Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sir Lemming posted:

Just have Kevin inexplicably still be young.

No, have present age McCulkin playing a 10 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It takes place in the modern day with Kevin's son being alone in a giant mansion but the twist is that Kevin intentionally left his son Home Alone and he's the one who hired the Wet Bandits in a way toughen up Jr.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Powaqoatse posted:

No, have present age McCulkin playing a 10 year old.

Present age McCulkin reminds me of the kid who held his breath in the Stephen King story The Jaunt.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Detective No. 27 posted:

It takes place in the modern day with Kevin's son being alone in a giant mansion but the twist is that Kevin intentionally left his son Home Alone and he's the one who hired the Wet Bandits in a way toughen up Jr.

Also it's built like the Winchester manor with lots of purposely confusing and dangerous architecture.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Detective No. 27 posted:

That's pretty much what the conspiracy theory about the first movie says because there's a scene where dad throws Kevin's plane tickets into the trash.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Palpek posted:

That's pretty much what the conspiracy theory about the first movie says because there's a scene where dad throws Kevin's plane tickets into the trash.

He throws them into the trash with a lot of other stuff because milk got all over the table and everything. Pretty heavily implied that he did not see the tickets.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Milk can't melt reinforced cardboard.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The MSJ posted:

Present age McCulkin reminds me of the kid who held his breath in the Stephen King story The Jaunt.

Haha holy poo poo, I can see that

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The MSJ posted:

Hahaha. LONGER THAN YOU THINK DAD!!!

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Palpek posted:

Milk can't melt reinforced cardboard.

:discourse:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Those tickets looked so cool. I don't even know what modern day plane tickets. Do they just scan your phone and then feel you up? I haven't been on a plane since 2006.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Paper tickets haven't really changed that much. You CAN get your boarding pass on your phone though.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Detective No. 27 posted:

Those tickets looked so cool. I don't even know what modern day plane tickets. Do they just scan your phone and then feel you up? I haven't been on a plane since 2006.
The only real change is that the font doesn't look like it was printed on a 300lb dot matrix.
No holograms or cool poo poo at all.

The phone ones are usually like QR looking things anyway.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
May the Fourth Be With You.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The Hulk will reenact that Loki scene but with Kylo Ren.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just saw the trailer for this.

May well be the first real comic book movie. Quicksilver comes back from the dead.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

May well be the first real comic book movie. Quicksilver comes back from the dead.

They got to have Quicksilver. He's got to die again defeating the Anti Monitor.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

Wanda's peak probability powers or Thanos starting to mess with reality, I wonder.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

lol

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

The MSJ posted:

His dad would probably forget about him and leave him in the shuttle.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Inspired by True Events" refers to the recasting, right?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

Wanda's peak probability powers or Thanos starting to mess with reality, I wonder.

Right now MCU Wanda is just vague 'red energy telekinesis and telepathy' stuff, it'll be interesting if they take her the same way as the comics and then do the 'losing control' story. That could be a pretty messed up movie in a cool way.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

They don't even give a poo poo anymore, just come watch the goddamn Porg, you filthy animal

Entire gallery with 16 other terrible ones

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For the new Batman animated film

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Empire cover is even better

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Magazines have the worst loving cover designers. Couldn't you even flip half of them horizontally so the copy+paste job isn't so obvious?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Giant Novelty Chinese Fingertrap Hat Man owns.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Wow. I didn't think there was a way to make anime worse, but then here we are.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Thought that was Ralph Fiennes until I read the name. Anyone else?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

One story is Day-Lewis is retiring to become a dressmaker because of this film. Could you imagine if he had starred in The Wrestler instead?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Too Shy Guy posted:

Giant Novelty Chinese Fingertrap Hat Man owns.

I th--think that's Two Face...?

e: no, can't be, that's him in the 'N.'

Who else in Batman continuity.... ohhh poo poo is that Red Hood?

ee: Nnnoo, there's Nightwing, Jason and Tim right behind Batman....... is that Commissioner Gordon?

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 1, 2017

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Dude was already into craftsmanship. He retired and became a shoemaker for a few years in the late 90s.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

ee: Nnnoo, there's Nightwing, Jason and Tim right behind Batman....... is that Commissioner Gordon?

It’s probably Red Hood due to the red headgear and guns. There seems to be all 4 main Robins in the movie including Damian.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

The bad guys at the top are Harley Quinn, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Joker, Gorilla Grodd, Deathstroke, and Penguin.

The good guys at the bottom are Catwoman, Robin, Nightwing, Batman, Red Robin, Alfred, and Red Hood

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

NO.

edit:

Tell me this isn't Imperial Vader Ball

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 1, 2017

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
We have uploaded Lord Vader's consciousness into a medicine ball.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Would accept only if it followed Kylo Ren around and constantly berated him for what a disappointment he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I wonder if the fact that the "bad" droid's head is only half as large as BB-8's is meant to signify a lack of something, or a missing part. Maybe the First Order physically removed that part of the droid that permitted disobedience?