Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Alright u6, namek fusion is the stronget kind of fusion out there so get it done and go out and win this

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Evil Canadian posted:

Alright u6, namek fusion is the stronget kind of fusion out there so get it done and go out and win this

:smith:

I mean they DID say to "leave it to them" so I have high hopes they're gonna take out Goku and Jiren and win this thing for U6

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If they weren't the strongest they wouldn't be the last ones left, duh.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Yo Goku surfing on Kelfa's energy blast with a still building Kamehameha was rad as poo poo

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

You seem to have dropped a bucket of aids here, please take it back wherever you found it and leave it there.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/75ILefm.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/568tp0h.mp4

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

this meme has never been deader

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Kale's 50 billion different energy blasts amuses me.

Like they all are unique and done slightly differently. It's gonna make her a shoe in for Xenoverse 3 or whatever since she has fifty different energy beam variations that they can assign different powers and abilities to.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
things are gonna get real good when vegeta learns ultra instinct (attack mode), then does the fusion dance with ultra instinct goku (defense mode) to make ultra instinct vegetto (complete).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I like her stupid "okay, gently caress everything" laser show. Especially because she just adds even more stupid ki blasts on top of it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

Kale's 50 billion different energy blasts amuses me.

Like they all are unique and done slightly differently. It's gonna make her a shoe in for Xenoverse 3 or whatever since she has fifty different energy beam variations that they can assign different powers and abilities to.

I hope she makes it into Dragon Ball Fighterz.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Freakazoid_ posted:

things are gonna get real good when vegeta learns ultra instinct (attack mode), then does the fusion dance with ultra instinct goku (defense mode) to make ultra instinct vegetto (complete).

Dance makes Gogeta, Potara makes Vegito
:goonsay:

But for real, I would love to see more fusion, but I just don't get the feeling it will be Goku and Vegeta if it's anyone. I'd be happy to be wrong about it though.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

This episode, conceptually and in execution, was some incredibly good poo poo. Kefla went out like a champ and UI is the best form they've done since Goku's original Super Saiyan transformation.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Kale and Cauli had a hell of a wedding

Velisarius
Nov 1, 2009
Finally! Two of the most annoying and interminable characters have been removed. We can now eagerly await the next episode, in which the far more interesting androids will be given the spotlight.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Velisarius posted:

Finally! Two of the most annoying and interminable characters have been removed. We can now eagerly await the next episode, in which the far more interesting androids will be given the spotlight.

This but unironically.

I'm excited for shenanigans on planet salad. We've established the immense potential of the new saiyans, so let's get back to Jiren and wrap up the ToP.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

QuarkJets posted:

Any more bullshit than the U6 saiyans being taught how to go SSJ by basically just clenching the correct back muscle? I feel like if you're concerned about these kinds of things then maybe you just don't get the show
Yeah, the U6 Saiyans are basically "Asspull, the characters", and I'm glad they're all eliminated.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Yeah, the U6 Saiyans are basically "Asspull, the characters", and I'm glad they're all eliminated.

Yeah no other characters get asspulls in dragon ball

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Andrast posted:

Yeah no other characters get asspulls in dragon ball
No, but these U6 Saiyans get more than anyone else except maybe Goku.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

No, but these U6 Saiyans get more than anyone else except maybe Goku.

Oh no, they got a couple of obsolete forms quickly

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Andrast posted:

Oh no, they got a couple of obsolete forms quickly
Obsolete forms that let them catch up to Super Saiyan God/Super Saiyan Blue in less than a day.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i have no idea how you could actively dislike kale and caulifla besides stupid nostalgia or

well, i like to assume the best outta people so let's stay with stupid nostalgia

I am hyped to see the androids do poo poo but I'm getting the feeling 18 is gonna get chumped out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Obsolete forms that let them catch up to Super Saiyan God/Super Saiyan Blue in less than a day.

Would you have liked a 40 episode arc where they could struggle with SSJ2 or something?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

you had purple piccolo, literal roswell alien and freeza pulling off a stupid new form to match that poo poo JUST IN THE VICINITY OF THIS ARC

at least kafla had the correct racial template plus a stupid fusion boost

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Kale and Caulifla are the best characters introduced in Super so far

Hit literally did the "just gets more and more powerful BECAUSE" in his fight with goku as well. He just randomly extended his time powers constantly but no one bitched about that. Kale and Caulifla going SS2 is apparently heresy though

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
gently caress freeza MINDTRAINED a way to tank a goddamn hakai

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

You know, talking as that guy who defends Ribrianne, you have some weird loving hang-ups about these characters.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

don't make me slap you

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Have you considered that you might, in fact, be an rear end in a top hat? I'm not calling you one, I'm asking if you've ever considered the possibility that you might be one.

khwarezm posted:

You know, talking as that guy who defends Ribrianne, you have some weird loving hang-ups about these characters.
:respek: Ribrianne's gimmick wouldn't carry through a whole series, but having Cliche Magical Girl show up in a literal DBZ fight is amazing. Reminds me of all the late-90s Dragon Ball Z x Sailor Moon crossover fan stuff.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can acknowledge reasons for not liking the Saiyan girls but 'they asspull powerups' in Dragonball is kind of a very odd reason.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

People seem to forget that the fighters in this tournament are the very best ones from their respective universe. They're all geniuses with ridiculous natural potential

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Caulifla and Kale were cool and good, Kefla was dumb and boring. She had no personality beyond "raargh my power is maximum". Kale was a way better girl Broly, I don't understand why they had to repeat the shtick with the fusion.

Also I've never liked the way fusion voices are done.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

[Goku nearly dies]
Toriyama: btw saiyans get stronger exponentially if they recover from death

Audience: Bravissimo! Magnificent! I can't believe how good dragonball is

[Caulifla and Kale learn how to be super saiyans so they can have some plot relevance without being stomped entirely]

Audience: what the gently caress is this?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Personally I hated Goten and Trunks being super saiyans, and Gotenks was worse.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
If there's one thing I have to give Ultra Instinct, it is that it is definitely made Goku's fights a lot more fun to watch from a pure choreographic level (well, above 99% of the Z and Super fights being a lot of ATATATAT + teleport flurry punches and energy beams).

The way he dodged Kelfa's beam was like some OG Dragon Ball-level poo poo.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

The fights mostly being ATATATA + teleport flurries is because it's easier to animate instead of you know, actual real fight choreography which is both hard and time consumin

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Fartbox posted:

People seem to forget that the fighters in this tournament are the very best ones from their respective universe. They're all geniuses with ridiculous natural potential

And they didn't reach this point "in a day". They've been training all their lives, decades presumably. They didn't pop into existence just because it was the first time we saw them. Have some object permanence people.

(and this applies for Goku, too - he didn't pull UI out of nowhere, he has been specifically dedicating himself to train for it for... months? longer?)

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
gently caress I'm still super hype over Goku Tony Hawking up that energy blast by grinding it with his kamehameha charge. Absolutely lived up to the last UI fight imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Fartbox posted:

The fights mostly being ATATATA + teleport flurries is because it's easier to animate instead of you know, actual real fight choreography which is both hard and time consumin
They were saving all their budget for the second half of the episode.