Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I also like Suzukis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I also like Suzukis.

:hfive:

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

my first bike was an '81 suzuki GS750 and it was amazing. my friend now owns it and it's been 3/4 back together but never ready to ride again.

That said : other friend had an 82 gs550l that we've dubbed "Basket Case" because we've spent countless hours on the thing that will run for about 10 minutes and then die inexplicably.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I dunno, I have loved every Suzuki I’ve owned and never once has one given me lick of trouble. Reading the forums you’d think they were on par with the worst Chinese knockoffs.

Could be there's an element of "seems like all the Suzukis I see are hosed up and rusted to poo poo" and that's the case because they're cheap and bought by cheap people who don't look after their bikes, rather than because they're cheap *full stop*

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I also like Suzukis.

Same.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Honestly all of the modern big 4 are pretty loving good. And companies like triumph, BMW, victory, etc have come out of the woods from a QC standpoint as well. Modern bikes are pretty drat good across the board and just aren’t missing much anymore. It’s a good time to be a rider.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I dunno, I have loved every Suzuki I’ve owned and never once has one given me lick of trouble. Reading the forums you’d think they were on par with the worst Chinese knockoffs.

Where's poor Schroeder...

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

My only complaints about the quality of my Suzuki is that the seat is cheaply made and splits in the corners and the chromed bits aren't much chop either and prone to rust spotting. The paint on my front wheel is peeling as well. 09 bike and I'm pretty sure the last guy who owned it just left it out in the weather full time between 09 and 16 when I bought it

All the bits that matter are fine.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nerdrock posted:

my first bike was an '81 suzuki GS750 and it was amazing. my friend now owns it and it's been 3/4 back together but never ready to ride again.

That said : other friend had an 82 gs550l that we've dubbed "Basket Case" because we've spent countless hours on the thing that will run for about 10 minutes and then die inexplicably.

Sounds like a marginal coil loving off when it gets warm.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Everything Suzuki makes besides the obvious 3 brands is pretty awful compared to their counterparts, either because of looks or mechanical tech or some combination of both.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I like Suzuki.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

They made a 700cc single.

800cc (779) even. :eng101:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I like Suzuki.

800cc (779) even. :eng101:

Oh yeah, for some reason I always think it’s a 700

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
DR Big I think it was called. Single cylinder 750 or 800.

I don't harbor a lot of enthusiasm for Suzuki products these days. I've owned a '74 TM 400, '82 RM 250, Katana(s), Bandit, GSXR 750 and a G1 Hayabusa, briefly. I've had a few more Zukis than that, this is the short list. Over the years I've had to deal with weird spark plugs, shifting forks that would bend at high RPM, sub-frames that cracked and broke and plastics issues to name a few. The common thread between all of them seems to be lower build quality, more expensive parts, parts that seem to become discontinued way before they should, and a lot of weird niggling issues, moreso than other big 4 bikes that I've owned. As far as my warranty experience, Suzuki seems to be more difficult to deal with to get warranty repairs done, especially TSB corrections. Rant over.

That being said, I'm on the lookout for a M109R BOSS to add to my collection. I haven't given up on them, M109 has been a line production bike for more than a decade so I'm pretty sure it's well sorted out by now.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The m109 is a great bike with an amazingly bad riding position and about 10mm of ground clearance. Looks cool though if that's your jam.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
It's snowing here, and SUV's are getting stuck leaving the neighborhood. My car barely made it back into it's parking spot. But I'm out of beer and it's finals so I decided to see if the bush pig could do it. It did and it was awesome. Just like riding through mud at the worst, and tractored me up hills past stuck and confused people.

BEST BIEK

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Fuckyes!

you need a taglight :P

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'm probably gonna end up with a dr650 when I finally offload my horrible dirt bikes and it'll be partially your fault.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dr650’s are really good and cool so that’s a good decision.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

cursedshitbox posted:

you need a taglight :P

It's a DIRTbike not DOTbike, dad!!

