Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I like Micaiah because she's one of the few Lords to have real flaws that come back to bite her in the rear end.

I like Ike because he's literally a Mercenary who promoted into Hero, in a game where that generic class is conspicuously absent.

Radiant Dawn has a stupid story sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

EthanSteele posted:

i'm gonna play Fates whats the good tips and hints?

Which Fates are you playing

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

EthanSteele posted:

On Birthright get Corrin and Kaze to have an A support before Chapter 15 or he cutscene dies for no reason.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Clarste posted:

Radiant Dawn has a stupid story sometimes.

That it does.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Zore posted:

Still prefer Chrom's stuff with Inigo. Its hilarious even if his support with Olivia is still the weirdest part of the game.

Chrom works so well as his disappointed dad.

I know it’s three pages late, but Henry criticizing Inigo for his actions is amazing.

Most laid back Dad is just beyond disappointed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

EthanSteele posted:

keep in mind that you can't grind levels in conquest unless you buy the exp grinding dlc. you can still grind out supports and stuff tho

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

cheetah7071 posted:

Which Fates are you playing

I dunno yet! Which one is recommended to do first?

Manatee Cannon posted:

keep in mind that you can't grind levels in conquest unless you buy the exp grinding dlc. you can still grind out supports and stuff tho

I'll be getting all the DLC because I'm trash.

Zore posted:

On Birthright get Corrin and Kaze to have an A support before Chapter 15 or he cutscene dies for no reason.

I will do this, thanks for the heads up!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you could try rotating between conquest and birthright every few chapters. birthright is easy like awakening and conquest can be kinda draining

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
FEW supports own https://youtu.be/kIlm0_5aLKU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
When a musou game has more supports than actual fire emblem

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
How does one actually see these support conversations in game, do I have to get past a certain mission, or what?

I've got a bunch of A level support ranks but hell if it means anything to me

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How did they imply Zelgius was a raven branded? Stefan's japanese name is very similar to the lion laguz they mention had a pact with what's her face a long time ago plus his title is Lion Blooded plus it was confirmed in an artbook apparently but I never wondered what half Zelgius was

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Tiki is unfun to play in Warriors.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

EthanSteele posted:

I'll be getting all the DLC because I'm trash.

I'd recommend against getting the exp grinding map at least, even on Conquest it's a waste of money

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Airspace posted:

How does one actually see these support conversations in game, do I have to get past a certain mission, or what?

i unlocked an A support recently and the scene auto-played, but for the life of me i can't remember who it was

i just finished Chapter 10 so if it's plot locked, its not too far in

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Calaveron posted:

How did they imply Zelgius was a raven branded? Stefan's japanese name is very similar to the lion laguz they mention had a pact with what's her face a long time ago plus his title is Lion Blooded plus it was confirmed in an artbook apparently but I never wondered what half Zelgius was

His brand is bird shaped and he has a similar hair color to the other ravens but that's it. I think he's the only Branded to not have his laguz half confirmed by either the games or supplementary materials.

(Petrine is a tiger and Amy is a cat iirc.)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
See, this is fine and funny and very in line with the pretty great Awakening support conversations. I understand though that the Fates support convos veer too wildly into the wacky and random and people were just put off by them

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Leo: "A fashion yes-man is no good to me, I need someone who can speak the truth."

Also Leo: is embarrassed by his fashionista son and sends him to spend his life in the shadow realm

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Huh, so Lucina flat out says she's the same age as Chrom in her support with Cordelia.

Do any other details come out in supports like that?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Calaveron posted:

You saw a flashback from Zelgius’s perspective of him meeting Sephiran and showing him his brand.

E: oh wait specifically Raven. I am dumb

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hinoka and Camilla justify dual audio in that game, Jesus

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

TheKingofSprings posted:

Huh, so Lucina flat out says she's the same age as Chrom in her support with Cordelia.

Do any other details come out in supports like that?

I saw someone mention that Chrom's dad is named (Oskar?) but i haven't seen that support yet

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hinoka and Camilla justify dual audio in that game, Jesus

Hinoka is so bad, so so bad (if you're talking about Warriors)
Not as bad as Tiki though hachi machi

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raserys posted:

Leo: "A fashion yes-man is no good to me, I need someone who can speak the truth."

Also Leo: is embarrassed by his fashionista son and sends him to spend his life in the shadow realm
leo sends his son to the shadow realm before he even has a personality. it's straight out of the womb to the shadow realm

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

WrightOfWay posted:

I don't think the Ashera fight is that bad. There isn't a ton you can do to make bosses interesting in the Fire Emblem (and in SRPGs in general, the only SRPG with straight up good boss fights I am familiar with is a Touhou fan game) and Ashera at least tries. I'll take that over yet another dragon that's just a big bag of hitpoints.

