Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah with Nail, you're not dealing with the average Namekian warrior anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nail was literally the only namekian warrior on the planet (the rest were basically the namekian equivalent to farmer w/ shotgun). u6 didn't go through their race being nearly wiped out so presumably they've got more people that are actually worth a drat in a fight

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Think about how it must feel to have a significant number of your people literally sacrifice their lives to make you stronger in a bid to stave off universal annihilation only to find out that it wasn't nearly enough.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
drat this was a great episode.

Kanos posted:

Think about how it must feel to have a significant number of your people literally sacrifice their lives to make you stronger in a bid to stave off universal annihilation only to find out that it wasn't nearly enough.

That said, I think DBSuper doesn't actually want the audience to think very much about that given how they reacted after their defeat.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kanos posted:

They didn't have to think about it for long.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Pureauthor posted:

That said, I think DBSuper doesn't actually want the audience to think very much about that given how they reacted after their defeat.

Oh, definitely. It would be pretty out of place if they dwelled on that in Dragonball, it's just a super hosed up thing if you think about it for a little bit.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rutibex posted:

They didn't have to think about it for long.

And the literal holes in their bodies probably distracted them from even that.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

u6 didn't go through their race being nearly wiped out so presumably they've got more people that are actually worth a drat in a fight

or the lack of serious fights and testing made them severely underestimate what they should consider a powerful warrior.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That episode was loving amazing and I love this arc so much

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Another Person posted:

or the lack of serious fights and testing made them severely underestimate what they should consider a powerful warrior.

I mean, they were going toe to toe with gohan at his best and kicking the poo poo out of piccolo. that ain't exactly weak

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I mean, they were going toe to toe with gohan at his best and kicking the poo poo out of piccolo. that ain't exactly weak

after absorbing everyone they could

i meant pre-absorbing

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

even being as strong as nail, who probably never fought a single person until freeza showed up, would put them near the top of the whole universe

they'd probably be more like kami before he split with piccolo tho

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Don't y'all remember how the only Namek who wasn't Piccolo that didn't get utterly cream cracked was Nail and that any other Namek who fought back was killed easily by Frieza's goons.

I'd be surprised if every namek in all universes could add up to Piccolo at his worst*

*using entirely unapplicable logical thinking and applying it to dragonball fights

Kami was by that point shittier than a good half of them and fusing with him made Piccolo a God for about 5 minutes

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Both of them at once were, Gohan was on the backfoot but he was still able to take them on simultaneously

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Both of them at once were, Gohan was on the backfoot but he was still able to take them on simultaneously

you're saying this like it's not impressive but it still is. gohan's like top 10 in the tournament, which means he's one of the strongest non god characters to exist period

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

even being as strong as nail, who probably never fought a single person until freeza showed up, would put them near the top of the whole universe

true, easy to forget that most of the universe is a chump

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

you're saying this like it's not impressive but it still is. gohan's like top 10 in the tournament, which means he's one of the strongest non god characters to exist period

The best/worst thing about that is none of the other universes appreciate this

The last time the other GoDs saw Gohan, and Toppo for that matter, he was a scrub who could barely be stronger than SSJ.

And they've clearly not been paying attention to him either, so they have no idea what to expect when he does make his move near the end.

Also Freeza, Jesus Christ, he really has turned Goku into his new Ginyu

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Reminder that Nappa said that Vegeta and his usual tactic was to plant a couple Saibamen and then take a nap. Saibamen are considered a world ending threat to most of the known universe.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
All the people who are like “wanna see more of the u6 Namekians” better realize after this tournament they are going to just use their dragon balls to unfuse

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The animation when Gohan fought the Namekians was really fuckin good

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

All the people who are like “wanna see more of the u6 Namekians” better realize after this tournament they are going to just use their dragon balls to unfuse

They can't do that because they are erased.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

That one Gohan downward punch that face-floored that namekian me :hellyeah: verily.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Is it the same people directing the last few episodes because DBS got Pretty Good in terms of choreography.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Gohan was going full power against two ssj blue-level Namekians and wasn't tired at all. When he loses his composure and has a tantrum all bets are off. Raging Saiyans are really powerful and Super's done a good job showing this fact with that's my Bulma, future Trunks and Kale. Basically, Piccolo needs to do three things: Remind Gohan about his rage, tell him that the World of Void has nothing in it so he can't hurt anything and then sacrifice his life while giving Gohan a one-armed hug (he naturally lost the other arm).

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I thought for sure Piccolo or Juuhachigou-san were gonna get chumped this episode

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So Ultra Instinct is like a drug in inevitably the self makes too much of a tolerance to any danger you could potentially push yourself through to break through the shell, without being able to just do that through willpower? UI is basically becoming a junkie to your instincts?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Crabtree posted:

So Ultra Instinct is like a drug in inevitably the self makes too much of a tolerance to any danger you could potentially push yourself through to break through the shell, without being able to just do that through willpower? UI is basically becoming a junkie to your instincts?

Even Zeno-sama will be blown away!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Kashuno posted:

Wouldn't be at all surprised to find out they can't do this. They're made to combine together and it really seems more like this is supposed to be a permanent thing.

Neo_Crimson posted:

The Super Dragonballs were created by a Namekian Dragon God, so it makes sense they're in the 2 universes with Namekians.

I'm pretty sure this is backwards. They said Namekians broke small pieces off of the Super Dragonballs and that is how they were able to start creating them.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I can't believe that Dragon Ball is so good right now.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
I love :smug: Frieza but wanna see him fight someone who has to make him at least try a little. But really with who is left thats like Jiren or maybe Toppo.

Champa-sama :smith:. Loved the bit with Vados at the end tho.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

If any fool can learn how to tap into a state of being permanently high, it’s goddamn Goku

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ougher posted:

I love :smug: Frieza but wanna see him fight someone who has to make him at least try a little. But really with who is left thats like Jiren or maybe Toppo.

Champa-sama :smith:. Loved the bit with Vados at the end tho.

Frieza will fight Gohan, who will be the last man standing after Frieza dishonourably scores a double KO against Goku and Jiren to claim the dragon ball wish

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Crabtree posted:

I think the "ideal" of UI is that you can just have it active naturally all the time, but Goku hasn't mastered it yet so he can only really attain it when pushed to his breaking point

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Couldn't the androids with their infinite energy give Goku some of that power like Freeza did?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Something something only organic beings can give energy something something.

Alternatively, something something Goku won't accept more handouts because it'd be less fun something something.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

seiferguy posted:

Couldn't the androids with their infinite energy give Goku some of that power like Freeza did?

Their ki may be actually artificial. Ki is a natural energy so the energy they produce MIGHT NOT BE KI??????????

The issue with this is that they were able to contribute to the Spirit Bomb, so really who the gently caress knows

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I like that 17 and 18 have become Goku’s best buddies during the tournament.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Star Man posted:

What kind of champagne should I use so that I can pour a cold one out for Champa?

The one with the most calories

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Burkion posted:

Their ki may be actually artificial. Ki is a natural energy so the energy they produce MIGHT NOT BE KI??????????

The issue with this is that they were able to contribute to the Spirit Bomb, so really who the gently caress knows

Especially since their ki is undetectable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

The Awesomesaurus posted:

I like that 17 and 18 have become Goku’s best buddies during the tournament.

They were created to kill him and now they are his best bodyguards.