Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Agoat posted:

I don't think Frieza is super strong, I think he's just planning to be manipulative.

This is my thoughts as well. When he saw how the gods were all oh gently caress about Goku UI he figured that it was in his best interest to see Goku as his trump card for the ToP. Whatever place Freeza gets, Goku promised to bring him back.

Zzulu posted:

Well he is clearly super strong but probably not on Jiren/UI goku level yet

But this is frieza, he went from sub super saiyan powerlevel to super saiyan blue by training with some goons in the gym for four months. Maybe he's already figured it out

Which blends with Zzulu's point. Maybe after the tourney Freeza can spend a few days learning the move for himself, to finally get revenge on the monkeys. Or more likely gently caress it up again, but still.

Just dont give the dude a time chamber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SirKibbles posted:

No that's why U7 and U10's mortal level is so low. They're supposed to be creating life and kind of nudging the overall quality of life to be better. GoD's take out threats like Frieza and Buu and I'd assume kind of like how forest fires have to happen you'd blow up a few planets every once and awhile (hopefully under developed, a dying planet,or filled with assholes).

Kami or currently Dende is a deity he's just really low in the bureaucratic chain.

Universe 9.

Universe 10's score was more middling.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Implied to be entirely because of Gowasu at that.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

chiasaur11 posted:

Universe 9.

Universe 10's score was more middling.

It was still low so I'd chalk it up to U10's GoD seeming like he knew what his job was.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/942780313696161797

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Black August posted:

KING KAI FOR KAIOSHIN 2018

I'm afraid the rules state you have to be alive to be Kaioshin.

Maybe this is why King Kai keeps pushing Goku to revive him.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Bushmaori posted:

This is my thoughts as well. When he saw how the gods were all oh gently caress about Goku UI he figured that it was in his best interest to see Goku as his trump card for the ToP. Whatever place Freeza gets, Goku promised to bring him back.

Which blends with Zzulu's point. Maybe after the tourney Freeza can spend a few days learning the move for himself, to finally get revenge on the monkeys. Or more likely gently caress it up again, but still.

Just dont give the dude a time chamber.

I just laughed my rear end off at the idea of Freeza running out of the time chamber once every eight hours to try and kill Goku, only to find the latter with increasingly ridiculous forms each time.

Ultra Instinct 4? What the gently caress even is that, and why are you so hairy?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it'd be funny if freeza got the wish and hosed it up again by sarcastically agreeing to wish them back only for the dragon to take it at face value

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Well one problem with any rogue wish ideas is that Whis (or another Angel) has to translate to the God language or whatever.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

CharlestonJew posted:

Goku promised to bring him back to life

So you're saying he gets to hang out with King Kai for eternity

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Zore posted:

Wasn't Dabura up there? I remember Goku saying he was on par with Perfect Cell and then going 'My bad, probably stronger' during the fight.

Dabura's always a wild card because he never really has a definitive fight and then gets jobbed by Buu doing magic.

Dabura was Demon Supreme Kai.

Also, King Kai may not be very strong but he has been the most useful of any Kai by far, considering his teachings have been useful to this very day. Being able to promote other people's strength is what makes him and Roshi so incredibly useful.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

So you're saying he gets to hang out with King Kai for eternity

This is what's going to happen.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Kaio-ken x 20 Platinum Frieza when?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Momomo posted:

Dabura was Demon Supreme Kai.

Also, King Kai may not be very strong but he has been the most useful of any Kai by far, considering his teachings have been useful to this very day. Being able to promote other people's strength is what makes him and Roshi so incredibly useful.

