Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
My wish list for the 8 dlc characters: roshi, kefla, jiren, Broly, dabura, bulma in a mech, toppo, Android 17.

Not interested in any more saiyans like raditz or burdock or even cabba that aren’t going to add any interesting or unique move sets. I really hope the rumors about 2 of them being base form Goku and Vegeta aren’t true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Meanwhile, in Xenoverse 2-land we have...this guy.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/940925514054754305

Considering the in-game data found, this is most likely Fuu, Demigra and Towa's son, with an all-new older design. This is the first time XV DLC brings in a completely new character (Towa and Mira were made playable in XV as DLC but they already existed in the story, not to mention Online. Fuu comes from Online but he was a baby there, so anything about him beyond name and backstory is brand-new).

Most importantly, check out that down-right corner. Super Mr. Satan. The hero we deserve.

SUPER SATAN EXISTS

Will this be the final DLC pack for Xenoverse 2 then?

IcePhoenix posted:

Last night was pretty good tho

Excellent way to start off 2018- let's all decide NOT to elect a sexual predator. I'm glad we could all agree on that and didn't make it a close race, Alabama.

Let's see more of the same

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm glad that Arc's is adding special finishers, I'd love to see Cell get disintegrated by gohans level 3 super.

This game is going to be incredible.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm glad Zamasu is gonna be in this game and that he is supported by his best friend Zamasu.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can't wait to see Black and Hit's movesets :allears:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Augus posted:

I can't wait to see Black and Hit's movesets :allears:

It's not quite the same, but here's the translated scan, so you have more of an idea of how they work.
And here's the scan for the dramatic finishers, too.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I feel like I'm kinda alone in not being very excited for the game, but at the same time I don't want to be a downer...

See, I really liked the tenkaichi budokai games, or rather I really liked 3 on the Wii with the motion controls and everything, is there anything in this game for me? I'm not very big on fighters like melty blood, guilty gear and Skullgirls. They are kinda too hardcore for me.

(I ironically managed to get some enjoyment out of ultimate tenkaichi, but not a lot)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

perish

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Mordaedil posted:

I feel like I'm kinda alone in not being very excited for the game, but at the same time I don't want to be a downer...

See, I really liked the tenkaichi budokai games, or rather I really liked 3 on the Wii with the motion controls and everything, is there anything in this game for me? I'm not very big on fighters like melty blood, guilty gear and Skullgirls. They are kinda too hardcore for me.

(I ironically managed to get some enjoyment out of ultimate tenkaichi, but not a lot)

This is explicitly a very easy game for execution, it's by far and away the prettiest and most lovingly made DBZ game we've ever gotten, and it's going to rule.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
At least these character reveals are interesting compared to the last batch of Gotenks, Adult Gohan, and Kid Buu.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

you're not alone. I don't like fighting games much so this game does nothing for me outside of being nice to look at

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

I mean this is basically MARVEL V.S. CAPCOM, only with goddamn DBZ. We never have gotten that. EVER.

edit: Die who said Gotenks wasn't interesting.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Mordaedil posted:

I feel like I'm kinda alone in not being very excited for the game
Nah, I'm with you there. I haven't particularly cared for a DBZ fighting game since Tenkaichi 3.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Kefla is the only good fusion they've had fight me On FighterZ once the Kefla DLC comes out

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Mordaedil posted:

If it makes any difference ArcSys games have really, really good tutorials and this game in particular has very easy inputs. If you can do a basic Hadoken motion, you're good to go for FighterZ.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the good thing about liking tenkaichi budokai 3 is that if you have a remotely ok pc, you could emulate the PS2 version because people mod in everything you'd want in a dragonball game, including el hermano del jiren.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's mostly the roster focusing on the Z-era characters I've seen a bajillion times in games already that kind of bores me, but Black/Hit/Beerus are closer to what I want I guess and the game really does look like it has a lot of love put into it.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 13, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if the game had come out like a year later, there might have been a bunch of tournament of power characters in it

