Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Nessus posted:

Are we sure Goku is literate?

Roshi did teach Goku and Krillin some stuff as kids. I don' think we know what it was, but I assume some sort of basic numeracy/literacy type stuff. But then Goku has also been hit in the brain by things which would crack planets.
So my answer is no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Bushmaori posted:

Roshi did teach Goku and Krillin some stuff as kids. I don' think we know what it was, but I assume some sort of basic numeracy/literacy type stuff. But then Goku has also been hit in the brain by things which would crack planets.
So my answer is no.
I assume Krillin, being a monk, probably already knew how to read.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Krillin is also a police officer, so I imagine he has to file paperwork.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they had to take a test to participate in the u6/u7 tournament and goku passed; he can read

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lunatic Sledge posted:

They're going to say that, because the World of Void is outside reality, conventional time and space doesn't apply to it. The potaro fusion will last as long as it needs to (please ignore all other instances of time being relevant in this tournament)

Fusion lasts half an hour, and there is less than half an hour left in the tournament.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fusion time is shorter when you're making GBS threads out power, unless you want to pretend like vegito blue fought zamasu for a full hour before defusing. that'd be some reverse namek time right there

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
As long as they don't go SSj3 they should be fine. I am sure they are not as powerful as Vegitto Blue.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Rutibex posted:

As long as they don't go SSj3 they should be fine. I am sure they are not as powerful as Vegitto Blue.

It's being telegraphed super hard that they'll at least try though

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Even if they don't (which seems unlikely), Legendary Super Saiyan is pretty close to it, can't imagine the Fusion won't fizzle out pretty quick if Kafla uses that.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

best part is still Gogeta doing the Mega Man X charge buster noise.
god Fusion Reborn is so good, I should give it another watch

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Legendary Super Saiyan 3 somehow negates all the shortcomings of regular SS3 and actually turns it into a useful form.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Well I hear the Heroes manga treats SSJ3 Broly as what they call in when someone needs to have everything ever squashed at the same time with zero effort.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what if legendary ss3 has eyebrows

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Rhonne posted:

Legendary Super Saiyan 3 somehow negates all the shortcomings of regular SS3 and actually turns it into a useful form.

Super Saiyan 3 is a huge energy hog, but Legendary Super Saiyan can't stop gaining energy. It's the perfect union.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

IceBorg posted:

why does freeza need a suit???

Because it makes for very cool toys.

Also Korean preview is out and Kafla is more powerful than Goku as a Super Saiyan Blue, which was expected. She'll likely be the one to push him to full UI for the eventual Jiren rematch.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I feel bad for Gohan to get him to go SS2 they had multiple people murdered in front of him, these new Saiyans are just like "oh my back tingles"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hey only android 16 had to die; the rest were just getting beaten up by babies. krillin had to die for goku to go super saiyan as well

then you have goten and trunks getting it for free and they're way younger than the u6 saiyans. gotenks could go ss3 by default even

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They put loving Candy Vegito in that stupid card game

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Because it makes for very cool toys.

Also Korean preview is out and Kafla is more powerful than Goku as a Super Saiyan Blue, which was expected. She'll likely be the one to push him to full UI for the eventual Jiren rematch.

That should just be super obvious.

Kale is already stronger than SSB Goku by a loving ton. While Cauli isn't boosting Kale as much as Vegeta can boost Goku, she's STILL adding a lot of power because Fusions are broken as gently caress. Kafla would likely be a good match for Jiren at this point. Remember, Kale going out of control is what made Jiren act first, and she basically shrugged off his attack after she came to. The only reason it rocked her as hard as it did was because he hit her from behind without her even defending. Kale is stupid strong, she just has to get control of that power.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

I feel bad for Gohan to get him to go SS2 they had multiple people murdered in front of him, these new Saiyans are just like "oh my back tingles"

No, that was just regular Super Saiyan. It took Kale going Berserk to push Caulifla to SS2 and she wasn't able to replicate it until fighting Goku later and it took the threats against his universe and friends to drive Cabba to SS2.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ImpAtom posted:

No, that was just regular Super Saiyan. It took Kale going Berserk to push Caulifla to SS2 and she wasn't able to replicate it until fighting Goku later and it took the threats against his universe and friends to drive Cabba to SS2.

It seems consistent that for SS2 you need to have people killed/threatened in front of you who you just met.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

It seems consistent that for SS2 you need to have people killed/threatened in front of you who you just met.

except for vegeta, goku, and caulifla during the tournament you mean

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

socialsecurity posted:

Cabba rage boosted SSJ. He was really bad at getting Caulifla to do the same so she told him to explain how he does it without getting mad and was able to do it (but not on the first try!). Then she went SS2 to save his life when Kale tried to vaporize him, not from back tingles. Goku taught her how to replicate it when they fought the first time, and since she had been there before it wasn't that hard to do anymore. Then Cabba got SS2 through another rage boost when the u4 bowling ball started threatening his waifus.

Manatee Cannon posted:

except for vegeta, goku, and caulifla during the tournament you mean

I mean, if we're counting going SS2 after already attaining it previously you can throw Gohan on the list too since he went SS2 at the WMAT

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 2, 2017

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Seriously, why is this thread trying to get me into Scooby Doo?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

So Shaggy is Jiren in this scenario? Good to see the artist knows their canon.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

socialsecurity posted:

It's kind of like when Roger Bannister broke the 4 minute mile. It was a huge deal at the time because no one had done it before, and no one was sure it was even possible. It has since become the standard for distance runners because knowing something is attainable makes it much easier to attain.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

whats their placement in the tier list?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Is it confirmed that Kafla's a Potara Fusion, rather than the dance or some new method?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

Is it confirmed that Kafla's a Potara Fusion, rather than the dance or some new method?

She has to be Potara. She doesn't have the funky genie outfit that Dance users get.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Spiritus Nox posted:

You can literally see the Potara on her, so yes.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

You can literally see the Potara on her, so yes.

Heh, oops.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So what happens if Vegito and Kalifla do the fusion dance but then the Potara fusion runs out before the fusion dance does?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

What happens if Ginyu switches bodies with a fusion then then it unfuses?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rhonne posted:

Fusions answers that one. Or well, makes sure it can't happen, all the fusions have the Body Change Block ability.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
We should not go down these paths

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rhonne posted:

that's how his species reproduces. meet ginyu's sons, gin and yuu

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Okay, okay, so hear me out here:

There are Eight Namekians. Each of them fuse together into two Namekians, leaving you with four. Two pairs of those four Namekians fuse using Potara Earrings, and then those two fusions do the fusion dance. Then Captain Ginyu steals their body but before they unfuse he splits himself into all his good and all his evil like Kami did. Then all the time limits resolve at once. Solve for X.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ImpAtom posted:

So what happens if Vegito and Kalifla do the fusion dance but then the Potara fusion runs out before the fusion dance does?

They quadruple in mass, thus inadvertently turning into Fat Vegoflale in the middle of their fight with Grande Padre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

What if Shaggy fuses with Red Shaggy?