Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I actually like the idea of the Saiyans originating from a different planet than the Tuffles, since the reason why Saiyans were so strong and tough was because their homeworld had 10 times the gravity of Earth. But the Tuffles were a race of weaklings that weren't any stronger than normal Earthlings, so it wouldn't make sense for them to have evolved under the same conditions.

The way i remember it, the Saiyans originally had to leave their homeworld because the Legendary Super Saiyan annihilated their civilization there. So they were nearly wiped out and destitute and the Tuffles allowed them to settle on their planet. Then the Saiyans wiped them out. But this is probably wrong because it would imply that the saiyans came to the Tuffle planet 1000 years ago.

When did the saiyans meet Freeza? Also, have they explained why the U6 saiyans dont have tails?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Squallege posted:

In the true spirit of anime Cus will be the oldest

gently caress you I was going to make that joke

For real though I'll be shocked if she isn't

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Blue Star posted:

I actually like the idea of the Saiyans originating from a different planet than the Tuffles, since the reason why Saiyans were so strong and tough was because their homeworld had 10 times the gravity of Earth. But the Tuffles were a race of weaklings that weren't any stronger than normal Earthlings, so it wouldn't make sense for them to have evolved under the same conditions.

The way i remember it, the Saiyans originally had to leave their homeworld because the Legendary Super Saiyan annihilated their civilization there. So they were nearly wiped out and destitute and the Tuffles allowed them to settle on their planet. Then the Saiyans wiped them out. But this is probably wrong because it would imply that the saiyans came to the Tuffle planet 1000 years ago.

When did the saiyans meet Freeza? Also, have they explained why the U6 saiyans dont have tails?

Saiyan History 101 Have fun

In the anime has Cabba confused when Goku asks him about his tail like U6 saiyans have never had them ,but the manga has Cabba saying they have evolved to not have tails anymore.
http://readms.net/r/dragon_ball_super/008/3194/5

Caros
May 14, 2008

Blue Star posted:

Why would Bardock do that?

SirKibbles posted:

Saiyan History 101 Have fun

In the anime has Cabba confused when Goku asks him about his tail like U6 saiyans have never had them ,but the manga has Cabba saying they have evolved to not have tails anymore.
http://readms.net/r/dragon_ball_super/008/3194/5

One fun explanation I hear for why the U6 saiyans are so generally strong (and take to super Saiyan so easily) is that since they didn't murder the poo poo out of the truffles they ended up coexisting and breeding with them. U6 saiyans all being Gohan like half breeds explains their overall power and lack of tails.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Caros posted:

One fun explanation I hear for why the U6 saiyans are so generally strong (and take to super Saiyan so easily) is that since they didn't murder the poo poo out of the truffles they ended up coexisting and breeding with them. U6 saiyans all being Gohan like half breeds explains their overall power and lack of tails.

alternatively planet vegeta's high gravity forced them to grow tails for balance

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kild posted:

alternatively planet vegeta's high gravity forced them to grow tails for balance

Crikey
Theyre space kangaroos

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Saiyan History:

• Saiyans arrive on Planet Plant, were welcomed by the Tuffles, lived in the wasteland areas. (King Kai specifically says Saiyans are not native to Plant; Dr. Raichi and Baby say the same thing, Vegeta affirms it again in Dragon Ball Super)
  • After centuries of relative peace between Tuffles and Saiyans, a Saiyan named Vegeta becomes King due to the power of beards and/or beating up everyone who disagreed with him.
  • King Vegeta launches a genocidal war against the Tuffles to take over the planet.
  • Tuffles develop Scouters to try and track Saiyans during the war, gauge things like health and strength of their foes.
  • The war ends when the Full Moon appears on the planet, Saiyans victorious; King Vegeta renames planet after himself, has son also named Vegeta.
  • Saiyans use Tuffle technology to travel to space again and try to conquer planets and sell them to the highest bidder.
  • Freeza takes over the Saiyans, Saiyans make even more money under his Empire.
  • Freeza grows wary of Saiyans due to the legend of the Super Saiyan, ends up destroying the planet.
  • Towa sends Bardock through a portal in time, where her evil is law. Now the fool seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Goku.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

StrifeHira posted:

Saiyan History:

• Saiyans arrive on Planet Plant, were welcomed by the Tuffles, lived in the wasteland areas. (King Kai specifically says Saiyans are not native to Plant; Dr. Raichi and Baby say the same thing, Vegeta affirms it again in Dragon Ball Super)
  • After centuries of relative peace between Tuffles and Saiyans, a Saiyan named Vegeta becomes King due to the power of beards and/or beating up everyone who disagreed with him.
  • King Vegeta launches a genocidal war against the Tuffles to take over the planet.
  • Tuffles develop Scouters to try and track Saiyans during the war, gauge things like health and strength of their foes.
  • The war ends when the Full Moon appears on the planet, Saiyans victorious; King Vegeta renames planet after himself, has son also named Vegeta.
  • Saiyans use Tuffle technology to travel to space again and try to conquer planets and sell them to the highest bidder.
  • Freeza takes over the Saiyans, Saiyans make even more money under his Empire.
  • Freeza grows wary of Saiyans due to the legend of the Super Saiyan, ends up destroying the planet.
  • Towa sends Bardock through a portal in time, where her evil is law. Now the fool seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Goku.