You seem to prefer it to the rest of the boss fights in the series, but at the same time acknowledge that it fails. Endorph has the right of it here.

Endorph posted:

The best way to do fire emblem boss fights is to not have any kind of boss fight whatsoever and just make it a normal map thats extra hard, and have some gimmicks that are flavored as the boss working against your progress through the map.

For instance, Takumi in chapter 10 of Conquest is a great boss fight because its a hard map where he takes action to make the map harder for you by draining the water ways.

This is why Ashnard and FE1/11 Medeus are the best final bosses. Their maps are just normal maps. Ashera, meanwhile, is annoying and has nothing to do with basically any of the tactics or skills required of you in other maps. They still haven't quite gotten the 'enemy boss impeding your progress' thing down, though, since the final bosses of Fates don't actually use the enemy dragon vein mechanic even though it seems tailor made for it.

e: Also, Ashera has this huge glaring thing where you need to stand on certain tiles and the only way to know which ones to stand on on which turn is to either die repeatedly until you can see the pattern or just look it up. At least I don't remember any proper tells in game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The best final boss in the series is Duma and it’s a goddamn mystery that a map as good as that exists in the same game as Echoes’ deserts.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The best final boss in the series is Duma and it’s a goddamn mystery that a map as good as that exists in the same game as Echoes’ deserts.

No, Mystery is the next game. That's just a sidestory.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
speaking of Mystery, its final map was a neat little puzzle though calling it a boss fight would be a stretch

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Airspace posted:

A+ ranks have the scenes, I believe

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

my elise died and it costs a bajillion items to get her back what do I do how do you save scum

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

my elise died and it costs a bajillion items to get her back what do I do how do you save scum

dont play on classic

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
I think the final chapter of Thracia 776 is pretty cool. Of course Veld is a weak boss enemy, but it feels more like the entire stage is the real "last boss", which is more appropriate for Fire Emblem anyway.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Does Lyn have a better combo for forcing the stun gauge to appear than YYYXX?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Corrin's blind optimism is actually kinda endearing outside of her own game.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

tbh I think Lucina's Awakening crit where she makes a giant gently caress off bow out of Falchion is the best

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's a pretty deep cut in and of itself. Of all the things I expected this game to reference, stuff she can do in Code Name: Steam isn't one of them

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

Tiki is unfun to play in Warriors.

she's extremely fun to play once you realize even in dragon form her strong attack 1 transfers warrior gauge to the awakening gauge, so you can just stomp on everyone forever. the ai sucks with her though since they can't use awakening. she's one of my favorites

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've used Tiki a lot because I like her and ultimately I've decided she fills one role very well and is crap at everything else. That one role is defending the allied base in missions where it gets hammered hard (which seems to be about 50% of the history mode missions plus a few of the story ones). With the kind of enemy density you get in those situations she can build enough gauge to transform in a single YYYX and then go one a rampage through a dozen or more enemy commanders

She absolutely requires the enemies to be tightly packed to be effective but she's better than most (all?) other characters in that situation

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like her a lot in the timed onslaught maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Tiki is pretty much a more balanced Young Link (in that her untransformed -> transformed states actually give her strengths and weaknesses like everyone else).

To get the most out of your Tiki, it's also a good idea to promote her and max out the badges that govern the Warrior and Awakening gauges so she can get to her transformed state as fast as possible and stay in transformed state as fast as possible. The other thing to remember with her is that she would rather have someone else fight Chrom/Lucina/Marth due to their prf weapons.

I also think she could be an excellent Pair-Up unit in the Support position since Stone isn't affected by the weapon triangle.

As for me, I prefer my magic users more. They're extremely versatile units.

As for me, I've been busy with the game. I haven't cleared the Story Mode yet, but I have completed every mission in the first three History Modes (except the space-time distortion ones), promoted 15 of the 21 or so people I currently have, unlocked Brave Axes and Brave Tomes, and unlocked the true power of Leo's Brynhildr (which means no decrease from putting a Bane skill on it alongside other perks such as 240 Mt which is equal to a 5-star Brave Tome, and 6 slots to spend on other skills... like Wingslayer for loving over Peg. Knights and Mountslayer for loving over enemy Leos and Elises). My Robin also holds a 5* Brave Tome which he'll keep. At least until DLC comes out, which may release Thoron from the depths of unused data hell so that he gets his own prf weapon.

I have to say, I think the character skills you may consider getting first for every character is Astra (from Ryoma: Fire Emblem Warriors's version of Hasty Attacks), Paragon (from Marth: Boosts EXP gain to such a degree that a Pair-Up unit who acts as the Support and has Paragon equipped gets more EXP than the unit who's actually doing the attacking if that unit also lacks Paragon), and Armored Blow (from Tiki: enemy attacks won't stun you if you're attacking). From there, session to skills that work with the character in the role you want them to do.