Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Cell Dorado is the best loving name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Where's Mystic Cell Dorado LSSGSSJ4KKx20UI Awakened Potential?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cell Dorado is inspired, holy poo poo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lmao I didn't even notice that

do you think he could take red shaggy in a fight

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Red Shaggy SS4 is so good

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

That image makes it clear that Latin American is the Jiren of DBZ fandoms.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Genocyber posted:

We always were. We were into Dragon Ball before the English-speaking fandom existed. We nearly got Resurrection "F" before Japan (but it was delayed because it'd have to compete with Fast and Furious 8).

I'm not entirely sure why this meme exists though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Latinx countries love DBZ. Carlos Latuff drew SSJ3 Goku assfucking one of their presidents because protesters would chant about Goku.

Edit:

quote:

I spent the last 3 weeks in Chile participating of protests against building of a dam in Patagonia by Hidroaysén, students for public education, against anti-terror laws applied to Mapuche. During these demonstrations, it was pretty common to see protesters on the streets chanting "Goku Goku, Super Sayayin, culeate a Piñera por el chiquitin!", something like "Goku Goku, Super Sayayin (Famous Japanese comics character), go gently caress Piñera (Chile's president) in the rear end". Based upon this chant, here's Goku and Piñera, together, in a cartoon. Reproduction is free for everyone! :)

nws: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxPrikjWgAEtbiF.jpg

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

I've always wondered if there was any significance in drawing SSJ3 Goku.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Oh my god that's genius.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blaze Dragon posted:

We always were. We were into Dragon Ball before the English-speaking fandom existed. We nearly got Resurrection "F" before Japan (but it was delayed because it'd have to compete with Fast and Furious 8).

I'm not entirely sure why this meme exists though.

The meme mostly exists because of stupid poo poo like Dragon Ball AF, and all the other insane fan creations set after GT. For my money, I don't credit Latin fandom for all of those creations, but I will say you typically saw these fan stories translated in Spanish more often than finding one translated in English. There was definitely extra effort south of the border.

And goddamn it, I will forever be jealous of the hispanic kids in my town (and I'm sure many more) that could work the button up DBZ dress shirts. My pale rear end simply couldn't look good in one.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Genocyber posted:

I think that one's an /a/ parody of the Latin American fandom but the spirit is still there

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

For those looking forward to more character announcements for Dragon Ball FighterZ, here's some great news for you. Next week, Bandai Namco Games will reveal two new playable characters for the game on IGN's Next Big Game.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kild posted:

For those looking forward to more character announcements for Dragon Ball FighterZ, here's some great news for you. Next week, Bandai Namco Games will reveal two new playable characters for the game on IGN's Next Big Game.

I haven't played a fighting game since Soul Calibur 2 but I am seriously thinking about getting this.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Kild posted:

I'm excited for android 19 and 20

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

dr.acula posted:

I can see at least one of them being in on account of how energy drain lends itself to a character gimmick. Question is: Fat Clown or Old Man?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bushmaori posted:

I can see at least one of them being in on account of how energy drain lends itself to a character gimmick. Question is: Fat Clown or Old Man?

If they put in Dr Gero he could summon other random androids from OG Dragonball & movies in addition to the fat clown as special attacks.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

dr.acula posted:

Gero would be a likely character to appear due to the story honestly. Then again Xenoverse was tied to the demon from Buu Saga and he was a DLC in the second game.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kild posted:

Hell yeah, Tao Pai Pai and Monster Carrot!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Tao Pai Pai is the only explicitly deconfirmed character and it suuucks.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I wonder if Monster Carrot's attack would work against Beerus or other such uber powerful characters.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think it would but you'd just end up with a Candy Vegetto situation where a carrot proceeds to beat the poo poo out of you

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That scene where Tao rides the pillar to Korin's tower has always bothered me. If a single leap gives him enough momentum to catch up to the pillar after throwing it, doesn't that mean he would have made it there faster without the pillar?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TrilliontonNixon posted:

That scene where Tao rides the pillar to Korin's tower has always bothered me. If a single leap gives him enough momentum to catch up to the pillar after throwing it, doesn't that mean he would have made it there faster without the pillar?
Is that the logic you question in this manga?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Pillars have a higher power level than Tao does so they move faster.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Anyone else disappointed how Jiren looks? His face is so generic.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like Jiren's kind of generic look because it sells how little he gives a poo poo about Goku or anything else going on.

Like it works as a contrast to Goku's dynamic form changes IMO.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Jiren is literally Well Goku Was A Crashed Alien Like Superman So What If This OTHER Ultrahuman Is ANOTHER Alien We All Know boom done pay me, because it worked

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I mean Jiren just looks like a generic alien.

(first image when Google image searching "alien".)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Exactly

He's a goddamn Grey

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jiren is by far the least interesting character in Super. Even by the low standards set by this franchise he's an extremely flat character. No personality, no character quirks, nothing. The one off fodder characters have more going for them than he does. He's just a big wall of meat for Goku to punch so that he can show off how big his power level is.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Maybe Jiren is boring and bad...

But he's stronger than Goku and he made him look like a stupid jobber so I love Jiren.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TrilliontonNixon posted:

He doesn't do it because he needs too, he does it because it looks cool.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If Thor is strong enough to swing his hammer around and fly to the other side of the continent why doesn't he just jump

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't know why the Gohan Blanco meme and all of its offshoots are so funny but they really are.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

SSJ4 Red Shaggy is good ... but he's no Ultra Instinct Shaggy

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

This really needs to be on this page as well

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Let's be honest, it should be in the OP too.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Let's be honest, it should be in the OP too.

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I love how up to date it is. That's the sleeper realization that we'll be getting more of these.