so, the result of why the Saiyans got eliminated ultimately is Vegeta's fault? checks out

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Carlosologist posted:

so, the result of why the Saiyans got eliminated ultimately is Vegeta's fault? checks out

the prince, his dad, or the planet?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lot of people believing in Tuffle propaganda ITT.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestonJew posted:

the prince, his dad, or the planet?

Yes

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Raxivace posted:

Lot of people believing in Tuffle propaganda ITT.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

for gently caress's sake vegeta you're in your forties, married, and have kids, you can't keep calling yourself the prince just because it sounds pretty

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Augus posted:

for gently caress's sake vegeta you're in your forties, married, and have kids, you can't keep calling yourself the prince just because it sounds pretty

worked for prince

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

worked for prince

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Ultra instinct bongo

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I mean he can't exactly usurp King Dog's position without a vote...

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Carlosologist posted:

Yep definitely should've given Beerus the most comfortable pillow

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Caros posted:

Well, the U6 Saiyans still live on their home planet, right? So they never met with the Tuffles, unlike the U7 Saiyans. Maybe the Tuffles, having taken in the Saiyans and allowed them to settle on their planet, started doing weird science experiments on them and tampering with their DNA? Maybe the Saiyans of U7 who live on Planet Vegeta (originally planet Plant) are actually a special breed created by the Tuffles? As for why they would do this, I have no idea, but the result must have been that the U7 Saiyans are extra-aggressive and developed tails and the ability to transform into Ozarus under full moonlight, as a sort of atavistic mutation. Of course this all backfired and the Saiyans took over Planet Plant and etc.

I think the whole "10x earth's gravity" aspect has been forgotten about.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
One of Babidi's chumps came from a planet with 10x Gravity. Vegeta's response was pretty much "huh? So?"

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

HitTheTargets posted:

One of Babidi's chumps came from a planet with 10x Gravity. Vegeta's response was pretty much "huh? So?"

At 500 times gravity you might stand a chance, but 10? I don't even feel it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

anyone else remember Vegeta's brother who looks like Cabba?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Vegitas brother and Gokus brother should hang out and have adventures together.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

No because Funimation never bothered to dub that special.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rirse posted:

Funi doing something right is weird as all hfil.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Funi doing something right is weird as all hfil.

But now we won't get to see the wonderful origin of Bardock being a supersaiyan against not Frieza.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Rirse posted:

But they did dub his mention in Battle of Gods!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Rirse posted:

But now we won't get to see the wonderful origin of Bardock being a supersaiyan against not Frieza.

Oh no that one came out with that Dragon Ball Kinect game. But it wasn't dubbed because I don't think even neo-Funimation could save that without going all Duel Masters/Samurai Pizza Cats on it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapter/dragon-ball-super-chapter-29/6357

Dunno if this was posted already but here's the Super chapter.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
In case there was any ambiguity left in tonight episode Vegeta flat out says they'll use the Super Dragon Balls to wish U6 back, at least

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Freeza's strategy was totally valid.

Also, sick burn, Toppo.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I can't believe Goku is going to teach Caulifla a useless form.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Blockhouse posted:

In case there was any ambiguity left in tonight episode Vegeta flat out says they'll use the Super Dragon Balls to wish U6 back, at least

He said he will, lord knows what Goku or any of the other chumps will do.

Or Ribrianne.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Junpei Hyde posted:

I can't believe Goku is going to teach Caulifla a useless form.

I really hope he teaches it to her and she instantly burns out. Like it is all just a scam.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Caros posted:

I really hope he teaches it to her and she instantly burns out. Like it is all just a scam.

Not a scam, he's just that dumb.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I hope Vegeta and Goku mean 'we'll revive U6, along with the other Universes', but given the level of Saiyan nepotism going on probably not.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Poor Cabba, burdened with the fate of being his universe's Vegeta.

Edit: Goku this episode: I'm completely drained, gotta play things close to the vest and build my power back up.

Goku next episode: Time to bust out the conservative super saiyan 3, known for its low power consumption.

TheHan fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 22, 2017

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

the heat is leaking from the freeza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Look, all I want is for Freeza to speak entirely in ice puns like Mr. Freeze in Batman and Robin.

OMG MR. FREEZA.