Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Star Man posted:

I have never liked Mr. Satan and have never seen the appeal.

He's one of like three characters that get's a solid arc and character development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Hot take: Mr Satan is funny in small doses but he's really run into the ground by people pretending he's Dragon Ball's MVP

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
He stopped Buu

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I like Mr. Satan because in any other anime/manga he would be the cosmic plaything arrogant fraud that is only used for gags till the author completely forgets about him/decides it's "SIRIUS TIME" and shifts focus into the final battle/conflict/whatever, but here he gets a full arc showing that hey, he may be an arrogant rear end in a top hat but that doesn't mean he is completely worthless.

Plus as redeeming arcs in Dragon Ball go, I feel douche that lies is a bit more relatable than green step space dad or angry space monkey prince.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

for you maybe

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Yeah, I'll have you know that as a fellow slug monster from space who routinely abducts children to help me take over the world I found Piccolo's story inspiring.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shindragon posted:

Honestly not trying to be a debbie downer but they asked the English VA if he was gonna be in it and he said nope.

But.. he probably could be just under NDA.

I met Josh Martin and Chris Rager, English VAs of Buu and Mr. Satan respectively. Martin is under an NDA, but Rager isn't because Mr. Satan isn't in it. At least they didn't ask him to be in it. Josh Martin wouldn't say a word because of his NDA.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
The manga is... really good

They have 17 basically agreeing to join the tournament because he thanks krillin for his post cell wish

Also there's foreshadowing goku and whis have worked on UI before

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tbp posted:

Also there's foreshadowing goku and whis have worked on UI before

This is in the anime, like, Vegeta even flashes back to it and everything.

Also Android 17 agreeing to join the tournment to get a sweet boat for his family is way better as a personality point than "to thank Krillin."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Episode out. Aniraza next episode.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Well, that was definitely better than the last episode. Then again, they'd have to be actively trying to make it worse.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

robots definitely putting up a better showing than the rat's stupid gimmicks

wonder how many they're gonna take with them when they lose to u7

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tonight was a good episode, though I do have two major gripes with it: some of the animation was bad again (some of the shots of Vegeta looked especially MSPaint-y), and they wasted a perfect opportunity to have the androids use Accel Dance

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Gohan vs. Getter Robo was better than I thought it would be. Better than last week at least, as others have already said.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Even Freeza getting involved nice

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

IcePhoenix posted:

Tonight was a good episode, though I do have two major gripes with it: some of the animation was bad again (some of the shots of Vegeta looked especially MSPaint-y), and they wasted a perfect opportunity to have the androids use Accel Dance

Yeah come on, Roshi used the goddamn sleepy boy technique but they haven't busted that out once yet.

Otherwise this episode was better than I thought it'd be mostly because I was sure Gohan was about to get chumped. Did anyone else think 17 and 18 murdered that robot at first? It's like they don't even care if they kill someone and just happen to luck out.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Everyone having to band together against this next big merged dude makes sense- they're going to get eliminated soon, so this is the big group finale before things get pared down for the showdown against Jiren and friends. Still a fun fight, glad Gohan got to do some stuff

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Here are my predictions for things coming up:

Next week, 17 and/or 18 gets eliminated, as does the new quadruple fusion guy, and U3 is erased.
Vegeta fights Jiren, possibly unlocks the attack version of Ultra Instinct, but still fails, but probably not eliminated.
Gohan and any Androids that are still in, if either of them are, fights Toppo and rings him out.
Frieza finally rings out Dyspo.
After Toppo and Dyspo get eliminated, Jiren basically flips out (stoically of course) and eliminates everyone except Goku and Vegeta, who have to fuse to even stand a chance.
And after that...no idea.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
No chance Jiren takes out Freeza

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm not sure how to feel about this guy who just started talking this episode taking out potentially both Androids, and possibly just by overpowering them while almost everyone else lost through trickery.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ImpAtom posted:

Also Android 17 agreeing to join the tournment to get a sweet boat for his family is way better as a personality point than "to thank Krillin."

