Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Well, they aren't called the Pride troopers for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

Well, they aren't called the Pride troopers for nothing.

Well, at least the prince of all Saiyans is about to kick him in the kidney. Before jobbing. I mean, it's Vegeta, jobbing is his eternal destiny.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Vegeta managed to land a solid hit on Jiren in SSB, that's definitely interesting. I have a feeling he's gonna put up a fight before ultimately jobbing. But I think Vegeta beats Toppo, but loses to a combo of Dyspo and Jiren

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

Vegeta managed to land a solid hit on Jiren in SSB, that's definitely interesting. I have a feeling he's gonna put up a fight before ultimately jobbing. But I think Vegeta beats Toppo, but loses to a combo of Dyspo and Jiren

I like how the discussion isn't whether Vegeta will job, but how Vegeta will job.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

END

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm really glad the preview shows Vegeta getting in some good hits on Jiren instead of just making it another joke like his fight with Hit. He even has to guard against the Final Flash instead of just staring really hard at it.

Azathoth256 posted:

I like how the discussion isn't whether Vegeta will job, but how Vegeta will job.

I mean, we've all seen this series. We know it's his destiny.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

showing someone that isn't goku getting in a real fight with jiren this early basically guarantees they're going out in the same episode

vegeta jobbing is inevitable but I'd think the same about any of the others in this situation as well

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I see it as Frieza smashing Dyspo, Toppo beating 17 and Gohan, Jiren beating Vegeta but not ringing him out, Toppo losing to Frieza, Goku going up against Jiren and losing again, also not ringing out, Frieza taking on Jiren to buy time for Goku + Vegeta to recover for Vegetto UI

maybe.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/TTSoolBNiuIb6jG/status/944838979689390080

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I liked Shin having a nervous breakdown about Anilaza.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

AtomikKrab posted:

I will note that nothing has still broken 17s barrier.

Ribrianne broke it by smashing into it, though she bounced off in the process.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I thought for a moment that the plan was gonna be for 17 to get eaten but expand his barrier

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Episode was good. I hope Vegeta doesn't job. He won't win, but i'd like for him to stand his ground. Frieza is definitely going to make sure goku wishes him back.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Sefal posted:

Episode was good. I hope Vegeta doesn't job. He won't win, but i'd like for him to stand his ground. Frieza is definitely going to make sure goku wishes him back.

The best outcome would be for Goku to sincerely mean to wish Frieza back but never get round to actually making the wish, as with King Kai

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

'A second Resurrection of F?! Oolong's Counterattack!!'

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

multijoe posted:

The best outcome would be for Goku to sincerely mean to wish Frieza back but never get round to actually making the wish, as with King Kai

I just have this image in my head of Freeza hanging out on King Kai's planet, getting increasingly impatient.

"He said he'd wish me back, he promised!"
"Oh you poor, poor fool."

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

That episode was great, need to watch it again at some point. Right now Freeza and the dynamic he has with Goku is some of the best stuff Super has put out.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
You guys are crazy! We saw the preview and Vegeta was STOMPING on Jiren. We don't know how strong Vegeta is, maybe he'll just win and everyone will just be all "huh well I didn't expect that to happen".

Joking aside, it would work really well as a story beat if they're building toward a grande padre or whatever fight. Jiren's set up as a perfect jobber; it'd explain why they haven't really given him any development.

And then once Vegeta beats Jiren, he can get wrecked on the real true final endboss.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm guessing it's going to play out much like Vegeta vs Perfect Cell, with Vegeta maybe giving a slightly better account of himself before jobbing

e: I'm all onboard for the 11th hour El Grande Padre plot twist shocker though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope Jiren, Goku and Vegeta agree to settle their differences, integrate Universe 11 into Universe 7 and then maybe even smooch.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jiren would be too disgusted by Goku's amoral fight lust to ever kiss him

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jiren is gonna whoop U7's rear end and then ask the Doki Doki Zeno-sama Club if they're not entertained by this brutality.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

U7 will be erased and Jiren will be the new protagonist.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I feel like it’s too late for Vegeta to job. Like, we are all well aware of how strong Jiren is. He kept up with UI, a thing the GoDs were even afraid of, and rocked Hit hard who beat on Vegeta last time they fought. Jobbing doesn’t really do anything now

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Goku and Freeza are bestest friends :3:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Kashuno posted:

I feel like it’s too late for Vegeta to job. Like, we are all well aware of how strong Jiren is. He kept up with UI, a thing the GoDs were even afraid of, and rocked Hit hard who beat on Vegeta last time they fought. Jobbing doesn’t really do anything now

It further reinforces Vegeta's place on the pecking order.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Augus posted:

Goku and Freeza are bestest friends :3:
I would love to see him become an actual Z Fighter, 'cause he has nothing better to do. He just stands around being smug and Ohohoho-ing while occasionally helping out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vegeta getting bodied by a threat going all out is a good, and also basically the only, way they have establishing how powerful they really are because he's a consistent benchmark to beat.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I would love to see him become an actual Z Fighter, 'cause he has nothing better to do. He just stands around being smug and Ohohoho-ing while occasionally helping out.

And kicking goku, because he realizes that yes he hates saiyans, but without them he's got nothing to do.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Honestly, hanging around, being real nice to Goku, and letting his friends and family live in fear as they wait for the other shoe to drop, would be a very Freeza thing to do.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Rand Brittain posted:

Honestly, hanging around, being real nice to Goku, and letting his friends and family live in fear as they wait for the other shoe to drop, would be a very Freeza thing to do.

And when it drops it’s going to be huge

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
When Vegeta told Trunks that Freeza had a change of heart, he wasn't joking.

Edit: Freeza's shout during his finger beam blast alongside Goku / Gohan / Vegeta / 17 doing their "AHHHHHHH" was weird.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 24, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope U7 loses and the screen just goes black for like, 5 minutes before Jiren wishes them back.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
that episode was incredible and i CANT WAIT for perfect blue vegeta to go wild against jiren

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I believe in the Bad Man.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
17 was great in that ep. I can't believe they made him the best character.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rhonne posted:

I believe in the Bad Man.

He better get more than a few hits in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
They're going to pull an "Invisible Man" from Baba's tournament and Krillin is going to grab Bulma, place her in front of Jiren's fist, killing her, and setting off Vegeta for the greatest "THAT'S MY BULMA!!!!" power-up ever.

Bet.