Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Not a fan of this threads antifrieza bias

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Freeza is cool and good, but let's be honest the best comeback kid of ToP is 17

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Stairmaster posted:

Not a fan of this threads antifrieza bias

Consider it balance for Blue Star's fan-fiction levels of love for the guy. I think the rest of us are cool with Freeza, but we realize he's set up for something and it isn't for suddenly being a good guy.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Kashuno posted:

Yeah. 17's been great

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Mordaedil posted:

Consider it balance for Blue Star's fan-fiction levels of love for the guy. I think the rest of us are cool with Freeza, but we realize he's set up for something and it isn't for suddenly being a good guy.

Yeah considering like 5 episodes ago we had a scene with him going " I really hate sayians" it really doesn't strike me as plausible that Frieza's going to be a good guy in the ten minutes left in the ToP.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm kinda surprised that the only Freeza episode we got before hitting the final stretch is the one where he pretend-fought Gohan. He almost seems more underutilised than Krillin so far.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I would consider Frazle a primary cast member at this point with how often he's back.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

a cartoon duck posted:

I'm kinda surprised that the only Freeza episode we got before hitting the final stretch is the one where he pretend-fought Gohan. He almost seems more underutilised than Krillin so far.

That's basically been his plan, yes. Beat up the scrubs whilst Goku & friends deal with all the real contenders.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wish Frost got to be anything more than just Lame Freeza.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Do you guys think Goku will actually be able to beat Jiren?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Yes.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

No.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Pureauthor posted:

Maybe.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I am getting mixed signals here

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pureauthor posted:

Probably.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

No. UI Goku caught Jiren off guard, but Jiren gave no indication he was going hard, or even really having trouble. He tells his teammates to back off, and Toppo even notes that his help isn't needed from Jiren. Even the one solid blow Goku lands on Jiren, Jiren lands calmly on his feet and is completely unscathed. Jiren didn't even try hard and was fine to keep up with UI

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Monaghan posted:

I'm checking the news each day for the announcement that will confirm the open beta date. It's getting hard to wait.

Merry Christmas

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/942805420749422592

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Pureauthor posted:

Could you repeat the question?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

Could you repeat the question?

someone missed "I don't know" so they blew your shot :smith:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I would love it if Goku loses to Jiren and the ToP ends with Jiren vs Freeza for the fate of the universes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

someone missed "I don't know" so they blew your shot :smith:

You're not the boss of me now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You're not the boss of me now :colbert:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

But I'M The boss of this gym. So that's that.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Black August posted:

But I'M The boss of this gym. So that's that.

gently caress you!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

gently caress you!

THAT'S THAT.

:goku:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Looks like 17 and 18 are gonna get eliminated next episode. But luckily Goku's best buddy Freeza is gonna jump in to lend a hand!

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Augus posted:

Looks like 17 and 18 are gonna get eliminated next episode. But luckily Goku's best buddy Freeza is gonna jump in to lend a hand!

Yeah, Krillin's.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Pureauthor posted:

Like a serious and legit win or pulling some bullshit with help from others or Jiren's good guy nature just letting U7 save itself? Because I see Goku having a disappointing victory that he isn't satisfied with if Jiren doesn't outright win.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New manga chapter sucked, 17 being like "I owe Krillin" is some poo poo considering Krillin did it because he was thinking with his dick. Thinking of his family first was a way better plot point.

Also it's kinda unnerving to me that Jiren & 17 were basically identical when it came to being recruited. "No, if our fate is to be destroyed that's life, I have things to protect here"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Jiren and 17 are the best characters of their respective Universes, of course they'd mirror good opinions.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Goku doesn't win anymore so he's probably due a straight up victory but I can't see the time limit resulting in anything other than the Zenos getting mad because of it and then there being overtime.

The arena being destroyed and ringing them both out as a result might be a dark horse outcome though too.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Goku losing in Ultra Instinct (Omen), Frezia taking out the completely winded Jiren (not him being stronger then Jiren, just him capitalizing on Goku wearing him down), and then Frezia wishing to be God of Everything or whatever leading to the mastery of Ultra Instinct in the aftermath leading to another Frezia beatdown seems possible?

I dunno. It does not fee like Goku is getting a 'clean' victory over Jiren, at least to me. He's been built up too much and everyone else in the tournament has taken a hit on how worthwhile they are to continue to buff up Jiren. Even a tense victory over Jiren at this point could honestly end up feeling unsatisfying even if it is really well animated and stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Jiren is a fighter with a real clever gimmick we've not seen which requires an interesting solution, that could work for a clean victory. If he's just One Punch Alien and just a straight beast, it'd be lame.

The odds of him having a gimmick seem very distant at this point.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I have hard money down and ready on the outcome of Freiza doing something to take over for the next arc, because why WOULDN'T you end Dragon Ball Super and the top-cosmic conflict by having the OG best bad doing his thing again on a multiuniversal scale? He could every well wish for the Zenos to be powerless or just unable to erase anything, or even something as simple as "I wish all Gods and Angels were erased"

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If Jiren is a fighter with a real clever gimmick we've not seen which requires an interesting solution, that could work for a clean victory. If he's just One Punch Alien and just a straight beast, it'd be lame.

The odds of him having a gimmick seem very distant at this point.

Frieza tickles him with his tail, Jiren reverts to his Jaco form and is easily dealt with.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I think if Frezia becomes universe god the wish should in some way increase his own power; like maybe he wishes 'I wish I had Zenos' job' or something else that gives him a huge power boost; the show does seem to be showing he isn't quite as strong as Jiren or UI Goku, so he would need some sort of boost.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what if jiren isn't superman after all... what if he's a green lantern?

golden freeza goes in for the cheese win

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I can't see Frieza gaining ultimate power or whatever because if that doesn't result in Goku's immediate death and dismemberment it would be a total asspull

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Freeza is going to wish for a universe with 999999999+ planets with life, all of them various levels of saiyan evolution, and spend eternity killing saiyans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Also it's kinda unnerving to me that Jiren & 17 were basically identical when it came to being recruited. "No, if our fate is to be destroyed that's life, I have things to protect here"

I really hated this reasoning. If you don't show up and win, the things you're protecting are screwed, so maybe get your rear end off the island and go help save your universe.

At least in the Manga, Jiren had a bit more of a moral reason, saying he didn't want to contribute to the death of other universes.