Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Theoretically, although it's meant to be super complicated to the point that the Gods of Destruction can't fully use it, so don't expect, say, Krillin to get it.

So in approximately two arcs kid trunks will do it on accident?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Krillin would be the one to get it, though.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Burkion posted:

Freeza's got some kind of poo poo going on, Christ.

Also I was right about magical girl getting a last minute transformation thing. The Kamen Rider duder may have a Final Form as well

Ribrianne getting another transformation to level the playing field and at the very least become android level is the most obvious thing.

Personally I look forward to Brianne de Chateu defeating the evil villain Android 17.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Andrast posted:

So in approximately two arcs kid trunks will do it on accident?

Hah, you think Kid Trunks still exists in this show.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pan and Bra already have Ultra Instinct.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hah, you think Kid Trunks still exists in this show.

He's fighting poachers with Ultra instict right now

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm glad the new movie is about Trunks, Goten and Marron fighting poachers while the tournament is going on.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Blaze Dragon posted:

Theoretically, although it's meant to be super complicated to the point that the Gods of Destruction can't fully use it, so don't expect, say, Krillin to get it.

That reminds me of how disappointed I was that Krillin's glowy fists aura thing from that spooky forest episode was a complete nothing.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

dipwood posted:

My (rather boring) dream scenario at this point is Vegeta masters the Attack portion of Ultra Instinct, and then fuses with Goku, who has mastered the Defense portion, and blows Jiren away with Fully Realized Ultra Instinct Vegito.

I'm ok with this

Also hey guys did you see Goku surf a laser with his laser this week? It was pretty keen.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Man, I keep forgetting just how few people U7's lost so far.

Feels like we're due to lose one or both of the androids, at least.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://giant.gfycat.com/SecretTinyCuckoo.webm

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

homeless hungry plz help posted:

gently caress I'm still super hype over Goku Tony Hawking up that energy blast by grinding it with his kamehameha charge. Absolutely lived up to the last UI fight imo.

I always wondered if the condensed beam was like physically tangible or something because god drat did they use some beautiful lateral thinking in avoiding a straight up regular beam struggle, which Goku knew he would lose because of his lack of energy, so he just traveled up to his enemy after she fired her blast to make sure he'd dump the entire attack ontop of her at point blank range. This episode must have cost them a fortune to plan out and animate and it loving shows.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

They should aspire to be as graceful as Recoome

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
JFC, can we timg that?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

We have to be seeing some jobbers from the mid-range tier now. When U7 starts to lose more people I expect the androids are next on the chopping block, followed by Piccolo. No idea what the gently caress is going on with Frieza, but he's giving off some serious Vegeta-on-Namek vibes and is becoming my favorite U7 character.

Super is a loving treasure :allears:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

extra row of teeth posted:

We have to be seeing some jobbers from the mid-range tier now. When U7 starts to lose more people I expect the androids are next on the chopping block, followed by Piccolo. No idea what the gently caress is going on with Frieza, but he's giving off some serious Vegeta-on-Namek vibes and is becoming my favorite U7 character.

I would actually like the Androids to get eliminated next episode, for stakes and all that, but the episode titles tend to loudly trumpet when U7ers get kicked out and the next one is in a couple of weeks where it looks like someone will go down to the Universe 4 hidden fighters, probably 18 in my view.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

extra row of teeth posted:

Super is a loving treasure :allears:

Androids are 100% about to lose their fight immunity next episode, the only iconic thing left for them to do was team up so now that they're doing that it'll be fair game to knock them out whenever is convenient

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Am I the only person who's still really bothered that Krillin seems to refer to his wife exclusively as "Mrs. Number 18"?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Am I the only person who's still really bothered that Krillin seems to refer to his wife exclusively as "Mrs. Number 18"?

It's what she wants

It's what he does

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PMush Perfect posted:

Mark's family still calls him Mr Satan

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Burkion posted:

It's what she wants

It's what he does

"...can't i just say lazu..."

"no"

"but it's actually a na..."

"NO"

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
yeah I'm really hoping we're gonna get some U7 fighters knocked out soon.

