Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So U3's probably getting axed next episode, and unless they pull some really amazing poo poo that'll leave U7 with five or six people to U11's three. Which means there's no reason at all for Goku to fight Jiren anymore. If he, or Vegeta for that matter, does then they'll be putting their entire universe at risk purely for their own satisfaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

TrilliontonNixon posted:

So U3's probably getting axed next episode, and unless they pull some really amazing poo poo that'll leave U7 with five or six people to U11's three. Which means there's no reason at all for Goku to fight Jiren anymore. If he, or Vegeta for that matter, does then they'll be putting their entire universe at risk purely for their own satisfaction.

Have you metwatched Goku or Vegeta though?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Why are you assuming that Jiren wouldn't start throwing people off the stage at that point?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Andrast posted:

Why are you assuming that Jiren wouldn't start throwing people off the stage at that point?

Jiren's not going to do anything. Dude spent like three episodes napping, he doesn't give a poo poo.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
What is wrong with all of you, everyone knows you have to press left-right in perfect time with the pokeball shaking back and forth to guarantee a catch!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

You tapped A the moment the ball closed on the 'mon, then you pressed down+B to keep it closed. :colbert:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Rutibex posted:

It seems to be the embarrassing tactic of every universe to commit suicide instead of hide. When they are down to one-two fighters they always power up to maximum and attack universe 7 head on, in a last ditch effort! But wouldn't it make a lot more sense to just hide and wait? Crawl under some rubble and wait for Goku and Jiren to beat he crap out of each other. Come out out when there is only one opponent left and you have an actual chance.

Don't charge at Gohan!

If you're at the point where you're down to one or two members and another universe has seven, you don't exactly have much choice but to go on the offensive. Whichever universe has the most contestants in the ring wins, waiting it out isn't gonna even the odds. It also wouldn't make much sense to attack one of the weaker universes because that again just puts the universe with most members in an even stronger position

If anything, it's U7 that's best served by avoiding all fights and letting the clock run out just because they're in the lead now.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its dumb none of the universes didnt cooperate even once

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They did once in the first episode of this, where people from 9, 4 and 6 showed up in front of the friendship circle to wave their arms and go "OOOOOOH, WE'RE GONNA GET YOU!" Then they just disappeared.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

tapping a was also definitely a thing in the 90s my man

its like soda and pop

like, tapping a is soda and really wrong and why people failed to catch all the pokers and down+b is pop and justice.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stairmaster posted:

6 and 7 worked together a couple times

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Stairmaster posted:

I remember it seemed like they were all gonna team up on Jiren, but then...nothing happened and they vanished.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I wonder if the Universe 7 fighters will all get knocked off individually. I really didn't like what they did with U2 and U9 where a group of three people all get blown off by the same attack.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

6 and 7 worked together a couple times

well, he did say none of the universe didn't cooperate...

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpCKnz84Bfk

why hasnt vegeta killed goku yet

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Holy poo poo

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

They dont really seem that saggy

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Would Goku even know boobs sag, or know they're called boobs? I admit, I kind of like the touch of Vegeta rushing in to see if Bulma was in danger or something.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Goku hosed Chichi enough times to produce at least two children

plus he is a man of nature

he probably knows what boobies are

AND HE IS PROBABLY HUNG LIKE A drat HORSE

NOW YOU'RE PICTURING IT IN YOUR MIND

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Yes Goku knows what they are his mentor was loving Roshi.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
He just doesnt know what kissing is because those weren't in Master Roshi's special books

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well it's not from lack of trying

also the dub is incredible

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fartbox posted:

Fun fact when Goku goes ssj it also changes the color of his pubes.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Fartbox posted:

Goku hosed Chichi enough times to produce at least two children

plus he is a man of nature

he probably knows what boobies are

I'm pretty sure ChiChi tricked Goku into thinking sex was a form of fighting which is how Gohan and Goten were conceived.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
How people feel about this last episode is how I've felt about most of this arc

The high points are really really high, all-time series high even, but it's hard for me to forget the vast stretches of nothing

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

vast stretches of nothing

like universe 6

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Because he can't do it. He's tried it several times and it's never worked.

Edit: Life's weird, you know. Back when Vegeta was murdering space Yakuza prince planning on stealing immortality in order to off his boss and take the throne for himself at no point did he look at Goku, the last of his subjects, and think "in 20 years time that man is going to insult my wife's tits and I won't do poo poo about it".

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 11, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It does say a lot about Goku that it was probably for the best that he wasn't around most of the time when his children were growing up.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

David D. Davidson posted:

I'm pretty sure ChiChi tricked Goku into thinking sex was a form of fighting which is how Gohan and Goten were conceived.

She comes out in a negligee and he's all "Oh, Master Roshi gave you special training clothes too?"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gonzo McFee posted:

Because he can't do it. He's tried it several times and it's never worked.

Edit: Life's weird, you know. Back when Vegeta was murdering space Yakuza prince planning on stealing immortality in order to off his boss and take the throne for himself at no point did he look at Goku, the last of his subjects, and think "in 20 years time that man is going to insult my wife's tits and I won't do poo poo about it".

I've said it before but Vegeta's character arc 100% makes up for 90% of the cast never developing beyond learning new moves. The dude goes from wanting to murder everyone and take immortality so he can kill the space hitler he works for and be the new space hitler to being a better family man than the main character and dealing with the guy he wanted to kill most as his dumb as a brick defacto best bro.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Oh man Sean has just been killing it. :allears:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

oh my goodness the dub is a treasure

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

The dub is a loving treasure.

And agreeing so much on the talk of Vegeta's character growth making up for like, ALL of the series' shortcomings in general. As cliche as it is, give me humanized, protective of his wife, proud of his son Vegeta over older Vegeta any day.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvRSnRwRFFc

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I love that Vegeta was about to take that opportunity to hit Goku in his dumb face.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
We know have it confirmed that Goku is a boob man tho

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

We know have it confirmed that Goku is a boob man tho

Well, yeah, I mean the woman he married is named Chichi.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Holy poo poo I loving love the dub. :allears:

Also between early DB, the episode in the Buu saga when he was trying to bribe Elder Kai, and Super it feels like they're hinting that Goku was attracted to Bulma. Or at least acknowledged she was attractive. I want a filler moment where Goku brings up the pussy slapping thing he did to Bulma and Vegeta flips his poo poo in response.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Oh my god, I should really start watching the dub I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

How people feel about this last episode is how I've felt about most of this arc

The high points are really really high, all-time series high even, but it's hard for me to forget the vast stretches of nothing

All of this wouldn't be bad at all if we weren't waiting week to week.

Try watching the old sagas with 4-5 episodes for any progression and then compare it to watching this in bulk, with only 2 episodes wait until another dramatic point. We just have a week to talk in between episodes now.