Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

This does nothing to change what I said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
that's the great japanese female hero

don't @ me

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
The Motoko from the first Oshii GITS movie is the great japanese gay aunt

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cutie Honey is the spiritual mother of KEIJO!!!!!!! so I will respect it. Its young horny virgins expressing their idea of what a woman's sexuality is like. Sorta like kindergarten kid's drawings of what they think adults do. But with boobs.

I vaguely remember watching a fansub of the Cutie Honey live action movie. Something about her being naked and robbing people's houses for food. May have to queue that up for a re-watch.

Still enjoying Kabuto because its starting to place the threads that reveal exactly why all the riders are really fuckin crazy. Just revealed the fourth rider who really reminds me of a more sinister GARO's main dude. I haven't looked at the spoilers, I want to see this one play out. TheBee rider is an absolute evil psychopath while Tendou and Daisuke are the more reserved, "might kill you if sufficiently provoked and not feel bad at all about it" kind of psychopaths.

This was shown to kids y'all.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

coconono posted:

This was shown to kids y'all.

And I hear kids loving loved it, and Tendou in particular. I hear there was a whole thing where parents were angry about Tendou being an rear end in a top hat and wanted Kabuto to have better messages to the kids, so Mizushima had a whole thing where he was supposed to apologize, but he was in character and he was just like "Nah, I'm not going to apologize for being true to myself" and the kids ate it up.

But then I heard this from a friend and I don't know what his source was, so take that with a grain of salt.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Tendou Souji absolutely is a character who spends his life, 24/7, presenting a "smug bastard" pro wrestling kayfabe persona. He's like Japanese Jinder Mahal. It is glorious, and he's definitely the reason I got so psyched about Kamen Rider when I discovered it in college. I love heroes who are trolls.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The actor who plays him is an absolute saint though, we've talked about it before but he took a couple years off from acting to take care of his sick wife full-time

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Actually, I have it on good authority that Go Nagai fucks

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Larryb posted:

There are also some teams like Goseiger and ToQger who don't really have an established leader (hell, both of them had an entire episode devoted to that fact), though Red still usually takes point in battle anyway because tradition.

Yeah, Hyde was probably the closest thing to a leader the Goseigers had since Alata just kinda goofed off and ate candy most of the time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah, Hyde was probably the closest thing to a leader the Goseigers had since Alata just kinda goofed off and ate candy most of the time.

True, and if I had to pick a leader for the ToQgers I'd probably go with Hikari or Mio.

Alata has his moments though (and ironically in the episode I mentioned he's the only one that never gets a chance at being leader). When the show first started I thought he was kind of an incompetent goof-off who had no business wearing Red but he proved himself later on. Come to think of it, how did that color wind up being associated with leadership in this series anyway? There's nothing real special about it when it pops up in Kamen Rider or Metal Heroes.

Though while the Red Ranger typically takes point in battle they're not always the de facto leader, such as cases like Big One in JAKQ (though that one was more along the lines of MMPR S2, where Red was leader for a majority of the show but got demoted later on when they brought in a White Ranger), Ninja White in Kakuranger, Mega Black in Megaranger, Time Pink in Timeranger , Deka Master in Dekaranger and, most recently, Ryu Commander in Kyuranger.

Also, you could probably argue that Goushi was the real leader of the Zyurangers (same with Kasumi from Ninninger for reasons I already mentioned) and Gao Yellow was the official leader of his team before Red showed up and remained as second in command for the majority of the show.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Nov 12, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Boi, poo poo's gonna pop OFF on next week's Build!

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
I really like that (build spoilers) they just straight up took away all of Sento's fullbottles. Adds a direct goal for the main characters (get them back) and it gives Banjou and Sento catalysts for character development. Banjou has to grapple with the full brunt of being a hero and Sento will have to struggle with his powerlessness and learning to contribute in different ways.

Kamen Rider Build is such a loving good show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I seriously thought that when Stalk was taking away Sento's bottles and Banjou noticed the dragon that we were actually getting an episode where a new rider debuted without it being spoiled in the preview.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Suppose Toei has "one major event per episode" quota. But yeah, best boy not getting his belt yet is little disappointing. It still has a reason for secondary Rider to take over ala Nigo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, it IS happening next week, so there's that.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I don't understand why Stalk kept fighting Rogue if they were just going to agree anyway the moment Stalk explained himself for literally five seconds.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Caphi posted:

I don't understand why Stalk kept fighting Rogue if they were just going to agree anyway the moment Stalk explained himself for literally five seconds.

I think Stalk just wants the excuse whenever he can to beat up Rogue.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Caphi posted:

Stalk only did that because he was surrounded. Dudes probably working with some True Faust boss that Rogue isn't privy to

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Waffleman_ posted:

I seriously thought that when Stalk was taking away Sento's bottles and Banjou noticed the dragon that we were actually getting an episode where a new rider debuted without it being spoiled in the preview.
Same. :(

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Though I'm wondering how this week's episode fits into the Sento is Katsuragi theory. There's a couple of ways it could go from here. One is that Stalk gave rocker dude the appearance of Katsuragi, and gave Katsuragi the appearance of rocker dude. He may or may not have made himself appear like Katsuragi as well, I guess it depends on if he used his human form to make people think he was the real one for a while, or if he's just been in a permanent transformed state and just is saying he's Katusragi. Another way they could go is that he actually is Katsuragi, and Sento is someone who hasn't been revealed yet who was changed to look like rocker dude, and rocker dude was changed to look like Katsuragi.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe it wasn't a complete body swap, and they traded some traits around?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Maybe it's less a body swap and more a personality split. Sento got the good science boy Katsuragi, and Blood Stalk is the shadow, the true self.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
maybe it's a mixture of cold calculating scientist and incredibly earnest rock boy
machine....and man.....a best match....

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This is a Kamen Rider series so trying to guess the twist is a practice in futility because a lot of them come out of left field from several stadiums away.

Fourze had a couple in particular that were just :psyduck: I'm assuming a twist for the sake of a twist but was still a great series
Kabuto on the other hand, uhhhhh. Nobody could have predicted the batshit insane plot twists going on there.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

batshit insane

I think that was Den-O, or maybe Kiva

Edit: well, it could still be the bad dude from Build, whose name is escaping me right now. Not Blood Stalk, the other one, the one with the visor

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Stalk only did that because he was surrounded. Dudes probably working with some True Faust boss that Rogue isn't privy to

To expand on this, Rogue seems like a useful idiot to Stalk. He's not respected or kept in the loop of Stalk's plans and he seems to be getting into his endgame goals fairly quickly now. I'm expecting a p. big shake up in Faust's structure soon enough. Does Rogue know about his Aide being in on it? Cause he seemed to be expecting the heart attack which wasn't part of Rogue's plan at all. He just wanted the theft to force his dad into acting.

Miltith75
Oct 29, 2011

To expand on this, Rogue seems like a useful idiot to Stalk. He's not respected or kept in the loop of Stalk's plans and he seems to be getting into his endgame goals fairly quickly now. I'm expecting a p. big shake up in Faust's structure soon enough. Does Rogue know about his Aide being in on it? Cause he seemed to be expecting the heart attack which wasn't part of Rogue's plan at all. He just wanted the theft to force his dad into acting.

I think that there have been scenes with both Rogue and his aide in the Faust base so I'm pretty sure that he knows about his Aide being in Faust. However his aide might be working secretively for a higher up in Faust.
I'm thinking that whatever affected everybody at the Pandora's box opening kicked up a notch in Rogue at the end as the dramatic shots of his reaction made it seem to me that something unnatural is going on.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Miltith75 posted:

I think that there have been scenes with both Rogue and his aide in the Faust base so I'm pretty sure that he knows about his Aide being in Faust. However his aide might be working secretively for a higher up in Faust.
I'm thinking that whatever affected everybody at the Pandora's box opening kicked up a notch in Rogue at the end as the dramatic shots of his reaction made it seem to me that something unnatural is going on.

Yeah it's very strange that it didn't seem to affect his dad as it did the other leaders, but now his dad is not running the place, it seems to be affecting him?

It seems pretty obvious that Rogue doesn't have the authority in the group to actually off Stalk or kick him out. I guess the wealthy industrialist would have to be the one to make that call, if he's even the real person running the group. Faust seems like a lot of people working together out of convenience, rather than an organisation with a coherent structure.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Although this would make it a bit weird the toyline has a Kamen Rider Rogue who's pretty clearly an upgrade for Night Rogue but no equivalent for Stalk.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I know Kamen Rider is a children's toy show, but Night Rogue's henshin in-universe is the absolute silliest thing. Let's have this scheming, amoral dude who has every reason to hide his identity for once in franchise history with a gun that yells out MISTMATCH and fires a very loud barrage of missiles when Gentoku transforms in barely private places. :laugh:

gourdcaptain posted:

Although this would make it a bit weird the toyline has a Kamen Rider Rogue who's pretty clearly an upgrade for Night Rogue but no equivalent for Stalk.

You're watching Kamen Rider and the franchise almost always has a minor to major game-changing mid-season shakeup that completely changes the dynamics. Stalk could also very easily fake his death or come back Dangerous Zombie-style, especially with how they're keeping him as Build's biggest mystery as of yet. We really don't know what Stalk's whole deal is!

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 14, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Transforming is a free action that doesn't hinder stealth as long as you're out of sight. This is a tradition.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Waffleman_ posted:

Transforming is a free action that doesn't hinder stealth as long as you're out of sight. This is a tradition.

My favorite for this is Kabuto, where they establish that transforming produces a dangerous and destructive shockwave from the first episode.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The energy card that shoots out for Blade/Garren/Leangle's transformation actually was a barrier that stopped Undead, and sometimes they even used it offensively to knock the Undead back.

So I gotta say, Lucky's dad being a fake sand guy is nowhere near as interesting as it would have been if it had actually been his dad. Maybe they were just worried that it would come off as a repeat of Scorpio. Oh well.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the playing card barriers provided a way to make everyone standing around waiting for the riders to transform seem more dynamic. nowadays they just kinda stand around until all the posing and talking plastic bits are done with, for no particular reason.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

deadly_pudding posted:

My favorite for this is Kabuto, where they establish that transforming produces a dangerous and destructive shockwave from the first episode.

Amazons henshin had giant shockwaves they produced a lot of heat and set nearby plant life on fire (and apparently really hurt the monsters, to the point where tackling one and transforming could be an offensive move) but all the shockwaves couldn’t knock over a ladder leaning against a wall when all the main heroes did at once for the final battle.

My favorite from that show is when the Sigma transformation at the rail yard just because the camera is near the ground and the CGI folks photoshopped the rails glowing red hot from the henshin.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Weaponized transformation sequences need to be a thing more often. On the Sentai side of things the only examples I can think of are Kyoryuger (their morphers were guns that they would occasionally fire directly at the enemy while transforming) and that one episode of Power Rangers RPM (the Blue Ranger modified his changer so that the resulting explosion when he morphed would take out the enemies behind him).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 14, 2017

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Now transforming! Please stand behind the white line.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Larryb posted:

Kyoryuger
Kinda to be expected when your henshin device is a magic dinosaur gun.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Now transforming! Please stand behind the white line.

Listen, that's only a weaponized transformation when they're too stupid to follow the instructions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pyroi posted:

Listen, that's only a weaponized transformation when they're too stupid to follow the instructions.

Which I think only happened like once or twice in the whole show, good point though.