Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Feenix posted:

I'd be happy if it hit the 30% off that it did on Amazon, but that may be wishful thinking.

It probably won't, but you will at least get some VIP points to bring it closer in line to the 30% off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just want an official modular announcement.

Also, I have a feeling mini modulars mk 2 will come out next year.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Waltzing Along posted:

It will be, but probably not by a ton. Right now the old batcave is 25% off. And they have been trying to clear those out for a long time. I think it has been 20% off for a few months. If it ever hits 50% AND I see it before it is gone 5 minutes later I will grab it.
Man, if they halve the '66 Batcave I MAY get it, but what an ugly set. I love the office and figs and vehicles, but 60% of that set is just studs-out cave wall. I dont think it would display decently at all.

Waltzing Along posted:

Also, I have a feeling mini modulars mk 2 will come out next year.
Did you see the latest "this is probably it" leak?

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 21, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
All the Brickheadz are "retiring soon".

I guess they didn't sell well.

Good. There are enough things Lego that people compulsively collect; we don' also need an avalanche of sets vomited out solely to create a "collectible".

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Who cares what lines they have available, if you don't like them, don't buy them.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

It also doesn't appear to be true as they aren't all listed as retiring soon and they have a bunch more coming out.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Waltzing Along posted:

Oh hey, there's a database entry for it, at least.

https://brickset.com/sets/10260-1/%7BDiner%7D

That would seem to confirm the leak, yeah?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Carbohydrates posted:

Oh hey, there's a database entry for it, at least.

https://brickset.com/sets/10260-1/%7BDiner%7D

That would seem to confirm the leak, yeah?

Brickset is fan based and they're just using info from the leak with a placeholder name. Some other internet person is claiming the announcement is next monday. Seems likely, but definitely not certain. Also someone found the speed champions sets, couple ford, couple ferrari, couple porsche. Pretty boring.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Scipiotik posted:

Brickset is fan based and they're just using info from the leak with a placeholder name. Some other internet person is claiming the announcement is next monday. Seems likely, but definitely not certain. Also someone found the speed champions sets, couple ford, couple ferrari, couple porsche. Pretty boring.
Brickset is fan based, but usually have enough requirements for submission that I'm inclined to believe that it's a diner, at least. Also, got a link for the Speed Champions stuff?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This thing is pretty sweet aside from the ugly bits sticking out all over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx6HFTpw9Oc

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

okay lets make a tiny lego representation of myself

and give it a neckbeard

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Ineptitude posted:

All the Brickheadz are "retiring soon".

I guess they didn't sell well.

Good. There are enough things Lego that people compulsively collect; we don' also need an avalanche of sets vomited out solely to create a "collectible".

$10 collectibles are a lot easier than $150+ collectibles.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Synthbuttrange posted:

okay lets make a tiny lego representation of myself

and give it a neckbeard

Like this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

If any of you are the crazy types, Wal-Mart is having a 900 piece Classics set (basically a bricks box) for a measly $20 on Black "Friday" (they open at 6pm on Thursday). That's an absurdly good deal, and whenever they have those bulk bricks sets, they always sell out pretty quickly. If they don't have a per-person limit, I fully expect one Bricklink or ebay seller to walk out the door with nearly all of them.
Fred Meyer's having 40% off Lego DC Girls and Nexo Knights on Black Friday. Target's got 30% off five sets--Friends: Heartlake Riding Club, Minecraft: The End Portal, Super Heroes: Harvest of Fear, Ninjago: Dawn of Iron Doom, and Star Wars: Battle on Takodana, so they're all $35 instead of $50.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Like this?

I was referring to the video above my post :v

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Do not speak ill of Jangbricks. he is the chill the world needs.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I wasn't surprised when he didn't understand why the women of NASA set was a good thing. But imagine he doesn't get out much. I know I wouldn't if I had that collection.

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 23, 2017

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I find myself disagreeing with a lot of his opinions on the sets, but his videos are super well produced so I still check them out if I'm ever thinking of buying something

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Pyroclastic posted:

If any of you are the crazy types, Wal-Mart is having a 900 piece Classics set (basically a bricks box) for a measly $20 on Black "Friday" (they open at 6pm on Thursday). That's an absurdly good deal, and whenever they have those bulk bricks sets, they always sell out pretty quickly. If they don't have a per-person limit, I fully expect one Bricklink or ebay seller to walk out the door with nearly all of them.
Fred Meyer's having 40% off Lego DC Girls and Nexo Knights on Black Friday. Target's got 30% off five sets--Friends: Heartlake Riding Club, Minecraft: The End Portal, Super Heroes: Harvest of Fear, Ninjago: Dawn of Iron Doom, and Star Wars: Battle on Takodana, so they're all $35 instead of $50.

