Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Oh thank God I guessed right and they’re ending it soon, supposedly

Like tell me with a moments thought this isn’t how you set up post-Goku with a new generation and finally annihilate GT from existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is it a thing in Japan to never ever replace voice actors even in death? Didn't King Kai's VA die? Just... hire someone else to do Goku, his voice isn't the big draw (but it is cool).

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is it a thing in Japan to never ever replace voice actors even in death? Didn't King Kai's VA die? Just... hire someone else to do Goku, his voice isn't the big draw (but it is cool).

King Kai's VA is still alive, just really old and frail. But yeah Japan is really weird about recasting.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEO4eKwoM08

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Holy poo poo pro click

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That thumbnail is creepy.

I forgot the voice actors are really old in Japan. The only problem is they've poorly developed characters like Goten and Trunks. Pan could be interesting but I fear they'd start retreading old ground fast. I'd rather they just end the series already at a good time than this be another Simpsons, though some think we're already in that territory.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I never want Dragon ball to end some day I wanna watch Goku get so strong he becomes larger than the universe to kick at an evil black hole and then because that form is inefficient he becomes small again but even stronger somehow.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

What they ought to do is find a sound-alike and let them cut their teeth on Goten and Gohan.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Masako Nozawa recently said in an interview roundabout episode 100 that she was ready for another 100 episodes so unless she's just being a sunny funny old lady, that's not gonna be an issue

That being said, if we're going to start recasting people, would it be too much to ask for a Hunter x Hunter-esque full remake of the series with y'know... not poo poo pacing, consistent production values, that sorta thing?

Maybe even some actual artistic direction, like the best episodes of Super, instead of just a buncha glossy HD nonsense like the bad episodes of Super?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

If you imagine that the movie retreads don't exist that's mostly what you get. The only massive issues are the fact that they drag out the Goku Black saga a bit with returning to the past way too much. Along with, like, the sniper episode of the ToP I guess.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there's a fair amount of filler and slow pacing in super beyond the retreads

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

This is so earnest lol

What in tarnation

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Fartbox posted:

This is so earnest lol

What in tarnation

Given the level of effort the author mistakenly put into this I'm guessing this is a genuine Gohan Blanco fanwork and not an ironic meme video

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

multijoe posted:

Given the level of effort the author mistakenly put into this I'm guessing this is a genuine Gohan Blanco fanwork and not an ironic meme video

Por que no los dos

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

I'm the uncompressed 24kbps explosion sound effect

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

the comments posted:

ESTO ES EL FIN JIREN

the comments posted:

Gohan contra el diablo trump 😆😆
Gohan gana
folla a tu puta de la pared 🔫🔫
sí sí sí sí sí 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Manatee Cannon posted:

there's a fair amount of filler and slow pacing in super beyond the retreads

But the Battle of Gods retelling with God Satan and Beebus needs to stay.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

not all filler is bad. they cut some stuff I liked out of the buu saga anime in kai and I'd be bummed to see the baseball episode go in super

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/926828921680572416

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

Masako Nozawa recently said in an interview roundabout episode 100 that she was ready for another 100 episodes so unless she's just being a sunny funny old lady, that's not gonna be an issue

That being said, if we're going to start recasting people, would it be too much to ask for a Hunter x Hunter-esque full remake of the series with y'know... not poo poo pacing, consistent production values, that sorta thing?

Maybe even some actual artistic direction, like the best episodes of Super, instead of just a buncha glossy HD nonsense like the bad episodes of Super?

Sure, just have a company acquire it that's not Toei

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

It would have made more sense for them to do this to dragon ball/z than super but that trains not coming back for atleast another decade.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Ahh, half translated things sending the fandom into panic.

Dragonball really is back. :allears:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

food for thought: if they end super and go back to releasing movies the fight scenes will be way better

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

If there's one thing super has been lacking lately, its high quality fight scenes, agreed.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I can't want to see the movie version of the Water Vegeta arc, where the enemy is....Green Water Vegeta.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The ToP is just heating up? It's going run through until March? Cripes, I thought we approaching the wrap up at this point, is it actually going to run on into a direct confrontation with the Gods?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

multijoe posted:

The ToP is just heating up? It's going run through until March? Cripes, I thought we approaching the wrap up at this point, is it actually going to run on into a direct confrontation with the Gods?

Neither Shaggy has appeared yet, so we still have a ways to go.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Jiren still has to have his son

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The time limit will be revoked when Goku asks the Zenos to let him finish his fight with Jiren or something, and we'll see it keep going for a while

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Ep 114 Preview:

Bang.

See You Space Warrior...

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Finally the Yuyu Hakusho crossover I’ve been waiting for

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

SSG is so drat good, why oh why did blue raspberry win over cherry

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

og super saiyan has always been cool even with a weird pallete swap

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

SSG owns.
SSGSS is pretty cool because it's still the iconic design. Also the "shell breaking" effect they use on the fancy powerups is great.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Red god is Toriyama's shoutout to DeviantArt for all the terrible Gakus they've made over the years

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

multijoe posted:

Only two of the eight universes have been erased, and only three of U7's fighters have dropped. Granted, no enemies besides Toppo and maybe Ribrianne will get full on spotlight episodes, but the good guys (and Freeza) sure as poo poo are. They could easily go to mid-January even if only things that happen are fighters dropping out.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
To be honest at this point I wouldn't be surprised if 5 or more members of U7 survive the tournament and significant numbers of them don't even do anything more then what they've already done.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tournament of power is gonna be an insanely long arc huh

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

with daisuki dead where's the best place to watch super now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's free, legal, and simulcast on crunchyroll