Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

This is where I feel like we need more backstory. She reminds me of an animal that was adopted after being abused.

Also Sam really seemed into Rosie Cotton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

The only possible way that could have been more on the nose is if you said "So what do people think Kirk and Spock are gay too??"

Let me tell you; that Sulu was a straight shooter!

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Dias posted:

Kale is Tomoyo-levels of gay for Caulifla, c'mon.

That's what I said?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Looks like lovely DBZ fans online are forced to finally call Kale the Legendary Super Sayain because Goku explicitly called her that in the preview.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/True_Legendary_Super_Saiyan

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

tbp posted:

but that aside i think their design is incredible and i love caulis attitude so idc really

I will concede that they aren't badly designed. Their spikey blonde hair is in fact cool and good.

Actually Caulifla's pants are really stupid, but still.

Glagha posted:

The only thing I'm butthurt about is the fact you unironically used the word butthurt.

I didn't, but reading it again, it sounds pretty defensive and I can see how you you'd think that. I apologise. :shobon:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kale is gay for Caulifla.

Caulifla, however, is Goku and is fightsexual.

Thankfully, Kale will probably be able to fight Caulifla whenever she wants her to, so I wish them a happy life together.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Saagonsa posted:

That's what I said?

I'm agreeing with ya, it just read weird.

dr.acula posted:

Also Sam really seemed into Rosie Cotton

He bi.

No, but seriously, while I don't think Tolkien was trying to evoke a gay relationship as much as it was a romanticized master-servant love (which is a chivalry thing, really), the ways things are coded change with the years, and Sam/Frodo is one of the most popular "they gay tho?" speculations around especially because of the movies' interpretation of that adding to how we read into that sort of proximity and love in the modern times. I don't think DBS is gonna come forward and say "they lesbians tho", but the amount of signs thrown around gotta be intentional. Japanese media enjoys its queerbaiting too (hell, even Western media can do that, see Supernatural and the weird incesty thing).

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
We'll probably see them ten years later, living together in an apartment with their adopted child.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Momomo posted:

We'll probably see them ten years later, living together in an apartment with their adopted child.

What level of super saiyan will the child achieve

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Covok posted:

Looks like lovely DBZ fans online are forced to finally call Kale the Legendary Super Sayain because Goku explicitly called her that in the preview.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/True_Legendary_Super_Saiyan

you wish.

Broly still has his own 'Legendary Super Saiyan' page with absolutely no references to Kale on it, the 'True Legendary Super Saiyan' Page is that one.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
But that's better than Broly's, it has True on the front.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Junpei Hyde posted:

What level of super saiyan will the child achieve
The child is Jiren. Jiren's thing is he experiences time backwards, so he already got his rear end whupped by Goku and U11 had advance warning of the TOP from Jiren's injuries. I read it in an interview on VegitoNoMikoSSJX420's tumblr.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Kale is gay for Caulifla.

Caulifla, however, is Goku and is fightsexual.

Thankfully, Kale will probably be able to fight Caulifla whenever she wants her to, so I wish them a happy life together.

We'll get a filler episode where Kale wants to go on a date but Caulifla thinks dating is some type of training

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Stallion Cabana posted:

you wish.

Broly still has his own 'Legendary Super Saiyan' page with absolutely no references to Kale on it, the 'True Legendary Super Saiyan' Page is that one.

DBZ fans are awful. Well, still, it's funny thinking about how the last few episodes are probably pissing them off to no end.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Stallion Cabana posted:

you wish.

yo dawg Broly sucks sorry you had to find out like this

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ekusukariba posted:

We'll get a filler episode where Kale wants to go on a date but Caulifla thinks dating is some type of training

Yes, and it will be the cutest poo poo.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Kale is not only a better character, but is cooler than Broly.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

A date? I love that fruit - Califla probably.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Master Roshi's Turtle is a better character than Broly.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
We need a Trunks kissing Mai scene, only with Kale and Caulifla, instead of Goku and Vegeta. Caulifla would be like "Hah! Why would anyone put their two lips together?" And Kale starts to blush so hard she goes LSSJ.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So who's on the other end of the earpiece feeding Kale lines?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Caulifa is cooler than Kale

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

seiferguy posted:

We need a Trunks kissing Mai scene, only with Kale and Caulifla, instead of Goku and Vegeta. Caulifla would be like "Hah! Why would anyone put their two lips together?" And Kale starts to blush so hard she goes LSSJ.

An episode were Kale keeps trying to turn training into a date would own.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Agoat posted:

Caulifa is cooler than Kale

Don't bring Cooler into this!!

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

graham cracker posted:

Don't bring Cooler into this!!

Yeah, Cooler sucks, he can stay where we left him.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Man, Cooler. I liked you so much more before I heard your awful Japanese voice.

Ekusukariba posted:

This probably happens like once a week to them.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I unironically miss King Cold.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

King Cold didn't get enough screen time.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Cauli and her genie pants is a fantastic character, Kale with her unstable emotions is a nice addition. Watching her gain confidence is cool and good and when Cauli got all stoked about Kale it was a great moment. Their hand holding as they overcome their limitations was lovely and boo if anybody doesn't like punch lady's in Dragon Ball.

I can't wait for Vegeta to visit their planet.

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Early 00's English King Cold with his super aristocratic demeanor and generally not giving a crap owns on so many levels. Dude's so rich he couldn't see his death knell even though it was glowing right in front of his face.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Dias posted:

I'm agreeing with ya, it just read weird.

Oh, sorry then

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Momomo posted:

Man, Cooler. I liked you so much more before I heard your awful Japanese voice.

loving what

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Justin_Brett posted:

Hit.

e: And also Champa, because he invited himself into the situation.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

loving what

It's literally the same as Frieza's, and pretty much accents that he's the exact same thing as his brother but worse. In English he at least gives off a completely different demeanor.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'll grant you that was an overreaction and I see what you mean but Ryusei Nakao owns.

Also if it helps it's not 100% identical due to Japanese language bullshit. Cooler speaks much more directly and less politely than Freeza does, which Nakao also used with Frost.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

I mean, it has to be Cabba.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
So the Latin dub has finally reached the beginning of the ToP in little less than 2 months.

Soon the Latin dub will catch up to the original and surpass it becoming the canon source in the process.

Gohan Blanco is coming.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i had already liked caulifla before but when kale went berserk and was about to crush her hand in the most recent ep and cauli's only reaction was "KALE UR SO COOL HOLY poo poo" that made me love the character

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

lezard_valeth posted:

So the Latin dub has finally reached the beginning of the ToP in little less than 2 months.

Soon the Latin dub will catch up to the original and surpass it becoming the canon source in the process.

Gohan Blanco is coming.

Holy poo poo, the PTBR dub is already on 70.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

tbp posted:

i had already liked caulifla before but when kale went berserk and was about to crush her hand in the most recent ep and cauli's only reaction was "KALE UR SO COOL HOLY poo poo" that made me love the character

That was awesome you’d think she’s benall “oh no control yourself” but she’s just so loving hyped it’s awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Dias posted:

Holy poo poo, the PTBR dub is already on 70.

They apparently just do an episode a day, it's pretty impressive.