Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Feenix posted:

Hey is that 60052 Cargo Train a nice set?

I really want a traditional train but this ones not bad.

[Edit] was not gonna get anything but an employee was driving around that power functions Technic tracked vehicle and my son saw it and it was O-V-E-R.

My son is getting that for Christmas, that should eat up the VIP points for all the drat Batman and Ninjago stuff I've bought in the last 6 months. :homebrew:

Also it reminded me that I need to get the IR kit and parts to motorize my WALL-E.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If I wanted to grab my first modular which one would you guys recommend? I'm pretty heavily leaning toward Parisian restaurant. I also like the detectives office.

...or should I just say gently caress it and go for Ninjago city.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

veni veni veni posted:

If I wanted to grab my first modular which one would you guys recommend? I'm pretty heavily leaning toward Parisian restaurant. I also like the detectives office.

...or should I just say gently caress it and go for Ninjago city.

I would get the detective's office between those two.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Yeah Detective office has cooler details than the Paris restaurant but isn't absolutely monstrous like Ninjago city.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Parisian tends to be more well-liked, I think. I prefer Detetctive's, though. The Brick Bank is, of the three, the one that benefits from being seen in person the most. It looks really bland in pictures but shines in person. If $$$ is no object, get Ninjago. Actually, get the Palace Cinema. That is the correct answer because it's going out of print soon and the price will go up.

It might not be the one you were looking at, but it is a good place to start due to the rarity factor. And if you don't like it, wait a few months and you should be able to sell it for around what you paid due to scarcity.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Palace Cinema is great on the outside, but less interesting inside, being only 2 (big) floors. But the outside is really, really nice.

I think I prefer the Parisian Restaurant to the Detective’s Office, but they’re both great in different ways. The Restaurant fits with the earlier European-looking ones like the Cafe Corner, while the Detective’s Office is more American-looking and fits with the Pet Store and Bank.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Detectives Office really is the most fun. Assembly Square is amazing for it’s interiors. Brick Bank includes a neat chandelier and some cool details on the exterior, but of the three, that’s the one I rarely touch.

I’m (agonizingly slowly) MOCing up a custom modular, and I read the instructions for the other modular store get ideas. Pet Shop is the other one I would want to own.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Just made the Slave I, pretty great, glad I got it.

The base (the red part) is thinner than you'd think, pictures always make it look more chubby than it really is.

It's a really weird spaceship design too, very awesome.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Yeah, it's a cool set. I kind of wish it had a bit more of an interior though.

Wasn't the Slave I inspired by an iron or something like that?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Yeah, it's a cool set. I kind of wish it had a bit more of an interior though.

Wasn't the Slave I inspired by an iron or something like that?

Street lamps

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh my god, I had bought a second Wolverine's Chopper Attack set(#6866) a while back on a whim to maybe build with the one I had already built as I am wont to do, but wound up never opening it. Now that loving thing goes for like 140 bucks. What happened? Is it really the only set with Deadpool, there's no other way to get a Lego Deadpool minifig? I mean I know Lego probably wouldn't make another one now what with the Deadpool movie being rated R, but dang, people go nuts for a Deadpool minifig.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-6866-...wEAAOSwEZdZ7TZf

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

ElwoodCuse posted:

Street lamps

It was actually a radar dish but everyone thought it was a street lamp

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I saw the LEGO Dimensions Portal set on sale, but decided there wasn't much point having it if I don't have LEGO Dimensions.

So now I have LEGO Dimensions.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Lepin 05132 (clone of 75192 Millennium Falcon) is now available.

It seems it’s actually selling for 216 USD with no frills; that wasn’t just a wishful preorder price.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Chairchucker posted:

I saw the LEGO Dimensions Portal set on sale, but decided there wasn't much point having it if I don't have LEGO Dimensions.

I bought that set and don't have Lego dimensions. Still have no idea what those blue discs do but I wanted a Chell minifig.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yeah there was a very real chance of me only getting LEGO Portal, but in the end I decided what the hell.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Chairchucker posted:

Dimensions is fun if you like the other Lego video games.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

We picked it up when my daughter had her adenoids out. You need to pick up the Midway Arcade set, as you progress through the level you unlock a shitton of classic arcade games you can play inside the game. Spy Hunter, Gauntlet, 720degrees, Paperboy, Rampage, etc.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

Dimensions is fun if you like the other Lego video games.

Too bad they put it in the garbage bin today.

https://twitter.com/LEGODimensions/status/922504239368114176

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

xzzy posted:

Too bad they put it in the garbage bin today.

https://twitter.com/LEGODimensions/status/922504239368114176

When Disney did this with Infinity, the figures got discounted like 75% at Target and Walmart. Hopefully they do the same with Dimensions.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Yeah it was an open secret for a while that they weren't making anything else for it but there's a lot of good stuff out there and stores have tons of it so watch for clearance. Stuff has already been heavily discounted before.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's funny how all of the big companies tried to tap into the Skylanders craze just as it was on it's way out. Like, Skylanders just printed cash for years and then the second everyone got tired of it Disney and Lego tried to cash in.

Hopefully I can pick up a few sets without paying the premium for the in game stuff now. I found portal for $5. Hoping to do the same with gremlins .and a few others.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

CommanderApaul posted:

When Disney did this with Infinity, the figures got discounted like 75% at Target and Walmart. Hopefully they do the same with Dimensions.

