledgendary once in 1,000 years kind of thing. So what does that make SSJ God, double legendary? How often do you get five ultra legendary fighters all at the same time, once in one million years?

I mean if you go back even like a thousand years the Saiyjin were cavemen being oppressed by the Tuffles. What use is a SSJ God cave man that doesn't even know about space travel. None of this poo poo adds up!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ultra Instinct Gotenks just rolls off the tongue.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

seiferguy posted:

Ultra Instinct Gotenks just rolls off the tongue.

Like a brick

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm just glad there's a transformation that's not tied specifically to saiyans

Even if nobody else gets it in Super, it's possible they could get it, which is enough for all the video games to give it to everyone

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Xenoverse 3! Xenoverse 3!

Although given how much extra story DLC they're pushing in XV2 maybe we'll get it there anyway.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

Even if nobody else gets it in Super, it's possible they could get it, which is enough for all the video games to give it to everyone

Yeah just like anyone could have learned Kaio-Ken.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Kelp Plankton posted:

They already gave it to Broly but it seems he gets anything.

In short gently caress Broly.

Watch XV3 make Ulta Instinct the transformation for humans. I haven't played XV2, and I was playing Frost clan, but did Humans get anything in particular as their best power up? I know Buu clan got Turn into Kid Buu, Frost clan you can turn Gold, Sayians can turn in SSJ3.. what did humans get?

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 20, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/toshio916/status/918971398239879168

This is the voice actor of Freeza.

Edit: nvm he's a DBS writer

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 20, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can't wait for Vegeta to be KO'd in an impressively anticlimactic fashion.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rutibex posted:

Yeah just like anyone could have learned Kaio-Ken.

They did let your OCs in the games at least

And there's cut movesets for Krillin and Yamcha and etc with Kaioken in XV2 that could still be DLC I guess. They even recorded the VO for the x3, X10, and x20 versions I think? (And spirit bomb for Cell)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Vegeta tells Cabba to fight his hardest and ganbare, Freeza is like "what we are here to win idiot" and slaps Cabba down

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Burkion posted:

If hair is the only thing you need, finally UI Yamcha and UI Jackie Chun have come!

Ultra Instinct Mr. Satan.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shindragon posted:

They already gave it to Broly but it seems he gets anything.

In short gently caress Broly.

Watch XV3 make Ulta Instinct the transformation for humans. I haven't played XV2, and I was playing Frost clan, but did Humans get anything in particular as their best power up? I know Buu clan got Turn into Kid Buu, Frost clan you can turn Gold, Sayians can turn in SSJ3.. what did humans get?

Humans got the flying nimbus and power pole.

Yes, that's right, they literally got Goku's forgotten hand-me-downs.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
This pose is an omen of Ultra Instinct's final form

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Kashuno posted:

Vegeta tells Cabba to fight his hardest and ganbare, Freeza is like "what we are here to win idiot" and slaps Cabba down

A couple minutes later, "Oh are these your friends Goku? I'll leave them alone then."

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

Humans got the flying nimbus and power pole.

Yes, that's right, they literally got Goku's forgotten hand-me-downs.

Hahahaha.. jesus that is sad.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Still better than Majin's just turning into Kid Buu.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

I'm still not sold on this whole Super Sayijin God thing. I thought SSJ was itself supposed to be a ledgendary once in 1,000 years kind of thing. So what does that make SSJ God, double legendary? How often do you get five ultra legendary fighters all at the same time, once in one million years?

I mean if you go back even like a thousand years the Saiyjin were cavemen being oppressed by the Tuffles. What use is a SSJ God cave man that doesn't even know about space travel. None of this poo poo adds up!

No, you're wrong in several things. Let's start from the big one, history. The Saiyans were never oppressed by the Tuffles. They didn't even exist in the same planet until a generation ago, the U7 Saiyans left Planet Sadal and reached Planet Tuffle under the reign of Vegeta's dad, Vegeta. They then proceeded to take over the planet and kill every Tuffle, renaming it Vegeta after Vegeta.

The Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God of legend happened way before this, the former 1000 years or so ago and the latter at some point between those events (was it ever said when? I don't remember). In both cases, the Saiyans were already able to attack other races, in fact everything seems to point out that they developed space travel on their own despite being dumb punch monkeys (I guess with the help of some brilliant scientist of their own). As well, there never were five Super Saiyans at the same time before the present, God only requires six pure-hearted Saiyans.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Coughing Hobo posted:

Ultra Instinct Chiaotzu self-destructing without thought.

I legit just spit out my coffee at the idea of chiaotzu back in the Saiyan saga standing with the rest of them and then just suddenly exploding for no reason.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

No, you're wrong in several things. Let's start from the big one, history. The Saiyans were never oppressed by the Tuffles. They didn't even exist in the same planet until a generation ago, the U7 Saiyans left Planet Sadal and reached Planet Tuffle under the reign of Vegeta's dad, Vegeta. They then proceeded to take over the planet and kill every Tuffle, renaming it Vegeta after Vegeta.

The Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God of legend happened way before this, the former 1000 years or so ago and the latter at some point between those events (was it ever said when? I don't remember). In both cases, the Saiyans were already able to attack other races, in fact everything seems to point out that they developed space travel on their own despite being dumb punch monkeys (I guess with the help of some brilliant scientist of their own). As well, there never were five Super Saiyans at the same time before the present, God only requires six pure-hearted Saiyans.

Thats retcon nonsense! The Saiyans and Tuffles are from the same planet. The Saiyans were primitive cave men before they conquered the Tuffles and stole their space ship technology. How the heck could the Saiyans have come to planet Tuffle if they are primitive cave men with no space ships?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Don't the Tuffles only exist in filler.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Funky Valentine posted:

Don't the Tuffles only exist in filler.

I thought there was a Tuffle in the ToP somewhere? Did I hallucinate that?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Caros posted:

I legit just spit out my coffee at the idea of chiaotzu back in the Saiyan saga standing with the rest of them and then just suddenly exploding for no reason.

It's a good joke

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Grouchio posted:

A Pro-watch for those fed up with Super's hijinks. There may be spoilers, so viewer discretion is advised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxfAS0Y_JPo

Actually I extremely enjoy Super's hijinks.

Also please stop being so obsessed with SBFP's opinions on everything and spreading them like gospel.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

seiferguy posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/toshio916/status/918971398239879168

This is the voice actor of Freeza.

Edit: nvm he's a DBS writer

Yeah, he's a writer and he's generally receptive to fans, but his English isn't amazing and I get the feeling people swamp him with stuff.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

deadly_pudding posted:

I thought there was a Tuffle in the ToP somewhere? Did I hallucinate that?

One of U2's fighters is a tuffle. Zarbuto, the old man in a red suit with a cape and helmet.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
"Oh, there are Tuffles in Universe 7 as well? What are they like?"

Vegeta: "...fine."

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

Thats retcon nonsense! The Saiyans and Tuffles are from the same planet. The Saiyans were primitive cave men before they conquered the Tuffles and stole their space ship technology. How the heck could the Saiyans have come to planet Tuffle if they are primitive cave men with no space ships?

Literally the only thing there that's a retcon is the name of the planet. The Saiyans coming from another planet is from before Super (GT Perfect Guide, non-canon as it may be, maybe earlier). That rationalized the name of the Saiyans' home world as Planet Saiya though (a logical assumption, though ultimately untrue).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Justin_Brett posted:

"Oh, there are Tuffles in Universe 7 as well? What are they like?"

Vegeta: "...fine."

Considering Vegeta had no issues with telling Cabba what the U7 Saiyans were like, I don't think he'd lie about how his dad and his people happily and mercilessly committed genocide upon the Tuffle race.

I don't think he'd say it with pride or anything but Vegeta seems to be fully willing to accept what the U7 Saiyan race was and did.

(Double post but I have no idea how to quote more than one post with the app)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The stuff from Super Dragon Ball Heroes looks cool. They should take those characters and put them in the show.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Literally the only thing there that's a retcon is the name of the planet. The Saiyans coming from another planet is from before Super (GT Perfect Guide, non-canon as it may be, maybe earlier). That rationalized the name of the Saiyans' home world as Planet Saiya though (a logical assumption, though ultimately untrue).

Thats not how Radditz explained it, and I trust Radditz :colbert:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/921452331241050112

this is pretty interesting, now I want to know the order of the angels by age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer