Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I know that GT is a hot loving mess and shouldn't be watched, but one thing I liked about it was that it gave us Oozaru Saiyans that could go super.

What I'm saying is that Saiyans without tails just annoys the poo poo out of me for some reason and I just want to see soneone turn into a big rear end ape. I get why Goku no longer has one permanently and I presume that Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Pan probably had theirs and the means to regrow them surgically removed. But come on, Vegeta. It's a sign of Saiyan pride! Broly didn't have one either and none of the U6 Saiyans have tails because they lost them over the course of evolution, which has got to translate to: "We, the animators and manga artists, are worked to near death and not including tails on Saiyans anymore affords us another hour to crank out more artwork."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Justin_Brett posted:

Remember when Shin felt he had a right to run down Krillin for getting eliminated despite Krillin doing objectively more than him to defend his universe in about a minute than he ever had?

gently caress Shin.

Everyone else, including his own wife, were all like 'What the hell Krillin?!' and obviously Shin wanted to be the same. But those in glass houses and all that so he tried to be the nice guy in the situation, but being Shin he managed to even gently caress that up.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shin has done nothing right for his entire time on screen.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

God I hope Krillin wishes for a timeline where all of his friends are weak idiots and there's no fighting because that man has known nothing but suffering from the moment he met Goku

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Black August posted:

God I hope Krillin wishes for a timeline where all of his friends are weak idiots and there's no fighting because that man has known nothing but suffering from the moment he met Goku

he wouldn't be married to 18 if not for gero's hate boner for goku so there's that

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I just love how in DB we have two colossal fucks up and the series reminds us how they gently caress up everytime.

Shin and Future Trunks. :allears:

Shin just took the opportunity to try to knock Krillin down a peg because everyone else was dogpiling on him but he knows he's more of a gently caress up than Krillin. Least Krillin tried.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Krillin has basically called Shin an idiot a couple times since he's been in the stands and it's always funny.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Shindragon posted:

I just love how in DB we have two colossal fucks up and the series reminds us how they gently caress up everytime.

Shin just took the opportunity to try to knock Krillin down a peg because everyone else was dogpiling on him but he knows he's more of a gently caress up than Krillin. Least Krillin tried.

Is Future Trunks really that much of a fuckup, or did I miss something? I don't remember him doing anything that would put him on Shin's level. I always thought of it more as existence itself wants to gently caress up Future Trunks' life.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Shin: Is that kid who copies what the grown-ups are doing because he wants to fit in, but who can't ever stop just being a spectacular gently caress-up of a kid
Krillin: Sometimes gets insulted by his hot wife, 'only' helped take out three people before getting jobbed.

Evenly matched rivals.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Justin_Brett posted:

Remember when Shin felt he had a right to run down Krillin for getting eliminated despite Krillin doing objectively more than him to defend his universe in about a minute than he ever had?
I mean, to be fair, Shin isn't supposed to do anything. It's not his job to step in and fight, the case with Buu was a severe situation and is the only reason he stepped in. By that logic we can shame Beerus for never putting Frieza down either.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Shin is not really less competent than anybody above him on the totem pole; he's just weak enough that he gets called out for it, unlike his superiors.

See Beerus, who's generally agreed to be a lazy incompetent even by Whis, but nobody above him cares and nobody below him can do anything about it.

Whis doesn't even seem to think it's his job to do anything about it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I bet Krillin could beat Shin.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I mean, to be fair, Shin isn't supposed to do anything. It's not his job to step in and fight, the case with Buu was a severe situation and is the only reason he stepped in. By that logic we can shame Beerus for never putting Frieza down either.

yeah for as lovely as Shin is, Beerus is by far the worst and it's not even comparable. Dude let poo poo like Buu, Frieza, Piccolo, Goku, etc just hang out

Rand Brittain posted:

Shin is not really less competent than anybody above him on the totem pole; he's just weak enough that he gets called out for it, unlike his superiors.

See Beerus, who's generally agreed to be a lazy incompetent even by Whis, but nobody above him cares and nobody below him can do anything about it.

