Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Re: king yemma I always had the headcanon that there was some intrinsic property to being dead that left you under Yemma's judgement and subject to his rulings. All the talk about how strong he actually was in a fight I took as generally outside the realm of his job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

lmao

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

reignofevil posted:

Re: king yemma I always had the headcanon that there was some intrinsic property to being dead that left you under Yemma's judgement and subject to his rulings. All the talk about how strong he actually was in a fight I took as generally outside the realm of his job.

Yeah, pretty much. It's like how the Devilmite Beam could potentially kill anyone, regardless of how strong they are.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Saagonsa posted:

I mean, in theory they are, but we've already seen that isn't really the case. At least, Whis's actions with his rewind haven't been very neutral.

C'mon, you know the Dragon Ball rules. Food is the most important thing, then honour (or, if you're 17, pragmatism for nice boats). Whis merely did what he had to to protect food.

There's no food at risk with Freeza as Emperor of the Multiverse, thus there is no extreme reason to break honour and rules to stop him.

reignofevil posted:

Same. My own headcanon of him beating Raditz was basically "I beat the poo poo out of (the completely helpless soul that used to be) Raditz". It makes the whole scene funnier honestly, seeing a little soul with no actual limbs just trying to break everything to escape, Candy Vegetto-style but with far less success.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Blaze Dragon posted:

There's no food at risk with Freeza as Emperor of the Multiverse, thus there is no extreme reason to break honour and rules to stop him.
There's no way Frieza's first order of business won't be to destroy Earth, both of them, and all of their delicious food.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
It's funny that DBZ made the portara fusion out to be this godly, mystical, super-powerful and rare fusion while the fusion dance is easy enough that two eight year olds can learn it in a day. And yet, we're now up to 5 canon portara fusions while Gotenks remains the only dance fusion to be seen.

Thinking about this has made me realize that number one of my wish list for things I want to see from Super is Goku and either Vegeta or Freeza using Ultra Instinct against a stronger foe, and performing the fusion dance before either fighter realizes what's happening. Like, have it dawn on them what they just did right after their fingers touch.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

It's funny that DBZ made the portara fusion out to be this godly, mystical, super-powerful and rare fusion while the fusion dance is easy enough that two eight year olds can learn it in a day. And yet, we're now up to 5 canon portara fusions while Gotenks remains the only dance fusion to be seen.

Thinking about this has made me realize that number one of my wish list for things I want to see from Super is Goku and either Vegeta or Freeza using Ultra Instinct against a stronger foe, and performing the fusion dance before either fighter realizes what's happening. Like, have it dawn on them what they just did right after their fingers touch.

Ultra Ohshitstinct

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I want the saiyan girls to be the ones who take frieza out. It just seems fair. He's been a big jerk to the universe 6 saiyans. (Not that I give a gently caress about Cabba screw him.)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
There is almost 0% chance any Saiyan takes out Freeza

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Frieza is going to Buu saga Super Saiyan 3 timeout himself in Golden Mode fighting Jiren on a surprisingly equal level (because plot), imo.

When he goes, it'll be a bad day, he's so glorious.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
https://cosplay.kotaku.com/the-best-dragon-ball-cosplayer-in-the-world-1820208210

I never thought about how loving creepy some of these characters would look in real life..

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

https://cosplay.kotaku.com/the-best-dragon-ball-cosplayer-in-the-world-1820208210

I never thought about how loving creepy some of these characters would look in real life..

whis :swoon:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Herms put up spoilers for the next few eps. Goku uses UI against Kafla, apparently going above "Omen" this time. He ends up tired again, leaving him a target for U2. 17 and 18 face U2, and then another Universe gets Erased (U2, probably, so there's no more Love).

Oh, and Kafla made every universe realize that they could be using their own Potara too.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh, and Kafla made every universe realize that they could be using their own Potara too.

loving lol if every universe remaining except U7 uses fusion

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Unless 17 and 18 take out all five people left on that team in two episodes by themselves, it's probably U6 going.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

It’s great the U6 girls get to be UI fodder!
Goku gets UI in 116 unless they focus on other fights

:)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Haha, good stuff. Well predicted, that must be cathartic.

Justin_Brett posted:

Unless 17 and 18 take out all five people left on that team in two episodes by themselves, it's probably U6 going.
I can see the former happening. I mean, after all, Goku and Vegeta cleaned up the furry universe pretty drat well didn't they?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It seems like a waste not to have Kefla Throw down with Jiren at some point, given Kale was the one who kept bugging him and was the one who made him do something first and foremost.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Burkion posted:

It seems like a waste not to have Kefla Throw down with Jiren at some point, given Kale was the one who kept bugging him and was the one who made him do something first and foremost.

:agreed:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Can't believe Jiren and Toppo are going to fuse

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

gently caress Ribrianne

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kashuno posted:

oh god, their fusion is going to look like El Tio.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I imagine Jirpo looking exactly like Jiren but with a gigantic mustache.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm happy about that set of spoilers, I'unno about you.

Goku having to pull off UI again to beat (?) the Legendary Super Saiyalesbians is gonna be fun, and then we get Android Bros probably wrecking some stupid magical girls again. Also I can't believe Gohan and Piccolo are gonna do Potara Fusion now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kashuno posted:

Again, Toppo Jijio is a powerful being.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I imagine Jirpo looking exactly like Jiren but with a gigantic mustache.

We can only hope Jirpo has a giant mustache and beer gut.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blaze Dragon posted:

Herms put up spoilers for the next few eps. Goku uses UI against Kafla, apparently going above "Omen" this time. He ends up tired again, leaving him a target for U2. 17 and 18 face U2, and then another Universe gets Erased (U2, probably, so there's no more Love).

Wow so Goku's plan to restore his stamina by getting double teamed by super saiyans didn't work after all. Who could have guessed?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Wow so Goku's plan to restore his stamina by getting double teamed by super saiyans didn't work after all. Who could have guessed?

No, it sounds like it works. He goes UI again. It just means he needs to get his arse kicked again afterwards.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

If the spoilers are right, and U2 is really erased, I'll be satisfied. I've been itching to see another Universe get eliminated, and Ribrianne has just been an annoyance, let's be honest.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i hope future iterations of UI retain the loving insanely weird primal atmosphere that came with the first one

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
It just hit me that the arena is supposed to be made of some stupidly strong material, isn't it? Now any scrub that made it this far can shatter it like glass..

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

It just hit me that the arena is supposed to be made of some stupidly strong material, isn't it? Now any scrub that made it this far can shatter it like glass..

This is why the universes must be cleansed

They are growing too strong

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I laughed when the grand priest said the stage would definitely be strong enough. Not in my Dragon ball it won't be.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Justin_Brett posted:

I will be immensely, monumentally salty if that is the case.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

New Leaf posted:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

If the spoilers are right, and U2 is really erased, I'll be satisfied. I've been itching to see another Universe get eliminated, and Ribrianne has just been an annoyance, let's be honest.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

gently caress Ribrianne

:rolleyes: Oh gently caress off.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

those gods of destruction did one helluva job buffing out the weak spots

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

khwarezm posted:

:rolleyes: Oh gently caress off.

No, her gimmick got old awhile ago. She's a one dimensional character who can't seem to talk about anything but love.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

seiferguy posted:

No, her gimmick got old awhile ago. She's a one dimensional character who can't seem to talk about anything but love.

i mean goku cant talk about anything but fighting i dont see the issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Kelp Plankton posted:

i mean goku cant talk about anything but fighting i dont see the issue

I mean,

Many people get bored of Goku power hours too.