Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

My friend is finishing up his hi-nu build and waved his fancy westenfluss destiny in my face for his next project. Are there any rules against killing someone for their gunpla?

No rules I'd respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

My friend is finishing up his hi-nu build and waved his fancy westenfluss destiny in my face for his next project. Are there any rules against killing someone for their gunpla?

Gunpla isn't about rules.

Gunpla is freedom.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

mango sentinel posted:

You say this like there are any bad Zaku colors.

Johnny Ridden owns but I'd rather have the Tri-Star colors.

Ultimately the release is good for me since now I won't be buying three of them and making a display.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Ultimately the release is good for me since now I won't be buying three of them and making a display.

I'd rather have Shin's over Tri/Johnny.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

asterioth posted:

I'd rather have Shin's over Tri/Johnny.

Colorscheme, maybe. But Johnny's a cool badass with a great running gag, and Shin is a weiner who wanted to support Operation Stardust, something only the worst Zeons do.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

This kit is pretty boss.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Puddin posted:

This kit is pretty boss.

Yeah. I finished the building for mine yesterday, and it’s so good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There's already the HG origin Black Tri-Stars Zakus, and looking at the RG set the only real difference between them is the rotating monoeye and the separated thigh armor. The legs have about the same range of articulation.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/mikeluckas/status/944475308651974656

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

oh gently caress ive been doing it wrong this whole time

that's what i get for thinking i can read instructions in japanese!!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

wow which series was hopman oneleg gundam in

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

punchymcpunch posted:

G.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

punchymcpunch posted:

I wouldn't be 100% shocked if there's a brief scene of quality animation somewhere in 0079 where the gundam looks like that.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I've got to get a spraypainting setup working again so I can dig into all my new kits I got for Christmas. My fiance wanted to get me a bunch of those silly special effects for kits, now to figure out how I want to use them.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Has there been a waterslide announced yet for the perfect grade exia?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Chainclaw posted:

I've got to get a spraypainting setup working again so I can dig into all my new kits I got for Christmas. My fiance wanted to get me a bunch of those silly special effects for kits, now to figure out how I want to use them.

Nothing silly about effect parts. They are only for the serious and handsome collectors who want to let everyone else have an idea of how rad the toys look in their imagination. Now you are part of this exclusive club. Good luck.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

So, MG Banshee Ver. KA got announced. Thats a thing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
HOW THE gently caress CAN THERE BE A VER. KA OF A MOBILE SUIT IF KATOKI DESIGNED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It’s the original novel version. So, the boring one that’s mostly a palette-swap of the original Unicorn rather than the cool one with the folding smartgun and the giant fuckoff club-claw.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It's just a typo, they're releasing the MG Banshee (Verka Custom)

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Guy Goodbody posted:

HOW THE gently caress CAN THERE BE A VER. KA OF A MOBILE SUIT IF KATOKI DESIGNED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Very carefully.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth Walrus posted:

It’s the original novel version. So, the boring one that’s mostly a palette-swap of the original Unicorn rather than the cool one with the folding smartgun and the giant fuckoff club-claw.

So this is just the existing MG Banshee but they left out a sprue?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

So this is just the existing MG Banshee but they left out a sprue?

I for one am shocked that bandai is milking unicorn fans for every elaborately plated jackson they have

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The gold plated v-fin is a nice addition though, considering how awful the regular yellow one is.

This isn't the first MG Banshee Ver Ka though, there was a p-bandai one a while back labeled the 'final battle version' with a green frame and gold foil waterslides. It was my first p-bandai, and I kind of mucked it up sadly. But that version did at least include the 'mane', also gold plated, but I don't know if this one will.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

The gold plated v-fin is a nice addition though, considering how awful the regular yellow one is.

This isn't the first MG Banshee Ver Ka though, there was a p-bandai one a while back labeled the 'final battle version' with a green frame and gold foil waterslides. It was my first p-bandai, and I kind of mucked it up sadly. But that version did at least include the 'mane', also gold plated, but I don't know if this one will.

Looks like it has the gold plated vfin and gold foil waterslides but no mane since thats part of the OVA.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Bandai is way ahead of you on that one, they've actually made them available as a 3 pack (with no discount) and included a "triple action base".

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Got a bit more done on the frame.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh no, PC gaming's RGB craze hit gundams

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I'm on board 100%.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Puddin posted:

I'm on board 100%.

Not empty quoting.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
Ok so I bought a detolf from Ikea and everyone was right - it really looks incomplete without a PG. Problem is I really like the old UC suits but they all seem well, old. Does the RX-78-2 or Zaku hold up? I've found it good policy to avoid pre-early 2000's kits and this runs counter to that

also why is the PG GP01 so expensive? Is it because you can make it FB?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
The best part about winter break: I can finally work on my FM Bael and my first RG kit: Wing Gundam EW.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
From what I've heard the PG rx-78 is okay, its biggest fault is just that it's old enough that it uses some unconventional assembly tricks + the newest MG 78's are so good that they match it in complexity in a lot of ways.

If you want a space-filler the Mega Size 1/48's aren't bad. They don't have a huge amount of articulation but they certainly work for giving an imposing presence.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Puddin posted:

Got a bit more done on the frame.

Are you going to matte spray?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

tenderjerk posted:

Ok so I bought a detolf from Ikea and everyone was right - it really looks incomplete without a PG. Problem is I really like the old UC suits but they all seem well, old. Does the RX-78-2 or Zaku hold up? I've found it good policy to avoid pre-early 2000's kits and this runs counter to that

also why is the PG GP01 so expensive? Is it because you can make it FB?

You should be fine with any UC PG that's not the Zeta.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Beelerzebub posted:

The best part about winter break: I can finally work on my FM Bael and my first RG kit: Wing Gundam EW.

Are those FM kits about as complex as MG like I've heard?

DKD
Dec 25, 2011
Speaking of older kits, has anyone built the 08th MS team MGs? I've got my eye on a couple kits from the local shop, but they were made around 2005.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

DKD posted:

Speaking of older kits, has anyone built the 08th MS team MGs? I've got my eye on a couple kits from the local shop, but they were made around 2005.

I've built the EZ-8 - it shows its age and can't hold weapons in the least, but it's a good kit, and I built it after far more recent stuff so it's pretty manageable, good articulation for how bulky a body it has, some of the coolest legs I've seen on a kit, and is great for weathering

This kit taught me I have no clue what I'm doing with dry transfers (and still don't) :haw:

e: if you really want good 08th kits, they made a bunch of HGUC versions in the past few years that exceed the MGs (the EZ8, GM Ground Type, Gouf Custom). My HG EZ-8 is one of my favorite kits, and is a better model than the MG - I would assume it's the same with the rest of these suits

tenderjerk fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 27, 2017

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Yawgmoft posted:

Are you going to matte spray?

Moat likely but I'll be doing some heavy masking to cover all the lights.

Will probably hit it once it's all together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Marx Headroom posted:

Are those FM kits about as complex as MG like I've heard?

The FM/RE line is basically a 1/100 HG with a touch more detail in the frame and armour.

They are however a lot of fun to make. I made the McGillis Graze a while back and it was pretty good.