Whis doesn't even seem to think it's his job to do anything about it.

it's not

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Beerus hired Freiza to do his work.

Beerus deserves erasure more than any other being who has ever existed in U7 and he is in a state of loving GRACE knowing the Z warriors who will save his lovely hairless bacon and maybe allow him a second chance to do things right. When Champa is erased, I can only hope it breaks Beerus and shows him how worthless a brother and God he is.

As an aside, I want 17 and 18 to fuse just so we can fast cut to both Trunks' waking up screaming for a solid minute.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

amigolupus posted:

Is Future Trunks really that much of a fuckup, or did I miss something? I don't remember him doing anything that would put him on Shin's level. I always thought of it more as existence itself wants to gently caress up Future Trunks' life.

trunks usually tries to do the smart thing tbh. the world just hates him and wants him to suffer

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Star Man posted:

I know that GT is a hot loving mess and shouldn't be watched, but one thing I liked about it was that it gave us Oozaru Saiyans that could go super.

What I'm saying is that Saiyans without tails just annoys the poo poo out of me for some reason and I just want to see soneone turn into a big rear end ape. I get why Goku no longer has one permanently and I presume that Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Pan probably had theirs and the means to regrow them surgically removed. But come on, Vegeta. It's a sign of Saiyan pride! Broly didn't have one either and none of the U6 Saiyans have tails because they lost them over the course of evolution, which has got to translate to: "We, the animators and manga artists, are worked to near death and not including tails on Saiyans anymore affords us another hour to crank out more artwork."

:hfive: I also think it helps Saiyans be actual aliens instead of angry punchy humans. Vegeta has always looked down on using the transformation which I find weird given how hype he is about everything else Saiyan.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
speaking of Trunks where is the DBKids filler episode

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shin managed to get about three of his plans smashed to bits in the span of ten hours during Buu and I'll never get over that.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Black August posted:

As an aside, I want 17 and 18 to fuse just so we can fast cut to both Trunks' waking up screaming for a solid minute.
This would be great.

Manatee Cannon posted:

trunks usually tries to do the smart thing tbh. the world just hates him and wants him to suffer
Trunks would have sided with 17 about interrupting the Firebolts' transformation.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

True, it basically isn't. Beerus doesn't really have any formal supervision except the threat of erasure by the Omni-King, and the job of being his technical supervisor is really just a sinecure to let the Grand Priest's children hang around doing nothing and getting mad paid.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

To be fair to Shin, it was Old Kai who told them it was permanent (after he already made Shin and whatshisface fuse). Shin didn't even know that potara fusion was a thing until then.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

OB_Juan posted:

This would be great.

Trunks would have sided with 17 about interrupting the Firebolts' transformation.

In a weird way, 17 and 18 would be amazing allies for Trunks, since they hold his own fightman theory of "stop this worthless pride bullshit and GO MAX POWER AND MURK THE FUCKER IN THEIR BASE FORM NOW, NOW DAMMIT NOW, NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" *cut to space where you can still hear the scream as a little boom cloud poofts up from a continent*

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Saagonsa posted:

To be fair to Shin, it was Old Kai who told them it was permanent (after he already made Shin and whatshisface fuse). Shin didn't even know that potara fusion was a thing until then.

it's permanent for gods but not permanent for mortals iirc. didn't they use the dragon balls to unfuse kabito kai or w/e he was called?

elder kai is retroactively at fault for not mentioning it/forgetting it worked that way tho

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Everything said by Shin and Elder Kai during Buu is either misinformation or actively a lie.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yup, they ended up using the balls for that and old kai was like how dare you misuse their powers for something that silly. Also Old Kai is a goddamn filthy liar, I swear he makes poo poo up as he goes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Star Man posted:

While I mostly agree with this, I do need to correct a couple of things:

1) Broly does have a tail. It's hidden inside his clothes, but it's there. Heroes gives him Golden Great Ape and Super Saiyan 4 forms from it (admittedly, it also gives SS4 to Gohan and Golden Great Ape to Gogeta with neither showing tails, but still).
2) The reason why the tails don't exist anymore has nothing to do with animation or art, but with Toriyama's...Toriyamaness. He cares a lot about the small details, which apparently include "how can Goku wear pants with that tail". Yes, that's literally the reason why tails are not a thing anymore, Toriyama got flustered because he couldn't think of how pants and tails could work together.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

IcePhoenix posted:

It was retconned in the best way though, because Goku and Vegeta were like "but Shin told us it was permanent" and Gowasu was like "What? No that's stupid, Shin is stupid"

To be totally fair to Shin, it was Elder Kai that said the fusion was permanent. Shin just.... Had no idea the earrings even fused them at all.