Especially since the anime already showed us how he feels about Krillin, even calling him his brother.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Justin_Brett posted:

I'm not sure how to feel about this guy who just started talking this episode taking out potentially both Androids, and possibly just by overpowering them while almost everyone else lost through trickery.

you mean 4 guys because it's literally a 4 person fusion.

This should have been more of the ToP instead of Gokuverse walking through poo poo unscatched.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

ImpAtom posted:

that flashback is to whis introducing the idea to him

the manga implies that goku and whis have trained on it specifically before

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i'm excited for Perfect Paparoni next episode

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Paparoni basically being a Kaiju is pretty cool, someone is gonna bite it though

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Here are my predictions for things coming up:

Next week, 17 and/or 18 gets eliminated, as does the new quadruple fusion guy, and U3 is erased.
Vegeta fights Jiren, possibly unlocks the attack version of Ultra Instinct, but still fails, but probably not eliminated.
Gohan and any Androids that are still in, if either of them are, fights Toppo and rings him out.
Frieza finally rings out Dyspo.
After Toppo and Dyspo get eliminated, Jiren basically flips out (stoically of course) and eliminates everyone except Goku and Vegeta, who have to fuse to even stand a chance.
And after that...no idea.

i dont think we're getting another vegito (or gogeta, who is still noncanonical) appearance in this arc. goku will master UI or something. vegeta will get chumped before it happens

frieza is trying to be the last man standing so hes going to sit back and let goku fight jiren for as long as he wants. then hes going to ring out goku.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
We aren't getting another fusion, Kelfa was it.

The episode was much better than last weeks. The previews look very promising. Also another return of Super Sayian God Goku.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

we are getting another fusion and it's gotenks during the 25 episode filler arc on 17's island that begins right after u3 is eliminated

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Manatee Cannon posted:

we are getting another fusion and it's gotenks during the 25 episode filler arc on 17's island that begins right after u3 is eliminated

You say that like that wouldn't be great. And Infinite Energy Marron.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

love that his name is Dr. Pepperoni

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Justin_Brett posted:

I mean, it would still be a better elimination than the one Piccolo got.

Kelp Plankton posted:

i dont think we're getting another vegito (or gogeta, who is still noncanonical) appearance in this arc. goku will master UI or something. vegeta will get chumped before it happens

frieza is trying to be the last man standing so hes going to sit back and let goku fight jiren for as long as he wants. then hes going to ring out goku.
I just don't want to imagine Goku mastering Ultra Instinct this quickly, I mean he only used it properly for the first time less than a half hour ago.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is there a guy named after pizza

because I want to make a paporoni pan pizza combo in the next db fusion

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Manatee Cannon posted:

is there a guy named after pizza

because I want to make a paporoni pan pizza combo in the next db fusion

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Piiza

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I mean, it would still be a better elimination than the one Piccolo got.

I just don't want to imagine Goku mastering Ultra Instinct this quickly, I mean he only used it properly for the first time less than a half hour ago.

maybe he won't fully master it, but he's going to unlock the 'proper' full UI form before this arc is over, to beat Jiren. its easy to forget the UI thing we're seeing right now is 'Ultra Instinct (Omen)' or whatever. the real UI is yet to be seen

im sure there's going to be some special twist or quirk to the form that we'll see explored more later. most likely, he's going to figure out how to stack it with SSJ Blue in the next arc or two

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Oh my God. They grabbed Brian Drummond for copy Vegeta's voice actor.

Dub dragon ball super is still the best

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

incredible. thanks

don't disappoint me fusions...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

havenwaters posted:

I hope Ocean Group does the right thing in turn

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Burkion posted:

I hope Ocean Group does the right thing in turn

Same.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

havenwaters posted:

NO loving way. Oh my god Dub super you are so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I wonder if Dr. Pepperoni is more powerful than Dr. Rota