They've been randomly $2 at various WalMarts around here, it's why I own a bunch of the minifigs but not the main game.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Expensive month...

Bought the new UCS Falcon, Ninjago's Destiny Bounty, the big Carousel and Ferris Wheel (now we have all 3 big theme park sets) and there was a huge discount on everything Friends and City at a local store so i bought 2 literal garbage bags filled to the brim with sets from those themes for when my kids are older. A lot of the big sets like the Friends rollercoaster, yacth, hotel, rockstar thing. City cargo train, passenger train, some big fire station, etc.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wait, is the Beetlejuice figure not coming out now?? :(

E: Came out Sept 12th, hmm. I need to keep my eyes open.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I kind of realized that after collecting Lego SW (original trilogy) for the last 3 years, that my collection is pretty much complete. Like, there are definitely a few odds and ends I want to pick up and some sets I would love to have, but cost way more than I'm willing to pay for a Lego set, and I'm sure Lego will make sets in the future that I'll want. But there is really nothing pressing I'm trying to get my hands on.

It'll be nice to take a nice long break from SW and be able to start Bricklinking for more MOC's maybe grab a few modulars, some creator stuff...Build some stuff with color in it. Just looked at my SW shelf today and though "huh, I think I'm good"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Is there any value in holding onto boxes for the bigger sets and modulars? I have boxes for the Simpsons house, pet store, palace cinema and a few others... I want to feel secure in just recycling them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Long term, on the scale of 20+ years, boxes in "new" condition will sell for more to collectors.

But we're not talking put a kid through college levels of money. More like somewhere between a free latte and a nice dinner.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Boxes definitely bump the price up quite a bit for certain collectible sets but it's probably not a huge difference in the long run. Personally I just carefully break them down and stack them in a closet corner so the basically take up zero space. I might weed through them down the line and get rid of some though. No sense in keeping the ones that I've parted out.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
They're already flattened and in the back of a closet. I'll just leave them there and try to get rid of some of the actual clutter.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

When the hell are they going to remake the Cloud Car??

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Hi, is there any particular etiquette for selling some Lego kits here? I have quite a few that I simply don't have space to ever build, so I'm looking to sell them, and I figured I'd try here before I went to eBay. Once the boxed ones are out of the way I have quite a few open, complete kits (mostly Star Wars) that I'd like to sell too.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just list what you've got and how much you want for them. Work out shipping after because some people might want more than one set and/or boxes and things like that.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Alright, I based these prices on an average from the Bricklink price guides, with a 5/4/1 min/avg/max weighting in favor of the minimums, so most are below average price.

I'm also open to offers.

All sets are new in box.

The Y-Wing, Republic Cruiser, and AAT are actually on eBay right now with no interest, so if anyone wants one of those I'll have to check and cancel the auction if there are still no bids, which I'm fine with doing.

Star Wars 4-5-6:
6212 X-Wing $115
7658 Y-Wing Fighter $105*
7667 Imperial Dropship $35
7668 Rebel Scout Speeder $45

Star Wars Other:
7654 Droids Battle Pack $40
7655 Clone Troopers Battle Pack $50
7665 Republic Cruiser (Limited Edition With R2-R7) $320*
7674 V-19 Torrent $135
7656 General Grievous Starfighter $65
7914 Mandalorian Battle Pack $30
8014 Clone Walker Battle Pack $40
8018 Armored Assault Tank (Clone Wars Blue) $135*
10215 Ultimate Collector's Series Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter $265

Space Police:
5972 Space Police Space Truck Getaway $40
5974 Space Police Galactic Enforcer $130
5982 Space Police Smash 'n' Grab $35

Bionicle:
8954 Bionicle Mazeka $60
8996 Bionicle Skorpio XV-1 $125

Creator and Other:
4996 Creator Beach House $100
5868 Creator Ferocious Creatures (Alligator) $85
7036 Dwarves' Mine $165
7620 Indiana Jones Motorcyle Chase $90
7978 Atlantis Angler Attack $50
10199 Creator Winter Toy Shop $180
76026 Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas $65

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

CommanderApaul posted:

I've seen "Buy 1 get 4 free" deals at Toys R Us for Infinity repeatedly. Then a few weeks later they're back at retail for some reason.

I wouldn't expect them to get that desperate to unload Dimensions. I figure that once they hit 50%, they'll basically vanish except for like the Chima and Ninjago sets. Despite everything, they are still Lego, and lots of Dimensions sets have unique figs or parts that aren't available anywhere else.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Alright, I based these prices on an average from the Bricklink price guides, with a 5/4/1 min/avg/max weighting in favor of the minimums, so most are below average price.

Don't know about all of these but the first one I looked up was the Winter Toy Shop which is still for sale for $80 directly from Lego. Might want to check around and rethink some of your prices.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Yeah maybe people really want that creator beach house new in box but there are ebay listings for it for $30-$40 with no bids

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd recommend going by BL prices. Most people here are savvy enough to check multiple sources for values. Pretty much everything there I could find on BL for much less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd recommend looking at sold eBay auctions too. I regularly see that 7668 battle pack go for about $10-$15 so $45 for it seems super high. I am actually interested in that though at the right price. I'd probably give you around $20 for it since it's nib.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 24, 2017