Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Tournament of Power has been a whirlwind of emotions ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cran posted:

Caulifla should be the new main character.

If the next movie isn't a universe six adventure starring the U6 Saiyans I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Dias posted:

Goku just wants to have fun fights. He's been taking a breather while he fucks around with the Gay Saiyans, but he's trying to match them otherwise. He even popped into SSJ3.

Super Gaiyans

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
One thing I really liked about this episode was how even though Goku wasn't using super saiyan at first he still had an advantage over Caulifla because he's a more skilled and experienced fighter than her. It's almost like power levels are bullshit.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Did anyone make the super saiyan threesome joke yet

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

TrilliontonNixon posted:

One thing I really liked about this episode was how even though Goku wasn't using super saiyan at first he still had an advantage over Caulifla because he's a more skilled and experienced fighter than her. It's almost like power levels are bullshit.

We just had an episode recently where Jiren's power level was so high that punching him as hard as you could in 90% of the SS forms did not even make him flinch. You cannot have it both ways.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Did anyone make the super saiyan threesome joke yet

Goku's too innocent to be into that.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

socialsecurity posted:

We just had an episode recently where Jiren's power level was so high that punching him as hard as you could in 90% of the SS forms did not even make him flinch. You cannot have it both ways.

I think super has shown you definitely can have it both ways, it's just purely on Toei/Toriyamas discretion

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

socialsecurity posted:

Jiren was also said to be a master martial artist and was noticeably blocking attacks still. I don't really see how that contradicts the point.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

socialsecurity posted:

It's true, Jiren is bad and actively making this show worse just by existing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Jiren is the revenge of the ghost of power levels. He's just really strong and that's it, he is strong.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Crabtree posted:

Jiren is the revenge of the ghost of power levels. He's just really strong and that's it, he is strong.

Yeah, he's really cool.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

socialsecurity posted:

Goku was getting trucked in SSBKKx20 form, but then started to overpower Jiren in base form plus a "slightly faster reaction time" mode.

Power levels are bullshit.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

HitTheTargets posted:

Goku was getting trucked in SSBKKx20 form, but then started to overpower Jiren in base form plus a "slightly faster reaction time" mode.

Power levels are bullshit.

Goku was insanely juiced up on an absorbed spirit bomb when he fought Jiren, aside from the Ultra Instinct he was clearly meant to be physically stronger roo.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I was really worried at the start of this episode it was just going to go back to Monster of the Week poo poo, where someone at Toei was like 'wait people think Caulifla is really strong and could be a match for Goku if she gets training? We need to have Base Form Goku smash her so we don't scare the kids that someone besides Jiren and Goku is strong'.

But then nah, Caulifla continued to grow stronger and started going even with Goku at the same SS level. Feels good and nice.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
While it's really obvious Goku is just doing the "give Cell a Senzu Bean" trick because he wants a fun fight to decompress after the Jiren assbeating, I couldn't help but wonder how funny it would be if he was deliberately teasing Kale and Caulifla with SS3 while knowing that it's a garbage form that drains too much energy. That "whoops looks like I slipped into SS3 for a sec there, heh *immediately drops the form*" looked so much like him dangling bait that it made me laugh.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

socialsecurity posted:

It explicitly can have it both ways? Like the whole moral of Super is 'You Have No Limits and Technique is Better Than Pure Strength' and Jiren is the ultimate test of that creed. Jiren is Overwhelming Strength personified and Goku caught up to him with an imperfect technique. He'll ultimately beat him with a perfected version of it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kanos posted:

While it's really obvious Goku is just doing the "give Cell a Senzu Bean" trick because he wants a fun fight to decompress after the Jiren assbeating, I couldn't help but wonder how funny it would be if he was deliberately teasing Kale and Caulifla with SS3 while knowing that it's a garbage form that drains too much energy. That "whoops looks like I slipped into SS3 for a sec there, heh *immediately drops the form*" looked so much like him dangling bait that it made me laugh.

