Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

SpacePig posted:

Basically nobody in this thing is good enough for Bakugo but Kirishima. 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

I read the first five chapters of vigilantes and it did nothing for me

Same, the early chapters are pretty much nothing.

But the later chapters do become pretty neat and I started to enjoy it. It's not about death defying action, it's closer to slice of life, and once it finds that niche it starts to work, at least for me.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It wouldn't be for the sake of a twist, it'd be because their romance is so perfunctory that averting it would almost be a relief. Plus Horikoshi's averted shonen tropes before like "getting injured just makes you stronger" and "the mentor dies" (maybe)

To be fair, getting himself injured is making him stronger right now! And he has needed to injure himself for like half of his major fights in the series.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

To be fair, getting himself injured is making him stronger right now! And he has needed to injure himself for like half of his major fights in the series.

Deku should look into a fighting style that appreciates constantly breaking your bones

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RareAcumen posted:

Deku should look into a fighting style that appreciates constantly breaking your bones

That's basically what OFAFC100% + Eri is. A fighting style where you constantly break everything and then it auto-heals so it's no big deal.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

RareAcumen posted:

This is where I make an MMA joke that only Keven appreciates

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yeah MHA doesn't really subvert tropes, it sometimes acknowledges them but nothing really happens besides someone saying please don't do that again.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah MHA doesn't really subvert tropes, it sometimes acknowledges them but nothing really happens besides someone saying please don't do that again.

Someone in the thread pointed out earlier that Iida at least consistently doesn't use his injured hand anymore and does all of his weird hand movements with his other hand now. Which is legitimately neat because I thought that bit was just completely forgotten about.

Deku still does as Deku does though

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was reading Vigilantes and I had a thought. Koichi's power requires him to make at least three points of contact with the ground and he does this by using his hands and feet. What I'm wondering is if he can use his knees as well because if he can, then he could be called the Kneeler.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm uncertain of this, but I was under the impression the three points of contact was just the only way he could reasonably expect to keep his balance.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I don't expect Bakugo and Uraraka to end up together, but if it does end up happening I'd at least be cool with it because the one big interaction they've had left Bakugo with some respect for her, and that's already leagues better than how Sasuke and Sakura were handled in Naruto.

Akett fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Nov 8, 2017

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Akett posted:

I don't expect Bakugo and Uraraka to end up together, but if it does end up happening I'd at least be cool with it because the one big interaction they've had left Bakugo with some respect for her, and that's already leagues better than how Sasuke and Sakura were handled in Naruto.
Naruto is basically a banner case in how to give female characters the short shrift. Also apparently being essentially a stalker is rewarded.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fabricated posted:

Naruto is basically a banner case in how to give female characters the short shrift. Also apparently being essentially a stalker is rewarded.

I assume you are talking about Hinata but that isnt really what happened. Calling her a stalker is huge stretch.

The big bad is literally a woman who doesn't speak so most of her plan is relayed through her son tho.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

CharlestheHammer posted:

I assume you are talking about Hinata but that isnt really what happened. Calling her a stalker is huge stretch.

The big bad is literally a woman who doesn't speak so most of her plan is relayed through her son tho.

I'd assumed it referred to Sakura.

Then again she didn't really "win".

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

didn't sakura try to do a murder/suicide thing with sasuke near the end and had to get bailed out by kakashi and naruto

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I actually would kinda like to see horikoshi say "gently caress it," fly right at the sun, and have deku and toga become A Thing, just to see how that would completely upend every major character dynamic in the series

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
How would you even remotely make that work, though? Like, maybe it's been too long since I've flexed my 'fanfic logic' muscles, but while Toga has a thing for Deku (insofar as she can actually love someone and not just experience a serial killer-style obsession), she's still a mentally unstable serial killer. Even beyond the problem of "She is going to jail and/or a mental health facility, what would draw Deku to her? Don't get me wrong, I love batshit fanfiction pairings, so please outline a way to do it, I just can't see it on my own.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

didn't sakura try to do a murder/suicide thing with sasuke near the end and had to get bailed out by kakashi and naruto

I think she just wanted to kill him. But she is a female character in Naruto so she couldn't pull it off.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

She was gonna kill him but that part of the arc had her change her mind like 5 times and she never even comes close to succeeding.