King Kai was also absolutely instrumental in resolving basically every crisis up through Cell and without his help the Earth would be gone and Goku and friends would all be dead and Beerus and Shin would be completely hosed.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kild posted:

Well one problem with any rogue wish ideas is that Whis (or another Angel) has to translate to the God language or whatever.

whis might translate accurately if its funny i feel like

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

frieza will wish to be the king of everything, and will immediately be overwhelmed by all the paperwork and meetings the zenos never managed to take care of

the grand angel guy is just like "oh thank god, finally, an adult to talk to"

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Even if Frieza wins the Super Dragon Balls I doubt he will wish for Zeno's power/job, cause Zamasu didn't wish for it and that would have made his zero ningen keikaku plan even more zero ningeny. This may hint that there is a limit as to how much bullshit the Super Dragon Balls can grant. Hell Zamasu didn't even consider the option of switching places with a GoD and had to make do with a very strong ningen monkey to carry on his plans.

And on 17's motivation, I agree the whole "we are all gonna die, so I'll just continue protecting this island unless I can get a fancy boat" logic is dumb if somewhat hilarious. I think it would have made more sense for him to go "we are all gonna die, so i'd rather spend the potential last moments of my existence with my family instead of fighting *fights space poachers with Goku* ok, we might have a chance at this, I'll go if I can get a fancy boat for me and my family".

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The Zenos are so donkey-brained that they'd probably let Freeza wish them out of existence with full blessings. After all he looked so cool ganking their Best Boy Goku in the back with a death beam.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Frieza gets the wish, immediately gives up on all his plans when he finds out he has to say "pretty peas"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Frieza gets the wish, wishes for all Saiyans to have never existed, the film stutters a few times at the paradox of "without Saiyans there is no way Frieza would be in a position to make the wish," wish wasted

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Frieza wishes to be the new Zeno. Instead of just gaining his power, he becomes a third Zeno and loses all of his previous identity.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I could absolutely see Frieza getting the MVP wish, tossing it over to Goku as a "nice gesture", and letting them revive him with the standard balls. After that, he graciously thanks them, ominously compliments Vegeta on his new daughter, and flies off with a "Hooooo ho ho hohoho" as they stand there helpless to kill him, because they owe him for saving the universe, they're the good guys, and they still have that "well, if he DOES show up again, we'll beat him then" mindset. Vegeta has to be physically held back from murdering him thanks to the Bra thing, but otherwise Frieza gets to leave without issue to begin planning his new multiversal conquest.

Possibly he starts trying to conspire with the rear end in a top hat Gods of Destruction like "Did you see just how foolish your Zen-Os are? Maybe the universes could use a new leader..."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kurui Reiten posted:

I could absolutely see Frieza getting the MVP wish, tossing it over to Goku as a "nice gesture", and letting them revive him with the standard balls. After that, he graciously thanks them, ominously compliments Vegeta on his new daughter, and flies off with a "Hooooo ho ho hohoho" as they stand there helpless to kill him, because they owe him for saving the universe, they're the good guys, and they still have that "well, if he DOES show up again, we'll beat him then" mindset. Vegeta has to be physically held back from murdering him thanks to the Bra thing, but otherwise Frieza gets to leave without issue to begin planning his new multiversal conquest.

Possibly he starts trying to conspire with the rear end in a top hat Gods of Destruction like "Did you see just how foolish your Zen-Os are? Maybe the universes could use a new leader..."

He goes to collect the Super Dragon Balls and it's just GT but good.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

He goes to collect the Super Dragon Balls and it's just GT but good.

EXACTLY

studies how it works (unlike that time on Namek) gather them a year later since they border U7

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Kurui Reiten posted:

I think this is a lot more likely than Freeza wishing to become the God King or whatever, and it's totally plausible for the new, smarter Freeza who has clearly begun to show a newfound ability to play the long game and swallow his pride temporarily in order to gain the advantage. It solves the issue of "we put a fuckload of time into building up U6 so they need to come back somehow" while also providing a lurking future threat.

The problems with the theory of "Freeza wishes to be the king of everything" are that if the Super Dragon Balls could do that I'm pretty sure Zamasu would have done it and unless Freeza has been taking a Divine As A Second Language course any wish that gets made on the super balls is going to need to go through an angel and I'm pretty sure they're not going to let Freeza wish himself to omnipotent godhood.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

freeza wishes everyone back and further invalidates frost by becoming the one true good pr freeza

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

lezard_valeth posted:

Even if Frieza wins the Super Dragon Balls I doubt he will wish for Zeno's power/job, cause Zamasu didn't wish for it and that would have made his zero ningen keikaku plan even more zero ningeny. This may hint that there is a limit as to how much bullshit the Super Dragon Balls can grant. Hell Zamasu didn't even consider the option of switching places with a GoD and had to make do with a very strong ningen monkey to carry on his plans.

