Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

chiasaur11 posted:

Mass production only might be another good one. Maybe civilian use?

I think repurposed for civilian use is a fun one to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Just in case anyone here was looking for a cheap SoC GX-72 Megazord: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bandai-Tama...tkAAOSwjkdZ-q4v

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Red Bones posted:

I think repurposed for civilian use is a fun one to do.
Yeah, allows for a lot of creativity.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

Just in case anyone here was looking for a cheap SoC GX-72 Megazord: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bandai-Tama...tkAAOSwjkdZ-q4v

Keep in mind that it has a few flaws compared to other SOC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxGlisk2ulU

It's still good, but has some of the issues you'd expect from a combiner toy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

Keep in mind that it has a few flaws compared to other SOC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxGlisk2ulU

It's still good, but has some of the issues you'd expect from a combiner toy.
I know this was supposed to be about the toys, but gently caress, this guy is hilarious.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

I know this was supposed to be about the toys, but gently caress, this guy is hilarious.

Yeah he's a pretty fun reviewer. Goes a little overboard with memes sometimes but that's more because of his fanbase. He doesn't do a ton of gunpla reviews but he does cover plenty of model kits and high-end figures.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

Yeah he's a pretty fun reviewer. Goes a little overboard with memes sometimes but that's more because of his fanbase. He doesn't do a ton of gunpla reviews but he does cover plenty of model kits and high-end figures.
I've watched a couple more of his reviews now, and I agree, but also, his sense of comedic timing is flawless, and I'm already subscribed. So, if nothing else, that post did accomplish something? :confuoot:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there a decent Woundwort model or just the third party one? I love that suit even if it is a part of the 'endless prototype' parts of the UC I dislike.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Nov 2, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's looking like the theme for the second ever C-SPAM Gunpla Challenge will be "The Nixon Years"

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's looking like the theme for the second ever C-SPAM Gunpla Challenge will be "The Nixon Years"

I really wanted to take part in the first but couldn't find a hi-mock in time; I'm glad to hear this dumb thing that combines two of my favorite things (plastic addiction, being mad at politics online) will continue

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

are there any gundams with heads shaped a bit like roger stone's?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

are there any gundams with heads shaped a bit like roger stone's?

Gyan maybe

DKD
Dec 25, 2011
John McCain gundam crash- landing into White Base

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had an idea that I'm not gonna use so one of you guys can take it if you want. Curtis LeMay GP02

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
What's the Gundam equivalent of the Osrey or F-35? Just a giant boondoggle mobile suit that got shoved through a corrupt acquisitions process that cost billions of space-dollars and kills it's pilots.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pierson posted:

What's the Gundam equivalent of the Osrey or F-35? Just a giant boondoggle mobile suit that got shoved through a corrupt acquisitions process that cost billions of space-dollars and kills it's pilots.

The Zudah?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pierson posted:

The Leo.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pierson posted:

The ZZ

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Pierson posted:

A lot of the Titans inventory counts for this. So much of it is just weirdo experimental stuff that's bankrolled on the premise that maybe this thing will be the magic bullet that defeats AEUG but just ends up getting smashed to pieces like the one before it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Come to think of it, IGLOO is almost entirely about those sorts of projects.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Pierson posted:

Literally any Zeon prototype, really. Those things are born to die.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You can say the Tallgeese too. Or the Wing Zero.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The Gerbera Tetra, an aborted Gundam design retooled into a zeonic machine and then given to the Delaz Fleet/Cima as a way to curry favor with both side in the hope of making a quick buck. Really a lot of AE stuff probably fits, that or some late war Zeon production.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
A Leo with a bunch of silly poo poo stapled to it would probably fit the bill; it was a competent workhorse suit that the effeme char cosplay character made a team of ridiculous astrology suits around. Basically taking something suitable for one role (cheap grunt suit that wont fall apart at a glance) and trying to shove it in space, in the air, in the water, as a hotrod, as a water heater, etc.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah the Leo fits. I should probably have asked in the actual Gundam thread but Gundams made by a Nixon government was too funny an idea to pass up. :v:

Imagining this scene but with robits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
The Sazabi :aaa:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The only Leo kits are pissssssssss though.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Midjack posted:

The only Leo kits are pissssssssss though.

You're not wrong, however the Tallgeese is 1) one of the most inexpensive MG kits 2) really easy to build (i.e good beginner fodder) and 3) basically the Leo from the chest down. The biggest hurdle is just the head; I know there's ebay sellers offering Leo heads, but it would be better to have something easier and more reliable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH2TAK9pI9k

I really wish this guy was willing to mold and sell his custom head, he certainly has the casting experience for it.

GoBob
Jul 31, 2008

I forget who actually made these, but you can get Leo conversion parts printed here. Looks like you can get some prototype space parts now.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/RazorConcepts

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
My Perfect Grade Millenium Falcon arrived today. The box is...sizable.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Neo Zeong but with a Nixon action figure where the Sinanju goes.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Third Build Fighters TV series reportedly incoming. Prepare yer buttholes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bimmi posted:

Third Build Fighters TV series reportedly incoming. Prepare yer buttholes.

Please, please say the original director is back... :ohdear:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
If I knew I would tell you. I also hope they don't let NAOKI anywhere near it.

I mean, I hated BF when all was said and done, but if it gets us more cool poo poo like the GM/GM and that new GN-X thing then I'll quietly tolerate its existence.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Pierson posted:

Yeah the Leo fits. I should probably have asked in the actual Gundam thread but Gundams made by a Nixon government was too funny an idea to pass up. :v:

Imagining this scene but with robits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

That is quite literally the ZZ Gundam.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Oh sweet, there's a GN-X IV kit!

Oh poo poo it's P-Bandai.

Are there any good options for P-Bandai in the UK? This would be my first attempt to get one?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

BizarroAzrael posted:

Oh sweet, there's a GN-X IV kit!

Oh poo poo it's P-Bandai.

Are there any good options for P-Bandai in the UK? This would be my first attempt to get one?

Samuel Decal on Facebook, use one of those shopping services, http://www.gundammad.co.uk/home.php can order them for you as well. It'd probably be worth asking in the UK Gunpla Group as well.

At this point we need a goon who lives in Japan we can order these things through.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Southern California Gundam Model Competition is Saturday, for any LA area people.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I need help - this obviously isn't a gundam, but what mech is this? My friend sent me these images that she found a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

I need help - this obviously isn't a gundam, but what mech is this? My friend sent me these images that she found a few years ago.

Anubis from zone of the enders. This is kotobukiya's model kit.