Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

You'd figure Heroes would have retired SSj4 in favour of Blue by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I think they teased super saiyan 4 Bardock as a thing so the super saiyan 4ing will continue

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
it is really weird that Towa has a SS4 form when I don't even think he's a Saiyan.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stallion Cabana posted:

it is really weird that Towa has a SS4 form when I don't even think he's a Saiyan.

You mean Mira?

He's basically a Cell.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Again, I think the most narratively interesting thing is a Frieza win, followed by an arc about trying to get the super dragonballs in Frieza's new reality to undo Frieza's wish.

God Emperor Frieza, Lord of all Creation, served by his loyal knight, Son Goku, God of Destruction.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Also is it just me or do the Zenos seem to be getting dumber as things go on

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Kashuno posted:

Also is it just me or do the Zenos seem to be getting dumber as things go on

Kids born into luxury where they don't have to ever try or think about anything critically tend to be dumb as bricks.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

HGH posted:

What even is Heroes anymore? I swear they're just stealing fanart designs now.

the future of dragon ball once Super ends

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Dragonball Heroes is exactly what fans of the series deserve and I love everything about it.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I wonder why all the namekians from both universes didn't fuse, when faced with utter destruction, you'd think their personal loss of ego would be small potatoes. I suspect the 2 namekians from the other universe did so.

They can always egg reproduce more if they win.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

HGH posted:

There's something hilarious about a series of muscle men powering up into gorilla men and trading blows. I wonder if that last guy even knew he could turn into Snowflake the White Gorilla before just now.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I hate heroes because it serves as a constant reminder that broly exists.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I wonder why all the namekians from both universes didn't fuse, when faced with utter destruction, you'd think their personal loss of ego would be small potatoes. I suspect the 2 namekians from the other universe did so.

Fusing is a fate worse than death for a Namekian. Only the strongest guy gets to keep his personality, the fusee just gets absorbed for a power boost. You don't even get to die and go to the after life. Its like being assimilated by the Borg.

I would rather be absorbed by Buu, at least he would take on my fashion sense.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

HGH posted:

what's with the good guy using Super Saiyan Rose? :cmon:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Augus posted:

That's just regular SSJ God form red, not Rose

They haven't let the OCs go blue yet

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Augus posted:

That's God, but the video's quality is low so colours don't look right.

Talking about God, just read the last manga chapter. Toppo being able to use God Ki makes total sense yet I didn't even think of it, despite knowing he's Belmod's apprentice. I guess I just don't think about Ki classifications much anymore...or ever did, honestly.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Heroes produced SS3 Raditz and Nappa therefore fulfilling the true promise of Dragon Ball.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Considering the potential cauli/kale fusion, I am expecting them to do it too. It would even make sense since I just noticed that universe 6 is literally just down to the four of them.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I don't know anything about what DB Heroes is but I love how in all of the various intros for it the very first thing that happens is the OCs fail utterly and get dumpstered. Why are they even there?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

DBFZ comes out the same day as MHWorld?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Kild posted:

DBFZ comes out the same day as MHWorld?

In the West, yeah. DBFZ is coming out a week later in Japan so it doesn't get destroyed in sales.

I really hope this doesn't hurt the sales of either game, regardless.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Neo_Crimson posted:

In the West, yeah. DBFZ is coming out a week later in Japan so it doesn't get destroyed in sales.

I really hope this doesn't hurt the sales of either game, regardless.

Any game coming out the same half a year as an MH game in Japan is going to get hurt

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

TheHan posted:

There's something hilarious about a series of muscle men powering up into gorilla men and trading blows. I wonder if that last guy even knew he could turn into Snowflake the White Gorilla before just now.

Yes? I think? The form's directly from the end of Xenoverse 2, only back then it needed a serious outside power source-a Time Egg, effectively a baby universe-as well as Mira permanently absorbing Towa.

....Towa's dead? Ouch.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Kashuno posted:

Any game coming out the same half a year as an MH game in Japan is going to get hurt

True, but I'm more worried about Western sales. I want both games to do well.