Looks like you don't have to be quite so crazy for Walmart. You can order it online and arrange store pickup. https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Classic-Creative-Box-10704/55231377
Limit of 1.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sweet thanks. It wasn't there when I checked earlier. $20 for 900 pieces is great.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Got the Ninjago jungle bridge set for £15 at Sainsbury's today, don't often see good deals on Lego in ye olde England.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
Nabbed one. Good call on the online ordering for pickup. Lots of parts that will make it way cheaper to backfill than a brick link order

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone going to this:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/brick-palooza-lego-festival-2nd-annual-tickets-33794225438

I went last year. Was pretty cool. Probably going again next weekend.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Anyone seen any deals on any of the train sets? My oldest told Santa he wanted Lego trains, so I was thinking of getting in of the IR remote train kits. Probably passenger, but I’m amenable to the others, so log as it contains the control electronics.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Scipiotik posted:

I wasn't surprised when he didn't understand why the women of NASA set was a good thing. But imagine he doesn't get out much. I know I wouldn't if I had that collection.

The women of NASA set is a really lame set so....

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Dalaram posted:

Anyone seen any deals on any of the train sets? My oldest told Santa he wanted Lego trains, so I was thinking of getting in of the IR remote train kits. Probably passenger, but I’m amenable to the others, so log as it contains the control electronics.

ToysRUs had one on sale earlier this week, sold out online but maybe you can find in a store? https://www.toysrus.com/buy/science-fiction-adventure/lego-city-heavy-haul-train-60098-6100351-57106586

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

kensei posted:

ToysRUs had one on sale earlier this week, sold out online but maybe you can find in a store? https://www.toysrus.com/buy/science-fiction-adventure/lego-city-heavy-haul-train-60098-6100351-57106586

Awesome, thanks.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Hey Power functions question:

I figured the back/forward orange doodad on the battery pack above would mean I could have the 2 powered train ends (I modded 2 sets to power both ends) go in the same direction (ie: one rolled forward and one rolled backward) when I pressed a direction on the controller.

What does that little toggle even do?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Which toggle?

The one on the battery is forward/backward.

On the remote you have on/off, speed and I think the ones w/ the circle arrows are forward/backward but am not 100 on that one.

Oh, and the 1, 2, 3, 4 I believe choose what battery you are controlling.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't have the remote control thing, but I assume the directional control it has switches the polarity at the receiver. The switch on the batterybox switches the polarity that comes out. So you should be able to set one battery box going forward, and the other one going backward and have it work. Though I don't know exactly how the remote control works. If it works. If you can have two separate power sources or not. I would assume it would only accept one polarity at the time. Unless it sends one power input to one power output or something, you would probably need two remote receivers.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waltzing Along posted:

Which toggle?

The one on the battery is forward/backward.

On the remote you have on/off, speed and I think the ones w/ the circle arrows are forward/backward but am not 100 on that one.

Oh, and the 1, 2, 3, 4 I believe choose what battery you are controlling.

The one on the battery. But I tried flipping it both directions and the wheels went the same way on both cars...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Here ya go:

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/88000_Power_Functions_AAA_Battery_Box

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It says it reverses it. Which is what I expected... So if I have 2 engines on the same channel... with different toggle orientations, it should have one go forward and one go back, when I twist the wheel. And yet... no matter what my combination of toggle orientations, they always go the same way...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You might want to check the reddit technic lego sub. https://www.reddit.com/r/legotechnic/

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Oh man! Within a hair’s breadth of a third extended-length modded passenger car. Just need a few roof pieces.

Thanks for the reddit link. I’ll read up on it.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
good job, turds, your website is non-functional during a sale/product launch again

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Looks like the big ones for Lego's BF sale include Hoth UCS for $75 off, the Classic Batcave for $70 off, both Simpsons buildings for $40 off, the Heavy Haul Train for $40 off, Palace Cinema for $30 off, technic Heavy Lift Helicopter for $42 off, and Heartlake Hospital for $40 off.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

UCS Hoth is good at that price.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Feenix posted:

Hey Power functions question:

I figured the back/forward orange doodad on the battery pack above would mean I could have the 2 powered train ends (I modded 2 sets to power both ends) go in the same direction (ie: one rolled forward and one rolled backward) when I pressed a direction on the controller.

What does that little toggle even do?

It's a 'control switch' but what that actually means, I have no idea.

I just tested it and it's true that it's not a directional control at all. If you want both engines to go the same way, you're going to have to physically flip something around I'm afraid.

edit: I extended mine by 2 cars and it runs just fine on one engine.

edit2: you could also get this: https://www.lego.com/en-us/powerfunctions/products/control-switch-8869 which allows you to change the direction.

uXs fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Nov 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is the train motor able to go backwards at all? It could be that he motor only goes one way.