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I hope Vegeta Blue has a purple Vegeta colour scheme

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Manatee Cannon posted:

if the game had come out like a year later, there might have been a bunch of tournament of power characters in it
Aren't the only prominent characters in the tournament already in the game? I think Jiren is the only relevant ToP character that isn't in it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Aren't the only prominent characters in the tournament already in the game? I think Jiren is the only relevant ToP character that isn't in it.

hit is literally the only person not from u7 in the entire game, at least as of now anyway

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Between Caulifla, Kale and Kefla at least one of them would probably make it in the game.

Toppo is also fairly major and his fighting style would cover the grappler angle that every fighting game needs one or two of.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Manatee Cannon posted:

hit is literally the only person not from u7 in the entire game, at least as of now anyway
I thought the U6 Saiyans were confirmed?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

idk where you got that from but every character list I've seen has just u7 people and hit

well goku black is kind of an edge case if you want to be pedantic but he's not in the top so w/e

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

There's dlc characters planned but no official word on what those characters are. I choose to believe that base form Goku and Vegeta are baseless rumours.

In a just world, though, Ribrianne would be one of those dlc characters.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

a cartoon duck posted:

There's dlc characters planned but no official word on what those characters are.
Ah, that must be where my confusion came in.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can't imagine them not putting in any ToP characters with the DLC

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Broly and Kale in the same fighter pack.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm sure Kefla or her components, and Jiren will be added as DLC but it started development too late for them, so I didn't expect anyone newer than Black (who is Zamasu from Universe 10 thus Hit is not the only non-U7 character).

Buu has an animation from the Zen Exhibition Match but that's likely the newest thing in the game, much as I'd enjoy Bergamo.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Mordaedil posted:

I'm probably the exact opposite. I don't like the budokai series at all. I mean, I did as a kid, but as I got into fighting games I started to get that from a technical level, the games are shallow as hell and all the fighters more or less play the same. That's why I'm excited for the roster, despite a bunch of the characters already being in dbz fighting games. Everyone in fighter z seems play differently. It's the gameplay of the characters that matters, not shoehorning every dbz character ever.

But seriously, this game is made by my favorite fighting game developer, using my favorite fighting game type (3 v 3) and it's a goddamn DBZ game. I booked the day off work for this poo poo and I've never, ever done that for a video game before.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 13, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
From Beerus's bio on those scans he Destroys Black if he uses it on him.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Was wondering what that was about since Black and Beerus never really interacted in the first place, but the Zamasu destruction scene makes sense, yeah.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Please ArcSys make your first DLC all of the U2 fighters complete with love transformations if you choose appropriate characters

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I'd foresee Ribrianne using the Ginyu 'mess of strikers' mechanic.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

a cartoon duck posted:

In a just world, though, Ribrianne would be one of those dlc characters.

Every time you try to skip her intro she chastises you and starts it over until it hits full completion.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I want a specific interaction between Hit and Gotenks's Galactic Donuts.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this week's episode was such a bland ball of nothing that I just now went to Crunchyroll to "get around to watching this week's episode and see what happens after U6 and 2 are erased."
I was confused when the site said I had already watched the episode and I had to really scratch my brain to remember that, oh yeah, they fought a bug and an invisible dude and some illusions and then the dumb rat's universe got erased.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Can't lie, U4 actually did have some really good and smart ideas to play the field with their last three fighters, but then they all got brain damaged and went all-in to be slaughtered

Just really lame and boring to see happen but then who cares about a rat with an obnoxious forced cough-laugh

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm more pissed because like, we've had quite a few instances of fighters being INCREDIBLY close to the edge while fighting or for no reason at all! U4 had all the tools to just occasionally be like *boop* and have everyone in the tournament spend the entire fight on edge. U4 could've made this tournament absolutely amazing, and it makes the complete uselessness of them even more frustrating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I want to play as the tiny bug man in FighterZ