Edit: Though I'm more worried about MH at this point.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
They're really different games now, I'm not sure if this is quite the same as that time when Titanfall 2 was released like a week between that year's Battlefield and Call of Duty titles.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
https://twitter.com/hencray/status/921772870656704513

It's hard to say if he actually yelled Kamehameha while shooting a 3 pointer, but De'Aaron Fox is a huge DBZ fan so its possible. I always enjoy seeing DBZ stuff in mainstream media.

Edit:This is his twitter picture:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He tweeted later it was an edit as he is a Vegeta fan.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kashuno posted:

Can you imagine if they could still go Oozaru and kick 90% of the fighters off the arena instantly??

Piccolo can and will do this very soon. Sorry, Jiren fans.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Batmasterson posted:

https://twitter.com/hencray/status/921772870656704513

It's hard to say if he actually yelled Kamehameha while shooting a 3 pointer, but De'Aaron Fox is a huge DBZ fan so its possible. I always enjoy seeing DBZ stuff in mainstream media.

Edit:This is his twitter picture:

He shouts “kame” as it goes up and “hameha” as it goes in. Owns

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I'm a firm believer that all the progressively more annoying and pointless Zeno comments are just Toei trying to get DBS viewers desensitized to the padding garbage they do with One Piece.

Soon we'll be having 5 minute segments of Zeno making mouth explosions about how excited he was about half the arena blowing up.

khwarezm posted:

They're really different games now, I'm not sure if this is quite the same as that time when Titanfall 2 was released like a week between that year's Battlefield and Call of Duty titles.

I dunno, I thought the same thing about Titanfall 2.

But then again I'm a crazy person who thinks that Titanfall 1 is the second best game ever.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ImpAtom posted:

You mean Mira?

He's basically a Cell.

Mira is the ultimate fancharacter OC. Demon bishounen Cell that can go Super Saiyan and later Super Saiyan 5 and rules the Demon Realm with the sister of Dabura, and they have a kid together. Clearly, Towa is just a DBZ fangirl from Deviantart showing off her OCs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Neo_Crimson posted:

True, but I'm more worried about Western sales. I want both games to do well.

Edit: Though I'm more worried about MH at this point.

If a game's gonna sell, it'll sell. Zelda, horizon, and nier came out in like a 3 week period and they all sold millions.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Vegeta should feel fear, grow his tail back, then go Oozaru. It's a shame they've retired that.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Wasn't the point of the whole Bergamo v Goku fight about how getting large is dumb and basically an automatic loss?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Codeacious posted:

Wasn't the point of the whole Bergamo v Goku fight about how getting large is dumb and basically an automatic loss?

It was the point of the Piccolo Jr. fight back in the original Dragon Ball. Though there Piccolo and Goku were equals so it was still a very good fight and not the curbstomp of the Zen Exhibition Match.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Someone pointed out a while back that no one yells their attacks in Super. Really stood out the past episode. Cabba, you're making fancy hand motions to shoot a big laser, I know that poo poo has a name.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Professor Wayne posted:

Someone pointed out a while back that no one yells their attacks in Super. Really stood out the past episode. Cabba, you're making fancy hand motions to shoot a big laser, I know that poo poo has a name.

It's the Galick Gun

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Professor Wayne posted:

After rewatching Z, I realized something: attack calling was never the norm in this series, it was the games that made it much, much more common than it ever was in Z proper.

Pretty much none of the villains ever get a move called, even. The only one that does is Cell and that's because, well, he uses the heroes' moves. And on the heroes' side, even the Kamehameha is inconsistent in whether you have to say the name or not!

For the move proper, Vegeta did not actually call Galick Gun when he used it either. He named it in monologue, when comparing it to Goku's Kamehameha. The only moves Vegeta did call were Big Bang Attack and Final Flash, and both were used a grand total of once before Super.

Ironically enough, the only character I can think of that seems to need to shout his moves is Future Trunks, and even there only in Super. He didn't get a single called move in Z, but he went all-in on the shouting in Super when his style changed to "use master/dad's moves instead of my own".

CharlestonJew posted:

It's the Galick Gun

Ehem, it's the Galick Cannon, totally different.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

It's the Galick Gun

obviously but his point is that cabba doesn't yell that as he throws it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

CharlestonJew posted:

It's the Galick Gun

It's the U6 version so it's just outright called Garlic Gun.