Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm honestly kind of shocked that there is a vehicle in the original SW that I never noticed lol.

Yeah I'm getting that dumb set :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

veni veni veni posted:

I'm honestly kind of shocked that there is a vehicle in the original SW that I never noticed lol.

To be fair a lot of early stuff claimed it was a big droid or random junk. I think it’s only been known as a speeder for the last few years.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Went to Toys R Us to X-Mas shop for my nephew, ended up picking up the Superman vs Lobo set for myself

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land

veni veni veni posted:

I know the feeling. I've got the last generation Cantina expanded as part of my generic desert planet scene, and damnit I want the bartender. Also an other sand-trooper is always a bonus.

This and for the above reasons of generic sand planet, the sand-speeder seem to be the only two SW sets I care about this wave. Others are quite meh.

e- and jawa battlepack. Love me some more jawas.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yup same. Although, I also want Yodas hut. Should be a pretty cheap year for Lego SW for me. I love my Tatooine shelf. I'd probably have started adding non tatooine stuff at this point and made it a general desert planet, but I'm out of space. I think I can find room for a little bit of Cantina and some Jawas though. I really would like to spice it up eventually with some built up base plates and a background.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Big Mean Jerk posted:

To be fair a lot of early stuff claimed it was a big droid or random junk. I think it’s only been known as a speeder for the last few years.

It also showed up in Space Quest 3. And it's on-topic because there are Lego in the same scene! jk those are clearly megablox

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
I think you'll find that's an EVA pod from 2001 A Space Odyssey

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Lego had the UCS falcon up for order this morning for VIPs, got mine in, not sure if it’s still active.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

veni veni veni posted:

Yup same. Although, I also want Yodas hut. Should be a pretty cheap year for Lego SW for me. I love my Tatooine shelf. I'd probably have started adding non tatooine stuff at this point and made it a general desert planet, but I'm out of space. I think I can find room for a little bit of Cantina and some Jawas though. I really would like to spice it up eventually with some built up base plates and a background.

I wish they'd do a sarlacc that was an actual pit instead of just the "beak"

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

I think you'll find that's an EVA pod from 2001 A Space Odyssey

You're right, I genuinely thought that was what the Ubrikkian was made out of. It still shows up in Star Wars, just not there -- there's an EVA pod in Watto's Junkyard.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I finally got around to building Spaceship x3. It's much larger than I anticipated. Looks great. No idea where to put it. Might have to go back in the box.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Davros1 posted:

I wish they'd do a sarlacc that was an actual pit instead of just the "beak"

Yeah. It'd be nice if they made a proper looking sarlacc pit. I'd imagine it would be hard to do without making the set prohibitively expensive though unless it was just a facade, which I'd be cool with.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Finished building the Palace Cinema last night. I think I'm into modulars, now. RIP in peace, wallet.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Nth Doctor posted:

Finished building the Palace Cinema last night. I think I'm into modulars, now. RIP in peace, wallet.

Thankfully they only release one a year at most, and they last several years before retirement, so you can spread them out.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Pyroclastic posted:

Thankfully they only release one a year at most, and they last several years before retirement, so you can spread them out.

Yeah, I tactically got the one about to go out of print for that very reason.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Nth Doctor posted:

I think we have Palace Cinema under the tree. And assembly square hiding under my bed still.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ultimate Mango posted:

I think we have Palace Cinema under the tree. And assembly square hiding under my bed still.

Can I be in your family?

My family thinks it's dumb that I like them and refuse to get them for me for xmas even though I ask for them every year lol.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Can I be in your family?

My family thinks it's dumb that I like them and refuse to get them for me for xmas even though I ask for them every year lol.

Mrs Mango was NOT PLEASED when Ninjago City showed up. Palace Cinema was a gift from a rich uncle I stashed since it would have been even less popular. She literally doesn’t know about Assembly Square and I think she will make me free up a shelf in the garage for it.

I seriously love the modular idea and wish I had caught on sooner. But we do not have the space and the Mrs does not want them where they can be seen.

Aforementioned rich uncle was in the process of buying the UCS Falcon and the Mrs waved him off because it was too big.

Maybe I need to turn Palace Cinema into war of the roses Lego style to commemorate the coming battle.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
loving SEVER!

Nah. My wife loves that I and my son do Lego but she’s equally against public-space displaying.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Mrs Onion is "fine" with Lego displays, but only gives me the top of the bookshelf to work with. It's just deep enough for the non-UCS TIE fighter, and you can barely see things like the ECTO-1.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Ultimate Mango posted:

Mrs Mango was NOT PLEASED when Ninjago City showed up. Palace Cinema was a gift from a rich uncle I stashed since it would have been even less popular. She literally doesn’t know about Assembly Square and I think she will make me free up a shelf in the garage for it.

I seriously love the modular idea and wish I had caught on sooner. But we do not have the space and the Mrs does not want them where they can be seen.

Aforementioned rich uncle was in the process of buying the UCS Falcon and the Mrs waved him off because it was too big.

Maybe I need to turn Palace Cinema into war of the roses Lego style to commemorate the coming battle.