The Lord of Hats posted:

How would you even remotely make that work, though? Like, maybe it's been too long since I've flexed my 'fanfic logic' muscles, but while Toga has a thing for Deku (insofar as she can actually love someone and not just experience a serial killer-style obsession), she's still a mentally unstable serial killer. Even beyond the problem of "She is going to jail and/or a mental health facility, what would draw Deku to her? Don't get me wrong, I love batshit fanfiction pairings, so please outline a way to do it, I just can't see it on my own.

Through the oldest trick in the book, the heroes good dick fixes her.

Please don't do that.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The easiest way imo would just have midoriya straight up be attracted to her and have this interfere with his ability to seal the deal when they have a direct conflict, and then build from there when you inevitably have them interact in a non-combat situation. It'd be fun because you could use this to flesh them both out in interesting ways you wouldn't expect such characters to go, since heroes rarely positively interact with such characters and stalker characters very rarely actually get the object of their affections.

I should also note that I fully think this is a terrible idea, and I only would want to see it happen out of morbid curiosity for how it would play out doing something so buck wild in a mainline Jump series.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If Hori wanted to give his editors heartburn he'd just have Bakugou and Kirishima hook up and dare them to say boo about it.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The easiest way imo would just have midoriya straight up be attracted to her and have this interfere with his ability to seal the deal when they have a direct conflict, and then build from there when you inevitably have them interact in a non-combat situation.

Ahh, the Catwoman/Black Cat/Enchantress/Diamondback gambit.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/funkyobligation/status/928351909131554827

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I actually would kinda like to see horikoshi say "gently caress it," fly right at the sun, and have deku and toga become A Thing, just to see how that would completely upend every major character dynamic in the series

Book it.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Bakugo could use some weed

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Dangerous Person posted:

Bakugo could use some weed

bakugo and weed v obviously don't mix

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Isn't bakugo's birthday 4/20

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Isn't bakugo's birthday 4/20

bakugo is hitler confirmed

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

This feels like a KC Green comic.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Neo_Crimson posted:

This feels like a KC Green comic.

Nah, KC Green has more jokes than lolweed

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

he says "blaze it!" when he uses his hand explosions

that's your comic idea for today pay me

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The funny part is that Bakugo really probably is the most likely to be vocally anti-drug, even if it's for super selfish reasons.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

PMush Perfect posted:

The funny part is that Bakugo really probably is the most likely to be vocally anti-drug, even if it's for super selfish reasons.

I think you're forgetting about Iida

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
deku would never touch weed unless all might told him to
all might probably blazes it when he's not saving people but he ain't gonna tell deku
uraraka has nausea issues and has a medicinal card
iida is a goddamn straight-edge kid
bakugo is too angry to be high ever
do you really think momo eats a lot because of her quirk????

there you go it's my weed academy fanfic

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Dias posted:

all might probably blazes it when he's not saving people but he ain't gonna tell deku

kaminari gets high on electric discharge (weeeeeeee)
ojiro would never touch anything that could pollute his body
shoji generates six hand-mouths and tokes outta all of 'em like shiva
watching the smoke go in and out of hagakure's lungs blows everyone's minds

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so what im hearing is all might never smoked a weed once until he was forced to retire and only now has he discovered that good good green

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I bet you Kirishima could convince Bakugo to try weed.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
when you think about it todoroki is the biggest weedlord in MHA because he can both blaze it and chill

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dias posted:

Momo is both a consumer and a producer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Sero absolutely smokes with Kaminari and Mina behind the bleachers.