Slavvy posted:

I'm probably gonna end up with a dr650 when I finally offload my horrible dirt bikes and it'll be partially your fault.

They make red DR650s over there?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's my second choice, first option would be an xr650 and they only come in red but I'm not made of money.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

:justpost:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

I really need to get the gently caress out of the midwest

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Not every day is a great day for riding here, but on saturday it was like 50 degrees and a clear day, and it was pretty drat awesome to go zoom.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

Honestly all of the modern big 4 are pretty loving good. And companies like triumph, BMW, victory, etc have come out of the woods from a QC standpoint as well. Modern bikes are pretty drat good across the board and just aren’t missing much anymore. It’s a good time to be a rider.

Yeah, I've been saying this for a while, this is probably a golden age to be a biker. You can pick up cheap middleweight bikes with performance that would shame a 90s superbike, but which are also comfortable, easy to ride, and are easier and cheaper to maintain than a Honda Cub. Well maybe not quite on that last one, but it's getting close. If the price I have to pay for a Ducati Monster with over a hundred horsepower, 24k belt valve maintenance and a clutch pull lighter than my old RS125, is every second bike being a ridiculous nerdventure thing I'm happy with that.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Rental bieks in Ecuador.

Come ride bikes in Ecuador. Jesus, the roads are amazing. So's the loving mud. But drat. The riding. It's so, so, so good.

So good.

My wife and her rental Husky 701 (yeah, it was a bit tall for her, and yeah, she's a loving superhero):

Me on my rental Honda Africa Twin:

The loving mud:

Not shown: hundreds of kilometers of perfectly-paved twisties with phenomenal views. We didn't want to stop to take photos, because we just didn't want to stop.

Come ride in Ecuador, friends. It's amazing.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Very cool. Not buying your well paved twisties story without photos though :v.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Vahakyla posted:

Not every day is a great day for riding here, but on saturday it was like 50 degrees and a clear day, and it was pretty drat awesome to go zoom.

nice biek dawg, man been a while since i seen your name-- not since we used to do realistic sim on war thunder

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

What I love about this picture is that it could be almost anywhere (except the Midwest).

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Razzled posted:

nice biek dawg, man been a while since i seen your name-- not since we used to do realistic sim on war thunder

What was your mumble name?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
probably just razzle since that's what it was in WT. we didn't fly too much but you were around the most to teach me the ropes of sim mode

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Razzled posted:

probably just razzle since that's what it was in WT. we didn't fly too much but you were around the most to teach me the ropes of sim mode

I remember most from their mumble names. Sorry maaan, now I sound like a dick. Glad to have helped though, I miss those good times of flying a poo poo ton of sim.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Fun times, tempered somewhat by needing to stay up till 3am to play with people who speak English. :suicide:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Vahakyla posted:

I remember most from their mumble names. Sorry maaan, now I sound like a dick. Glad to have helped though, I miss those good times of flying a poo poo ton of sim.

I also miss playing sim with ya, glad to see you're on a bike now!

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Get out was/still is the best 'clan' of goons, miss playing with the old mumble crew and sperging out.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
drat this thread has turned into a nostalgia trip. Miss you guys, those were great times. We got all the legends checking in here.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Didn't you play occasionally Il-2 as well, Vahakyla? Super weird to realise that was 6-7 years ago now :psyduck:

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Yeah I taught a bunch of goons to fly in War Thunder, DCS, Falcon, and IL2.

I used to work nights at a strip club fighting rednecks, I had all the time in the world to just fly sims all the drat time.

It feels like a million years ago. Those were some legit good times. I’m knee deep in the memory lane.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Remember when we found out you could time your que to all get into the same games?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dPeu4QMVmM

I miss those days :( We need f2p motorbike game.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Man do I miss the desert. 950 is pretty fun here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH

More winter brappo, this time it was only -4c and I had heat pads in the shoes. It was so much better.