Do you get to veto any of her hobbies?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cojawfee posted:

Do you get to veto any of her hobbies?

Her hobbies consist of baking, backrubs and blowjobs. Why would he veto?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
If she combined all three I would be vetoing the baking.

Got the Charazard Mega Construx for X-mas. It's a good set, but it is the first time in a while I've gotten a set and been like "Oh, it's that small?" after I was was done.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm divorced so I can put my Lego wherever I want in my manchild hobbit hole basement apartment. The sweet life.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
The missus and I have a mutual understanding. Lego Tower Bridge, big Ben, London Bus and architecture Buckingham palace in the living room on display, as well as a display case full of random stuff. But the London sets are prominently displayed on a wall shelves, on top of the display case and on a shelf behind the dining table respectively. If Lego ever do a London Eye, we'll need a bigger flat. Visitor's love those sets, even if they are not just to lego.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Just picked up 4 of the Lego Batman series 2 Minifigs. Wasn’t expecting to see them so soon!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The_Doctor posted:

Just picked up 4 of the Lego Batman series 2 Minifigs. Wasn’t expecting to see them so soon!

Nice. What store?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
My wife likes Lego more than I do and lemme tell ya it's mostly awesome but it also means we buy way too much of it.

Not the past few years though we kinda slowed down when we moved.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Feenix posted:

Nice. What store?

John Lewis in the UK.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
R/lego has a location tracking thread pinned about them

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ooh, I got the Merch/Soccer Mom Batgirl, and they use a new, softer, thinner fabric for the cape that falls much better over the figure.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Got 12/20 uniques in my first 16 pull. I have doubles of Beach Alfred, Bat Merch Batgirl, Hugo Strange, and End Song Harley. Anyone want to trade?

Need:

Zan
Apache Chief
Black Vulcan
Mermaid Batman
Dolphin Batman
Clock Man
Beach Batgirl
End Song Alfred

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just a note to anyone who wants the full set: look on ebay. You can get the full set for below retail pretty easily. One guy offered it to me at $72. And after more sellers have them, the price will drop into the 60s. As long as you are patient and don't mind waiting a couple weeks.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Got the sandspeeder for Xmas!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The bank, pool hall, and diner are all things I really want to get next. It’s going to be an interesting 2018. Especially because where I life people don’t have basements.

Have the Vader transformation, police station, and Cinema to do this week. Going to be FUN!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sabine, The Phantom and The Ghost more than make up for a pretty lackluster SW Advent calendar. The Y-wing and Rey's speeder were rad too tho! Oh and the R1 stuff.... maybe it wasn't such a let down afterall.

The exclusive is tho - the Santa BB8 :/

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 26, 2017

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah BB8 was not good. It doesn't even wear the hat well.
Even the random christmas tree droid from a few years ago that was just one of the doors and snowman r2d2 had more flair.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
I got to go through all three of the calendars - city, friends, and Star Wars for each of my kids.

Lego city was hands down the best. Great detail, lots of minifigs, and coherent Christmas theme.

Lego Star Wars was good, but the Christmas felt shoehorned in. Except for a snowblower and Santa BB-8 on a snowboard, there was not really anything christmasy. Still, a goodly amount of minifigs and lots of short bits.

Lego friends was a serious letdown. Even for my girls, who love Lego friends, they both wanted to play with Lego city. There is only one minifig. One. How are you going to call it Lego friends, if it’s only one girl! There are a half dozen pets/animals, including a horse, but only one person. And all the props are just flavors of dresser with a wreath. Some nights there was the disappointment of getting only a single animal - nothing else. We had to start alternating my two girls between friends and city, because it was so boring - nobody wanted it. It did have Christmas spirit, but mostly into the form of snow and wreaths, with a tree. Pretty weak.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Hopper posted:

Yeah BB8 was not good. It doesn't even wear the hat well.
Even the random christmas tree droid from a few years ago that was just one of the doors and snowman r2d2 had more flair.

I didn't have a BB8 so I was happy to get it. I thought it was a decent set; however, anything that expands my Imperial Army is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dalaram posted:

I got to go through all three of the calendars - city, friends, and Star Wars for each of my kids.

Lego city was hands down the best. Great detail, lots of minifigs, and coherent Christmas theme.

Lego Star Wars was good, but the Christmas felt shoehorned in. Except for a snowblower and Santa BB-8 on a snowboard, there was not really anything christmasy. Still, a goodly amount of minifigs and lots of short bits.

Lego friends was a serious letdown. Even for my girls, who love Lego friends, they both wanted to play with Lego city. There is only one minifig. One. How are you going to call it Lego friends, if it’s only one girl! There are a half dozen pets/animals, including a horse, but only one person. And all the props are just flavors of dresser with a wreath. Some nights there was the disappointment of getting only a single animal - nothing else. We had to start alternating my two girls between friends and city, because it was so boring - nobody wanted it. It did have Christmas spirit, but mostly into the form of snow and wreaths, with a tree. Pretty weak.

I like how the city one (dunno about the others) folds out into a display area. Don't remember last years having that.