Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
TBH dry-rubs are enough of a pain in the rear end and complete crapshoot that I'd save the more generic decals for other projects where you want a weathered look; they're certainly great for those :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah so far every mistake ive made, ive told myself its actually realistic battle damage. looks like that can continue.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m at an anime convention to see the new Gundam movie and I feel so dirty already

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
What new movie? Origin?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RillAkBea posted:

They're very easy to mess up as you pretty much only have one chance to do it right.

Just cut out the decal you want and make sure to use masking tape to stick it in place. If you mask over the decal area you can use something like a ball point pen to rub it on and you'll be able to see where you have and haven't rubbed. Too many times I've pulled the decal sheet off only to see I missed a spot. :negative:

Peel the sheet up veeeeeeeery slowly and look under it as it comes off and you can sometimes see it lift where you missed, and put it back down to rub some more. I have about a 50% recovery rate doing that, though it will often leave a slight discontinuity.

IronCastKnight
Jul 27, 2013
When it comes to dry rubs I prefer to use clear scotch tape, since it's not super sticky but I can see the dry rub through it, which allows me to tell how much of the dry rub I've gotten to rub off. Plus, in the occurences where I didn't get all the sticker off on the first go, it's a lot easier to line it back up afterwards. Even with clear tape dry rubs are still a huge pain and I hate them, though.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if my DM MG Skygrasper will begin to appreciate in value over time now...

Edit: I just had the load bearing cylindrical clip part of my RG 00 Raiser literally snap off at the cylinder. It ain't gonna be reliably fixable. Anyone got one to spare? I'll pay $5 for the part plus shipping.

MJP fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Nov 20, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yawgmoft posted:

What new movie? Origin?

Thunderbolt Bandit Flower. It’s fuckin’ rad, the big twist at the end is absolutely rad. A newtype recovers the Psycho Zaku and forms a cult nation via mind control that fights with recovered mobile suits from both sides

The action is top notch too, and the free jazz goes super well with it. They actually brought out a band to play it live!

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

The action is top notch too, and the free jazz goes super well with it. They actually brought out a band to play it live!

Ok that's awesome

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The woman on piano is just hammering the keys, it’s a neat show.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Taintrunner posted:

Thunderbolt Bandit Flower. It’s fuckin’ rad, the big twist at the end is absolutely rad. A newtype recovers the Psycho Zaku and forms a cult nation via mind control that fights with recovered mobile suits from both sides

Is there any new footage like December Sky did, or is it just a straight compilation of Season 2?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is there any new footage like December Sky did, or is it just a straight compilation of Season 2?

They added a bunch of new scenes, according to the guy next to me. No idea what specifically.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

They added a bunch of new scenes, according to the guy next to me. No idea what specifically.

Nice. The movies really are the best way to experience Thunderbolt.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

We're getting Gihren's Greed HGUC figures now. Gyan Krieger.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Darth Walrus posted:

Nice. The movies really are the best way to experience Thunderbolt.

Speaking of which, is there an english release date yet?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Speaking of which, is there an english release date yet?

I think it is sometime in December.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

:popeye:

About loving time if you ask me.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Arcsquad12 posted:

Stop wishing for kits with the monkey paw...

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000119280/

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
new kits, and the next RG is completely unsurprising

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I will buy every RG Unicorn variant, that kit rules

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What's the gatling rx-78 looking one?

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Arcsquad12 posted:

What's the gatling rx-78 looking one?

Isnt that the local type?

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

asterioth posted:

Isnt that the local type?

I've seen it referred to as "Full-Scale Development Gundam" but that looks a heck of a lot like Gundam Local Type North American Front design.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

You know Bandai, I just said I was down on buying your stuff officially if you made it, and I'm definitely interested in getting your guys' take on the Advanced Hazel over the inevitable Magic Toys version, but not like this.

This is literally just a recolor of the Hazel Custom, no skirt manipulators, second shield booster, boots, or visor. Don't be so drat cheap.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The next P-Bandai RG is also completely unsurprising

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

God drat it, and of course we get Johnnys zaku as the normal release.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

parabolic posted:

I've seen it referred to as "Full-Scale Development Gundam" but that looks a heck of a lot like Gundam Local Type North American Front design.

Local Type doesn't have the gatling wrist

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Aww, nuts, they went with the Norn as the basic version again. The original version with the claw and smartgun is way cooler.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Eh, I'm fine with this. I really rather like the Banshee and was actually close to pressing the button on the MG Norn the other day because unpainted the HG leaves a lot to be desired. RG though? Definitely. This post has saved me a lot of money. :v:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Look on the bright side, they didn't try to fob it off as a main release. Now that would have been cheeky even for Bandai.

Darth Walrus posted:

Aww, nuts, they went with the Norn as the basic version again. The original version with the claw and smartgun is way cooler.
I smell another P-Bandai only expansion set on the horizon. In a probably not so startling coincidence, orders for the PG Armed Armor expansion set have just reopened.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 20, 2017

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
this is only tangentially related to the subject since robot merchandice but I found these yesterday, and was wondering if the Braigar book is difficult to find or not. it's some sort of compendium/art book thing with stills from the show, interviews, full design sheets and tons of illustrations.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Anyone looking for kits, banzai hobby have a 10%off code.

i-love-r-gunpla

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

USAgundamstore's going to have a Thanksgiving sale thats pretty good too:
https://www.usagundamstore.com/pages/thanksgiving-weekend-sale

USAgundamstore posted:

Big Savings! From 11/23/2017 - 11/27/2017

Special pricing on many kits MG, HG and PG!

10% off all orders using discount code (thanksgiving) at check out.

Orders $55 or more (excluding shipping) placed between 11/23-11/27 will receive

Free Side Cutter
Free random Builder Part
Free 1/144 Action Base
Each Order will be place into a random drawing for PG Red fame!! Winner will be announced on 12/11/2017 on our site and Facebook page.

Discount code cannot be combined with other offers

*while supplies last, offer limited to 1 free gift set per customer.

floatman
Mar 17, 2009
Where are good places to order kits online and get them shipped to Australia?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

floatman posted:

Obvious go-tos are HLJ (HobbyLink Japan) and AmiAmi. I'm not familiar with any Australian native stores unfortunately.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zebulon posted:

Obvious go-tos are HLJ (HobbyLink Japan) and AmiAmi. I'm not familiar with any Australian native stores unfortunately.

https://www.metrohobbies.com.au is probably decent. I miss their Melbourne CBD store :sigh:.

Stupid metro rail tunnel project :argh:.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

floatman posted:

bna model world is pretty good but theyre pricier than hlj (but less pricey than my local brick and mortar)

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

floatman posted:

Hobby search (http://1999.co.jp/eng) or Banzai hobby should both ship to Aussie. Normally cheaper than hlj as well.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

floatman posted:

I usually go Banzai Hobby, they've done me well this last year.

Amazon is pretty good too from Japanese sellers. Expect about 2 weeks to 2 months for them to arrive unless your paying expedited shipping.

floatman
Mar 17, 2009
Thanks for all the recommendation guys. I was trying to find something local but looking at the prices and range available it seems that ordering from Japan is the way to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

floatman posted:

Thanks for all the recommendation guys. I was trying to find something local but looking at the prices and range available it seems that ordering from Japan is the way to go

Where are you located?