Kanos posted:

The problems with the theory of "Freeza wishes to be the king of everything" are that if the Super Dragon Balls could do that I'm pretty sure Zamasu would have done it and unless Freeza has been taking a Divine As A Second Language course any wish that gets made on the super balls is going to need to go through an angel and I'm pretty sure they're not going to let Freeza wish himself to omnipotent godhood.

I feel that Zamasu didn't wish to become King of Everything to further his plans because the Super Dragon Balls can't do it, but more that he just really, REALLY wanted to destroy all those filthy ningen by his own hands. Like yeah, maybe he could also have wished for all ningens to be erased, but it's probably more satisfying to his ego to blow them all up instead.

And he didn't consider switching with a GoD because he had a Frank Grimes complex towards Goku. :v:

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I started watching Kai (dub of course) after not watching dragon ball in 15 years. Nappa is hilarious. Was he this funny in the original?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Zamasu's whole deal was that gods rule mortals drool, considering Zeno's track record of wiping out four whole universes full of mortals and having a reputation for instantly destroying anyone who doesn't show the proper level of respect, there's a case to be made Zamasu would consider Zeno everything a god should be and so wouldn't even entertain the idea of usurping him.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

havenwaters posted:

Oh my God. They grabbed Brian Drummond for copy Vegeta's voice actor.

Dub dragon ball super is still the best

This owns.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Dragon balls can't do a wish more powerful than their creator. The super dragon balls weren't created by Zeno, they were made by a lower level god. Those balls aren't as powerful as Zeno and you can't use them to surpass or even equal his power.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Did Zamasu even know Zeno existed? Dude didn’t know the time rings existed until Gowasu showed them to him to travel to the future and U10 was supposed to be responsible for them

XboxPants posted:

Dragon balls can't do a wish more powerful than their creator. The super dragon balls weren't created by Zeno, they were made by a lower level god. Those balls aren't as powerful as Zeno and you can't use them to surpass or even equal his power.

We don’t know anything about Zalama’s power

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kashuno posted:

Did Zamasu even know Zeno existed? Dude didn’t know the time rings existed until Gowasu showed them to him to travel to the future and U10 was supposed to be responsible for them

While we have no way to know if he did in the anime or not, Zamasu mentions Zen'o by name in the manga.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Shin knew that Zeno existed, didn't he? If shin knew it is safe to assume everyone does.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Zeno....is the audience...

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I figure Old Kai knew about Zeno, and post-Buu saga Shin got caught up on a lot of stuff.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Shin didn't even know that Beerus, his counterpart, existed. There's no way he knew about Zeno.

Thinking about that, this means Shin must have thought he was the top of the top, like we did. The series really makes so much more sense with Super adding in the tiers of gods.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Kashuno posted:

You're right, but isn't it pretty established that Zeno is above every other god? Do you have a different impression?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Momomo posted:

Shin didn't even know that Beerus, his counterpart, existed. There's no way he knew about Zeno.

Thinking about that, this means Shin must have thought he was the top of the top, like we did. The series really makes so much more sense with Super adding in the tiers of gods.

Not really.

If there were any holes in the cosmic hierarchy of the Dragon Ball universe before Battle of Gods, it was where a filler character like Grand Kai fit in to the whole thing if there were kais above even him. Otherwise, it just seemed like Shin was completely out of touch with the goings on of Earth and the rest of the mortal universe until Babidi started making his move to resurrect Majin Buu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Momomo posted:

Didn't Shin have that spell or whatever to teleport directly to Zeno without anyone having to tell him? And he seemed to recognize Zeno when he appeared like everyone else.