Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

obviously piccolo dies instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think the canon moments are spoiled just a little by the actual 3v3 pan-timeline gameplay, but this is still very cool

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its cool how 17 and 18 just decided to take a break while the megazord almost killed the rest of their team

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

its cool how 17 and 18 just decided to take a break while the megazord almost killed the rest of their team

If you want to excuse it, the compilation videos do a good job of having multiple fights happen at the same time.

So they could have been clowning on the big dumb brick while Gohan styled all over the Megazord

Also loving Christ Gohan. He went from barely SSJ2 to SSJBlue just because Piccolo got him back into the right mindset.

How confused do you think Beerus would have been if Gohan had staid on his A Game after Buu and gave him a better fight than God Goku back in BoG

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Yeah, it would be nice of Gohan actually becomes a dedicated fighter like his dad, at least in terms of training. He could be more powerful than all of them. He's like a fighting genius I guess?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Imagine if he he had just kept training after Cell.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also Gohan nor Freeza use God Ki at all.

Imagine what crazy poo poo they'd do with that

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hunt11 posted:

Imagine if he he had just kept training after Cell.

Majin Buu would never even appear and good ol' Beebus would be knocking on the door not much long after

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Beerus looks like a crock of ahit to fight against.
And friezas explodey grab looks really loving good for combos. A grab that turns into an air combo wow

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Rhonne posted:

Also :lol: at Krillin dying in the intro. I wonder if that still happens if he's on your team.

In the background everyone quickly grabs the Dragonballs and wishes him back to life.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Burkion posted:

If you want to excuse it, the compilation videos do a good job of having multiple fights happen at the same time.

So they could have been clowning on the big dumb brick while Gohan styled all over the Megazord

Also loving Christ Gohan. He went from barely SSJ2 to SSJBlue just because Piccolo got him back into the right mindset.

I think that's just more Super's intentional tossing away of a lot of hard power level stuff.

Even in this episode Gohan was outright saying he needed to expend his power because Goku and Vegeta were more valuable and needed to take on U10. It's basically Gohan's admission he's not as powerful as the two of them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think the idea is that gohan's just back to how strong he was at the end of the buu saga, where he was the single most powerful mortal in existence outside of fusions

it's not so much that he's stronger now as it is the power curve finally caught up

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Theory: Ultra Instinct is a gently caress of a good way to give Nozawa a break, seeing as how the form includes a normal speaking voice that's really calm, low, and menacing, whereas the screams get doubled up with the Oozaru roar to help mask that she can't really belt it like she could 30 years on back, while still making it terrifying.

I am happy for this especially since it helps plays to the strengths she showed as Goku Black, and finally does something different from "scream louder, power longer" forms.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I usually don't notice so much when it's bad, but this episode had real bad art. There were so many characters that were "off model", it took me out of every single moment just staring at how they could draw some of these characters so wrong.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

havenwaters posted:

Oh my God. They grabbed Brian Drummond for copy Vegeta's voice actor.

Dub dragon ball super is still the best

This owns so goddamn hard. That Galick Gun is incredible.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Firstborn posted:

I usually don't notice so much when it's bad, but this episode had real bad art. There were so many characters that were "off model", it took me out of every single moment just staring at how they could draw some of these characters so wrong.

I noticed it the most with Vegeta. Dude looked like he was a clay model they had to keep re-proportioning every scene. I think that's a tell we're in the slump as they save up their budget and skills for the big stinking finale.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Black August posted:

I noticed it the most with Vegeta. Dude looked like he was a clay model they had to keep re-proportioning every scene. I think that's a tell we're in the slump as they save up their budget and skills for the big stinking finale.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Firstborn posted:

Kinda feels like they're saving animation time and budget for the U11 stuff. If it means the U11 episodes will be on the level of the first Jiren fight and Kefla fight then I don't mind having them throw the same two punches for an episode.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Ocean dubbed through Buu at least but it wasn't put on DVD and I doubt it's all online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyILqP80gEA

Drummond is so good

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Firstborn posted:

I liked the what, five different shots of Paparoni's eyes?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Black August posted:

Majin Buu would never even appear and good ol' Beebus would be knocking on the door not much long after

Beerus only tried to destroy earth because Buu was an rear end in a top hat in the first place

If anything Beeus would party and then leave

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

TheKingofSprings posted:

Beerus only tried to destroy earth because Buu was an rear end in a top hat in the first place

If anything Beeus would party and then leave

Bibus would want to see who was strong enough to be making all that noise though; in this scenario I'd imagine Gohan would be juiced enough to set him off, along with some other annoyances. No telling where it'd go from there, but in another end I can see a Gohan who never stopped training being more than enough to walk the same road as Goku has up to this point.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Black August posted:

Yeah but if this arc is any indication gohan can reach ssjgssj levels easily. so beerus would probably just be like thanks for the cool fight and leave.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

Yeah but if this arc is any indication gohan can reach ssjgssj levels easily. so beerus would probably just be like thanks for the cool fight and leave.

Comedy option

Beerus REALLY wants to see a SSJGod, has them do the ritual on Gohan and then Gohan accidentally kills him

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Gohan is dull as ditchwater when the show makes him be serious so I'm glad he didn't become the lead.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

a cartoon duck posted:

Kinda feels like they're saving animation time and budget for the U11 stuff. If it means the U11 episodes will be on the level of the first Jiren fight and Kefla fight then I don't mind having them throw the same two punches for an episode.

Recycled animation is expected. I'm specifically talking about how the artwork looked like fan art (which I suppose it is). Everything was "off model", it looked strange. Some of the artists uses little quirks that are present in a lot of other anime but doesn't resemble Toriyama's style.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Justin_Brett posted:

Gohan is dull as ditchwater when the show makes him be serious so I'm glad he didn't become the lead.

Every time Gohan being a fulltime fighter comes up, I point out that we've already seen Gohan as a fulltime fighter. He died to the androids. Let the one we have just lead a normal life.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wouldn't be surprised if Frieza is accidentally killed by Jiren

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
According to the manga Jiren has a really strict no-kill rule. I don't think he's ever killed anyone before.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That's why it's an accident...

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Freeza's already dead though.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I mean, Frieza managed to shrug off a Hakai, I think Jiren would have to try pretty hard to kill him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I mean, Frieza managed to shrug off a Hakai, I think Jiren would have to try pretty hard to kill him.

Frieza did not manage that. He managed to get out of and control Destruction Energy. There is a difference.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
can't break a no kill rule on someone that's already dead.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I will be surprised if Jiren and freeza interact directly at all

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I would be surprised if they didn't. Freeza v Jiren seems to me like the perfect battle for Jiren to realize that Goku isn't evil, just stupid compared to Freeza. A more interesting take would be that Jiren concludes that Goku is truly full of injustice because one of his allies is that loving tainted

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Oh man, when Freeza no sold that hakai, do you think he achieved UI and just didn't know what it was until the tournament?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

graham cracker posted:

Oh man, when Freeza no sold that hakai, do you think he achieved UI and just didn't know what it was until the tournament?

no

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

bowmore posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Frieza is accidentally killed by Jiren

I was legit suprised when androids 17 and 18 didn't accidentally kill the robo guy this episode. No one has gotten DQ'd so far for killing IIRC, and killing a robot would fit into the "yeah it happened, but it wasn't actually a big deal" style of Dragon Ball. He stopped moving for like 2 seconds and it would have been a good opportunity to DQ 2 strong fighters without making them do some BS jobbing.

edit: vvv Haha! Yeah, that would have been good.

psymonkey fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think that's the way Piccolo should have gone out, and for added irony it would be a dude jumping in front of a team mate