Goku genuinely loves martial arts and fighting strong opponents way too much to ever deliberately give bad technique advice and win by default. LSSJ3 will probably be Kefura's downfall though, especially given the famous reliability of fusion techniques.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

Jiren is insanely strong but they also spend the entire fight with him and Goku talking about how they're both master martial artists who are testing and pushing each other and he matches Goku punch for punch even in Instinct mode. He's pretty blatantly also supposed to be a really good fighter in addition to strong. In comparison they spent this episode talking about how even in SSJ, Caulfla couldn't keep up with Goku until she moved away from brawling to actual fighting.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

multijoe posted:

Goku genuinely loves martial arts and fighting strong opponents way too much to ever deliberately give bad technique advice and win by default. LSSJ3 will probably be Kefura's downfall though, especially given the famous reliability of fusion techniques.

If the fusion only lasts 15 minutes, that's still plenty of time at the going rate.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This feels like it's Universe 6's last stand. Their strongest 2 fighters are going against Goku with their secret technique and the only other people they have left are the 2 namekians. Unless they throw us a curve ball and Golu actually loses and gets eliminated or the namekians have something super special up their sleeves, I don't think Universe 6 is lasting much longer. :ohdear:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

If the fusion only lasts 15 minutes, that's still plenty of time at the going rate.

I was gonna bring up that they seem to be using the Potara earrings but then I remembered that they retconned how those work. But yeah 15 minutes is going to be the next 5-10 episodes so we should have plenty of Kafla assuming she doesn't immediately job.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Blockhouse posted:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=23434

jesus look at all those video game/movie dubbing roles

It's funny that the three most relevant girls in this arc all voiced a Precure.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Vegito Blue: 15 minutes eh? More than enough time to deal with crybaby loser *three minutes and a kai attack later* dang it Gowasu ....

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kaleifla is just gonna be the angriest, cockiest punchlady in existence

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Potara is supposed to last an hour for non Kais.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

She gone go full Gotenks

You should never go full Go- they went ssj3 they went full gotenks you IDIOT VEGETABLES

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
This episode was good because:

- The greatest form ssj3 was the holy grail for the best saiyans
- Goku struggled for ssj2
- Yellow ssj felt relevant and powerful
- Confidence Kale is strong as gently caress and also Goku's student now

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Goku was originally just trying to help get Caulifla and Kale stronger, but realized he could get something out of it too when they proved to be better at fighting than he assumed. I actually really like Goku as this sort of mentor. Also, he says they could go even beyond Super Saiyan 3, which really makes me want them to pull 4 out their rear end, but that probably won't happen.

Blockhouse posted:

she was there all along

Mother fucker

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Unfortunately there's only five Saiyans left so they can't bootstrap Kale to goddessdom.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

hoooooly gently caress they had Kale and Caulifla's fusion in the open the whole time! that's so great! I also liked the cold open that they did, that was kinda cool

Goku will probably win this fight, or we might get to see Vegito Blue again which would be fun

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Once fused do they have to keep the earrings on? Or can Goku borrow it?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Potara is supposed to last an hour for non Kais.
I don't know why but any sort of you are so strong it didn't last as long as it should have! in media is always cool to me.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Episode 116: Goku steals the Potara from Kafla, offers one to Vegeta but he refuses because of course he does so Goku goes with Plan B.

Episode 117: Ultra Instinct Pickleku

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

Once fused do they have to keep the earrings on? Or can Goku borrow it?

At the very least, the Kaioshin fusions could take them off without undoing the fusion, but theirs is permanent. We don't know how it'd work on a mortal fusion, but as far as we know at least, the only things that should undo it are the time limit and a wish on the Dragon Balls.

Also people, Kale + Caulifla. Kafla, not Keifura.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
a goku gohan fusion would have very confused feelings about chichi

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Raserys posted:

a goku gohan fusion would have very confused feelings about chichi

Seems like both would remember living in terror?

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
from when beerus asked how much time was left to the end of the episode only a minute passed. they're really getting the most out of every second huh?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Wasn't 30 minutes remaining like at the end of last ep lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Mr. Unlucky posted:

from when beerus asked how much time was left to the end of the episode only a minute passed. they're really getting the most out of every second huh?

With Freeza in attendance we are back to Namek Standard Time.