On another note, remember Kabitoshin? He was so unnatural and weird looking that it's hard to believe that was his canon design for like 25 years. I am so glad they unfused.

Edit: wow I got super beat

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Shindragon posted:

I don't think Future Trunks is a fuckup. Things might not go the way he planned, but he plans things put and he doesn't have his head up his rear end like Vegeta does.

Shin's problem is that he's just too unattached to his universe. Some of the other Lords of Lords appear to be attentive to their realms, but they're so far removed from their subjects that people like Saiyans catch them entirely by surprise. Shin wasn't wrong in choosing Gohan to fight Babidi and Dabura, but Shin's lack of attention to Earth meant that he was unaware of Gohan's lapse in training and power. Though I did like that detail in Future Trunks's timeline addressing the issue about Buu and that Shin took Trunks in early enough to prepare him.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Remember Old Kai is old as hell and was locked in the Z sword (by Beerus OH WOW THAT SURE DID DOOM THEM ALL DIDN'T IT), the dude is probably so out of touch and border senile that he's the reflection of Shin - old and young, both hosed by the system and wildly out of their element

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

The only reason Trunks has such a hard time is because he has literally no one else to help him. Imagine if it was just Goku that had to take care of anything.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the real fuckup was vegeta. trunks would have had the androids dead before cell even arrived if not for vegeta. course that probably would have ended up killing him in the end; maybe that's how cell got the drop on trunks in the future where he steals the time machine :v:

also trunks would have killed cell before he got his perfect form... tho maybe then they'd have been hosed when babidi showed up. I guess what I'm saying is thanks for being a dick, vegeta

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Kefla twist: Either Kale's lssj ki gives enough energy to set the timer to max or Kale & Cauli are such good buddies that they hold the fusion together past its shortened lifespan to keep punching fools.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I thought that it was odd how apparently Beerus locked the Old Kai in the Z Sword. Like, what a weird punishment for someone like Beerus to give.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I thought that it was odd how apparently Beerus locked the Old Kai in the Z Sword. Like, what a weird punishment for someone like Beerus to give.

I think it was less a punishment and more a "Let's keep you alive so I will not be in danger" move

Because Beerus is a selfish lazy rear end in a top hat

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

No, it made sense. He risked killing himself through the link. So just dump him in a sword, and have a new Lord of Lords in his place to continue the cycle of being a lazy piece of violent poo poo.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
until some random demon king decides to break the sword, then you're hosed

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

also trunks would have killed cell before he got his perfect form... tho maybe then they'd have been hosed when babidi showed up. I guess what I'm saying is thanks for being a dick, vegeta

I think the only guy Trunks would have problems with is Beerus, since he was won over by Goku's personality and the food. Trunks isn't really one to make friends with people trying to kill him.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I meant the main timeline, not trunks'. gohan would never have gone ss2 and goku wouldn't have died and trained in otherworld so everyone would be weaker

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blaze Dragon posted:

2) The reason why the tails don't exist anymore has nothing to do with animation or art, but with Toriyama's...Toriyamaness. He cares a lot about the small details, which apparently include "how can Goku wear pants with that tail". Yes, that's literally the reason why tails are not a thing anymore, Toriyama got flustered because he couldn't think of how pants and tails could work together.

It's also why Beerus's pants have that huge slit in the back for his tail.

Honestly those pants are just indecent. Dude's got his crack showing at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

A timeline where Trunks has to take out Beerus and become the new, responsible, sane, worthy God of Destruction would be hype as hell