Kefla not getting any eliminations at all is a bit disappointing but it makes sense she wasn't going to get any because she was just fighting Goku. But U7 is way ahead in numbers and power- they lost all their weaker, more tactical members and now all that's left is their big muscle heads, including a completely undamaged Frezia-, so I'd like for some tension to get back.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Eh, they still have Piccolo, but yeah. Goku's basically locked into being The Finale with Jiren, so at least he won't be hijacking any more fights.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I thought for sure that Kefla would end up fighting Freeza
idk, maybe the Freeza stuff will carry over into whatever happens after this arc. seems like he's in for the long con

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm already preemptively mad that 18 is gonna get chumped out without doing anything cool.

Kale and Caulifla did okay together, they wiped half of the Pride Troopers.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Making an antagonist transform is kinda cool? :shrug:

So was just casually throwing that barrier girl from U11 off the stage.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
That was a badass kamehameha. Also, predicting that Vegeta achieves Ultra Instinct in the final battle once whoever the last dude is/Jiren, but ultimately loses so Goku can do an even more baller kamehameha

E: Also, from three angles like Goku was played by Chow Yun Fat. I love it.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 19, 2017

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Freeza's probably cheering on Goku because he knows Goku at least a little and that he will honor his promise, but he can't honor his promise if U7 has been erased and Jiren wishes for a ham beezy. Hell, if Freeza got the wish for being MVP I half expect he'd ask Goku what he should wish for, purely to make it even more likely that Goku will rez him.

Then he goes on the Grand Tour.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Firstborn posted:

That was a badass kamehameha. Also, predicting that Vegeta achieves Ultra Instinct in the final battle once whoever the last dude is/Jiren, but ultimately loses so Goku can do an even more baller kamehameha

E: Also, from three angles like Goku was played by Chow Yun Fat. I love it.

I literally laughed out loud at him loving Kamehameha surfing the beam. Kefla's face literally says it all.

Also that whole move was like peak OG Goku.

The more I think about the end of this arc the more I am convinced/ want to believe that the way they're going to beat Jiren is through actual teamwork. I mean the whole conversation with Whis that was the first hint of ultra instinct also had him say that if Goku and Vegeta would just fight together they could beat anyone. Both Freeza and Vegeta seem to get that whatever Goku can do they can do and Jiren still basically owned UI Goku on his own with low effort.

Probably the best I can hope for is Vegeta and Freeza having to hold off Jiren a bit longer so Goku can get his stamina back so Goku can win again.

Kithkar fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 19, 2017

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

that was the best kamehameha in the series to date, imo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nessus posted:

Freeza's probably cheering on Goku because he knows Goku at least a little and that he will honor his promise, but he can't honor his promise if U7 has been erased and Jiren wishes for a ham beezy. Hell, if Freeza got the wish for being MVP I half expect he'd ask Goku what he should wish for, purely to make it even more likely that Goku will rez him.

Then he goes on the Grand Tour.

freeza has secretly been the good freeza all along

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
'Calm water beats a raging stream.' Goku is slowly learning the Gentle Fist. I feel that Toki is approving of this, somewhere out there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kithkar posted:

Jiren still basically owned UI Goku on his own with low effort.

Goku was starting to win, he just ran out of stamina.

I guess Jiren could have been holding back.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
getting a hit on someone doesn't count as starting to win. He was just close enough to start hitting him and dealing damage instead of completely out of his depth.

I think they're trying to present it so that even at full UI Goku isn't going to just casually destroy Jiren like he did when he first went SS against Frezia, that this is still going to be a hell of a fight.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

IcePhoenix posted:

It would explain Jiren's sitting out if there were a risk he'd kill weaker folk.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I figured Jiren is acting under Belmod's command, to demoralize and wipe out the only threats to winning, and now is conserving power until the very end when every other fighter is exhausted and worn out - clean house in the last, say, five minutes, win with a three man team.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I will say, if Gohan is the one that wins the tournament through the power of not doing poo poo, I will be impressed at Toei for keeping him so in the background.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Burkion posted:

I will say, if Gohan is the one that wins the tournament through the power of not doing poo poo, I will be impressed at Toei for keeping him so in the background.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6PxRwgjzZw

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

apparently, according to the manga Jiren is completely pure-hearted and follows a no-kill rule, and he was reluctant to join the tournament because he didn't want to be involved in destroying the other universes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

IcePhoenix posted:

Of course Jiren has been holding back. He hasn't gone all "bwaaaah" yet